Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
@sportshort I used to live in Scummy-mead back in the 80's. It wasn't too bad back then, how is the area now?

It's ok, I live in MoVal and some of it is sketchy as all get out, but I like where I live and Kawhi Leonard of LA Clippers fame lives in Moreno Valley too (of course I'm not allowed in his neighborhood-long story JK) so there are good areas. It's still hotter than blazes during the summers. the worst part about living in Moreno Valley is that there are no comic book stores that sell anything other than moderns.
Post 551 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 552 IP   flag post

Post 553 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson That's on my want list.
Post 554 IP   flag post
It isn't on mine, lol.
Post 555 IP   flag post

@DWeeB1967 If you decide you no longer wish to own the Six Million Dollar Man #1, let me know.
Post 556 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
@DWeeB1967 If you decide you no longer wish to own the Six Million Dollar Man #1, let me know.
I'll remember that, doc.
Post 557 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Couple more items that came in today.
This Supergirl was one I’d never seen until o saw it posted here on the forum. I dig the cover.

Post 558 IP   flag post
This Teen Titans is my first Comic with a Mark Jeweler’s insert.

Post 559 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort maybe you saw this when I posted before, I googled the address shown on the Mark Jeweler ads. I think it's on Pico:

Post 560 IP   flag post
I'm guessing Mark Jeweler's has fallen on hard times.
Post 561 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort

I guess he spent all his money on inserts 😆
Post 562 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
This Supergirl was one I’d never seen until o saw it posted here on the forum. I dig the cover.

First Zatanna/supergirl Team up and a superb cover too...I hoard copies of that one.
Post 563 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Got a bunch of moderns and modern variants in recently. Love the art on most of these:

Got the red and purple cover.

Dark Red 1, got this and the trade dress version

Dceased 4 sketch

Not a bad story, love the art

Another Punchline #1 variant

Department of Truth #9, got this and the trade dress variants

Post 564 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user

Nothing earth shattering but I'm big deadpool and bats fan so I'm happy camper. Flea market finds from this morning.
Post 565 IP   flag post
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 566 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplecdad

These look very cool!!!
Post 567 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 568 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics
Quote:

I guess he spent all his money on inserts 😆

😂😂😂
Post 569 IP   flag post
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user
The world’s most attractive bachelor is the Jaguar! Millions of girls idolize him …

You gotta love that kinda scripting.
Post 570 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplecdad
The world’s most attractive bachelor is the Jaguar! Millions of girls idolize him …

You gotta love that kinda scripting.

Is the Jaguar‘s arch nemesis ‘The Cougar’?
Post 571 IP   flag post
Hey @00slim I have the Batman glass you can have it if you just cover the postage let me know.

Post 572 IP   flag post
@Murmonster That would be awesome! Do you have my address? If not, I’ll send you a PM. Just let me know how much. I really appreciate it. 👍🏼
Post 573 IP   flag post
@00slim I sold a book to you a few months ago so assuming you have not moved I do have your address I’ll check the postage costs tomorrow will get it to you for as cheap as possible.
Post 574 IP   flag post
@Murmonster I remember. Yes, it’s the same address in Stockton.

Thanks, man! 👍🏼
Post 575 IP   flag post
Quote:

Rounded up my best copy of that one, its a tougher book than most might realize to find in higher grades.Looks like your copy is pretty clean as well
Post 576 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
This Supergirl was one I’d never seen until I saw it posted here on the forum. I dig the cover.

Rounded up my best copy of that one, its a tougher book than most might realize to find in higher grades.Looks like your copy is pretty clean as well

The seller said NM-/NM it is pretty clean but I like yours better cause it's professionally graded.
Post 577 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
This Supergirl was one I’d never seen until I saw it posted here on the forum. I dig the cover.

The seller said NM-/NM it is pretty clean but I like yours better cause it's professionally graded.
There seem to be alot of copies of the book with a printing crease running along the cover right around Zatanna's knees, that is annoying and seems rather prevalent for whatever reason. I think your copy would likely clean and press and slab out just fine itself ! Classy choice in books for sure
Post 578 IP   flag post
Collector Venomous72 private msg quote post Address this user

This was my latest pick up, and probably the last one for several months
Post 579 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Is anyone here hip to Gwandanaland Comics? I have never heard anyone talk about them on the forum. They produce quality reprint collections of golden age comics that are in the public domain. They have over 4900 titles in print and will even do custom collections based on your interests. They have been around for quite awhile but just recently got a website up and running (although it is still under construction). Anyone interested in reading golden age comics should check them out. Here’s some of my recent pickups:

Post 580 IP   flag post
601333 999 30