Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 501 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
OfferUp actually has some good deals every so often. I got the two graded books I posted from OfferUp for $50.
I think @Batman66 is around my neck of the woods so at least I know if I miss something he'll probably get it
Post 502 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Back home from vacation and comics were waiting for me.
Bought these off Doc_Cop

Post 503 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross @doc_cop is a great seller
Post 504 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@southerncross @doc_cop is a great seller

Most definitely, and I got the peter Parker at a very nice price.

Funny thing is it's the first time I owned a copy too.
Post 505 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just came in Yesterday! I don’t mind the grade because it’s entirely a result of the art. Others may disagree

Post 506 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm

Serious book there for sure...and one that is tough in higher grades. Was slabbed in 2011, so its quite possible it was never cleaned or pressed and might even move higher with some work

Considering it triples in value from 9.4 to a 9.6 grade , thats a hefty jump and six copies in the census over that grade. A 9.8 would be a huge move
Post 507 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town I agree and grabbed it at a pretty good price and Barda/Mister Miracle are two of my favorites and pretty under-appreciated in my opinion. I've got two 9.0s and a 9.2 that will likely undergo a CPR in addition to this one at some point in the future.
Post 508 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Darkseid_of_town I agree and grabbed it at a pretty good price and Barda/Mister Miracle are two of my favorites and pretty under-appreciated in my opinion. I've got two 9.0s and a 9.2 that will likely undergo a CPR in addition to this one at some point in the future.
I am somewhere there in the same area....A slab 8.5, a pair of 7's and maybe 3-4 raw that might grade higher, shame that they did not carry through with the movie, the directer was a huge fan of Barda's too
Post 509 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Just came in Yesterday! I don’t mind the grade because it’s entirely a result of the art. Others may disagree

oooohhhh man.... I’ve been waiting to see this! Can I get a pic of the back????
Post 510 IP   flag post
Here ya go, and the full art for those interested

Post 511 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town I was disappointed in that outcome as well; however, I think it is inevitable that Barda and Scott Free will make it to the big screen eventually, as well as the other great characters of the series (Furies, Granny Goodness, etc.). Darkseid will make another appearance at some point along with the 4th world saga....too much material to be ignored for future movies/shows etc. They may ultimately get to it in a more round-about way than what Zack Snyder had envisioned; I'm thinking through the Legion of Super-heroes and the Great Darkness Saga, but who knows.
Post 512 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

I have this coming in. Allen bellman sketch cover and signed by Stan Lee to boot. Very cool
Post 513 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
I couldn't pass up this 9.8 white pager
Post 514 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 515 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Darkseid_of_town I was disappointed in that outcome as well; however, I think it is inevitable that Barda and Scott Free will make it to the big screen eventually, as well as the other great characters of the series (Furies, Granny Goodness, etc.). Darkseid will make another appearance at some point along with the 4th world saga....too much material to be ignored for future movies/shows etc. They may ultimately get to it in a more round-about way than what Zack Snyder had envisioned; I'm thinking through the Legion of Super-heroes and the Great Darkness Saga, but who knows.
If only Dc demonstrated half the movie making and ability to cash on their properties that Marvel has demonstrated...IF
Post 516 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
If only Dc demonstrated half the movie making and ability to cash on their properties that Marvel has demonstrated...IF

I have to believe that someone at WB/DC has to see the cinematic potential of the New Gods. IMO, it's too rich in character and story to be ignored for too much longer. I was so disappointed when they announced they were shelving the movie. The upside is maybe the books value trajectory will be a little more palatable. If (when) this movie gets made...and made well...those books will go nuclear in value (imo).
Post 517 IP   flag post
Since new gods was shelved.
I'm back to buying Kirby 4th world books
Post 518 IP   flag post
I never stopped....so the bus just keeps rolling.
Post 519 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Since new gods was shelved.
I'm back to buying Kirby 4th world books

Same...I never really stopped but I've definitely ramped it up.
Post 520 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

Dude, you have issues, lots of issues. Very nice
Post 521 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Lol
Post 522 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve been slowly buying a collection from a guy who lives near me. It’s like 90% dreck, stuff that’s fun reading, or nifty novelty items. But no real value. I’ve enjoyed gifting pieces to friends that I don’t keep or flip.

I told the guy I didn’t want this item. In fact, I told him that repeatedly. But he’s moving out of state & didn’t want to haul it across the country.

How I wish it was the Animated series version.

I do dig these McDonald’s ‘Batman Forever’ promo glasses. I just need the Batman one to have a complete set. Perfect for my evening Scotch on the rocks. He threw these in for free.

Post 523 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked these up from the small comic shop that is turning into a funko store. Super Duper Cheap!

Post 524 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of beautiful books
Post 525 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
This Magazine is Haunted cover has chick done beautifully , Peacemaker 3 has chick done who cares. Got somewhat of a discount, $700.

Post 526 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
This Magazine is Haunted cover has chick done beautifully , Peacemaker 3 has chick done who cares. Got somewhat of a discount, $700.

[img]https:

At first glance I would have sworn this was a Jim Aparo cover.
Post 527 IP   flag post

Post 528 IP   flag post
@00slim lol I used to have the Two-Face mug

Honestly, I think a lot of hate Batman Forever gets is spilled over from Batman & Robin. It’s certainly not great but it’s a notch or two above Batman & Robin
Post 529 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Personally, I prefer ‘Batman Forever’ over ‘Batman Returns’. But I totally agree that it’s not great, though.
Post 530 IP   flag post
600829 999 30