Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
This Magazine is Haunted cover has chick done beautifully , Peacemaker 3 has chick done who cares. Got somewhat of a discount, $700.

Post 526 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
This Magazine is Haunted cover has chick done beautifully , Peacemaker 3 has chick done who cares. Got somewhat of a discount, $700.

[img]https:

At first glance I would have sworn this was a Jim Aparo cover.
Post 527 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 528 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim lol I used to have the Two-Face mug

Honestly, I think a lot of hate Batman Forever gets is spilled over from Batman & Robin. It’s certainly not great but it’s a notch or two above Batman & Robin
Post 529 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Personally, I prefer ‘Batman Forever’ over ‘Batman Returns’. But I totally agree that it’s not great, though.
Post 530 IP   flag post

Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I always pick this one up when I come across it in back bins.

1st cover and full appearance of Evil Deadpool.

The latest issue of Copra. Double sized.

Post 531 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up some drek.

Post 532 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Scored big time at my LCS. Biggest pick up was saga 1. I’ve wanted this one for my PC for a long time.

Also got to take my 1 month old for her first ever comic book shop visit. Plenty more to follow!

Post 533 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
She’s beautiful!
Post 534 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Babies are awesome!
Post 535 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Woooo! Finally got this beauty in the mail today, it's a decent copy that is complete!

Post 536 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone seen this before? My brother gave it to me saying it was kind of rare.

Post 537 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
With prices being what they are, especially on graded Marvels, I've been buying alot more raw books lately and alot more "out of the mainstream" titles. Like these.

First Rocky and Bullwinkle, I believe (and, I assume, Boris Badenov, Natasha and probably Mr. Peabody and Sherman, too). It can be so hard to tell with Four Color Comics.

I actually picked this one up on the ShortBoxed app. My first purchase using that app. I had no problems whatsoever. And, no, I don't work for ShortBoxed. 😄

And I still say that THIS book is the first SA appearance of Plastic Man and not House of Mystery #160. That book is clearly Robby Reed acting as Plastic Man so it's similar in nature to acrobat Captain America or Batman as Two-Face. Of course, I'm still in the minority of people who think of House of Secrets #92 as a kind of try-out issue for Swamp Thing. 😄

Post 538 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up while out of town at a small comic book store’s, half off box.

I really hate the outfit Wonder Woman is wearing on this cover but I dig the groovy Wonder Woman from that era.

Post 539 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort I love that era of Wonder Woman just because of the outfits. That Wonder Woman #178 that @southerncross picked up is great!
Post 540 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@bige31 That is cool. I hadn’t seen it before. It looks to be a $10 book raw, but certainly harder to find than the regular cover.

A graded 9.8 just sold for $110.
Post 541 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@sportshort I love that era of Wonder Woman just because of the outfits. That Wonder Woman #178 that @southerncross picked up is great!

I love the outfits too, but this is the first time that I didn't. I really don't like this one, but it was a good deal, so there ya are.
Post 542 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 according to GCD, that Four Color would be the first appearance.

Post 543 IP   flag post
Thanks, @Jesse_O.

I thought that was the case based on the research that I did before buying it. Overstreet lists FC #1128 as Rocky and His Friends #1 (it doesn't specifically state that it is their first appearance) and it was published in 1960, just a few months after the characters debuted on TV. So it makes sense that that would be the case.

With all this first appearances, this book is kind of like the Giant-Size X-Men #1 equivalent for Rocky and Bullwinkle. 😄
Post 544 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
I love the outfits too, but this is the first time that I didn't. I really don't like this one, but it was a good deal, so there ya are.

It's kind of funny the backlash that DC got when they made this change. They were trying to make WW more modern and reflective of the women's movement of the time. What they got was Gloria Steinem, uber-feminist of that era, launching a campaign to restore WW back to her original self. 😄

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/10/gloria-steinem-wonder-woman
Post 545 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:

It's kind of funny the backlash that DC got when they made this change. They were trying to make WW more modern and reflective of the women's movement of the time. What they got was Gloria Steinem, uber-feminist of that era, launching a campaign to restore WW back to her original self. 😄

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/10/gloria-steinem-wonder-woman

Interesting article, I had no idea, never heard this story before. Thanks!
Post 546 IP   flag post
Quote:
Interesting article, I had no idea, never heard this story before. Thanks!

I thought so, too. Glad you liked it. 👍
Post 547 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige31
Has anyone seen this before? My brother gave it to me saying it was kind of rare.

Hell yeah I remember that. Friend of mine had it when we were kids. Sublime's version of the Hong Kong Phooey theme was awesome.
Post 548 IP   flag post
This is an early Father’s Day present. I went to a comic book store in HemetCa and found it for 50 bucks. It clearly has issues, the bottom left of the cover mirrors the bottom right, the spine is split halfway up, the bottom staple is detached but the rest of the book is solid. I thought it was a good deal but it was better when I didn’t have to pay for it.

Post 549 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort I used to live in Scummy-mead back in the 80's. It wasn't too bad back then, how is the area now?
Post 550 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
@sportshort I used to live in Scummy-mead back in the 80's. It wasn't too bad back then, how is the area now?

It's ok, I live in MoVal and some of it is sketchy as all get out, but I like where I live and Kawhi Leonard of LA Clippers fame lives in Moreno Valley too (of course I'm not allowed in his neighborhood-long story JK) so there are good areas. It's still hotter than blazes during the summers. the worst part about living in Moreno Valley is that there are no comic book stores that sell anything other than moderns.
Post 551 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 552 IP   flag post

Post 553 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson That's on my want list.
Post 554 IP   flag post
It isn't on mine, lol.
Post 555 IP   flag post
601366 999 30