Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
A few pickups from the LCS after vacation.

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Forgot about this one now that I have a 9.8 grade of both 87 & 98 thinking of putting my 9.6 set up for sale.

Post 27 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@Murmonster where did you find that, I've been in the hunt for a higher grade. I have 3 lower grade now

@Batman66 It just came on my radar today, but I'd have interest in something in a 3.0-5.0 if you eventually let one go.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia 3 is probably the highest grade I have now, lol. I screwed up, a guy on Facebook was selling a graded 6.0 for 500, I offered 400, he said he would come down to 450, I offered 425, then he changed his mind about selling it. I should of paid the 500 😭
Post 29 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim I heard about the rumor of blue beetle a couple of years ago, a bought a handful of cover A&B 9.8 candidates for a couple of bucks a piece. I kind of forgot about the rumor until recently. Now I'm glad I picked them up. Picked up a couple of copies of captain atom 83,84, blue beetle 1's as well. Posted recently an eBay auction I paid 60 for the lot

Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector HairlessWookiee private msg quote post Address this user
I've had some pretty big books come in recently (at least big books for me). The Uncanny X-Men 266 I submitted to CGC for the Claremont/Rubinstein signing. I never imagined it would come back with a 9.8.

Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@HairlessWookiee Great books!

You might want to crop the X-Men 94. That company’s slabs are banned from the forum (seriously).
Post 32 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I was able to complete this set recently. Wolverine 1 was one of my first purchases as a kid and the most money I spent on a comic until I became an adult.

Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@EbayMafia 3 is probably the highest grade I have now, lol. I screwed up, a guy on Facebook was selling a graded 6.0 for 500, I offered 400, he said he would come down to 450, I offered 425, then he changed his mind about selling it. I should of paid the 500 😭

@Batman66 Nowadays I feel like if anything is a reasonable price just buy it before it gets more expensive. Not just comics, but the world in general...nothing is going to get cheaper. Besides, don't you have a little dog that pops out Thousand Dollar bills every now and again? Got any update photos of the Frenchie Fries?
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I was able to complete this set recently. Wolverine 1 was one of my first purchases as a kid and the most money I spent on a comic until I became an adult.

Sweet. Making me nostalgic for the 80's. That foursome has a nice combination of art and colors when seen together.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Been on the hunt for a high grade copy of this book for a while now. Always loved the Crime Syndicate. First SA appearance of Starman is a bonus.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
So pleased with this I'm going to drop it in this thread too!!!

Did I go over what I wanted to pay = yes!
do I feel wronged by that =no!!!!

Lets say 25yrs ago when I was in my early 20's I found this antique place a few towns away that also had comics and magazines and they also had just the covers from comics for a few bucks - I have this comic but only the cover (a few others too that I need to dig out - maybe get the actual books!?)
Anyway..have wanted a copy for a long time, this is apparently rated a 7 on the scarcity index but now this beauty is mine!!

Heritage is calling this a 4 and I think that's fair (some staining on the back)
People can chase their ratio variants all day long...I will take this with only 17 on the CGC census...need to see if any on the CBCS..I know in the next few years this one will at least be on the CBCS list!!

Post 37 IP   flag post
@obrie2tm love love love that cover, what a beautiful book
Post 38 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics congrats mate.rare golden age is cool.

Picked up a fox giant off heritage a couple years ago, only one in cgc is 5.0 restored.

Sent my copy into cbcs

Came back 5.0 unrestored. So only one there.

So yeah send that rare book in to be graded by cbcs 👍
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Hey! I don't need more competition out there for my Jumbo Comics!

Great book! Jealous!
Post 40 IP   flag post
@Batman66 Thanks! High grade of this book just doesn't show up often. Been on the hunt for a few years now and jumped on this one as soon as I saw it.
Post 41 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I thought this was cute....
Post 42 IP   flag post
I have some serious Wood....might last longer than a few hours..do I need to call a doctor!!

My first(only) Wally Wood Sketch!!

Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I have some serious Wood....might last longer than a few hours..do I need to call a doctor!!

That wouldn't be my first choice.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

ahhhh!! girlfriend first, wife second?
Post 45 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

lol!!!!
Post 46 IP   flag post

Love the Rogues Gallery! Despite what many sites say, Flash 130 is not their first appearance as a team, this book is.
Post 47 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm - You are killing it with these high-grade, impossible to find, SA DC's! Congrats.
Post 48 IP   flag post
@esaravo Thanks Ed! I've gotten lucky spotting them at the right time and at very reasonable prices. All staying in my PC.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm If you happen to spot a Lois Lane 70 in those grades at a reasonable price, please please let me know!!!
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
@obrie2tm If you happen to spot a Lois Lane 70 in those grades at a reasonable price, please please let me know!!!

no don't!!! I'm looking for one too!!!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Finally bought some cheaper things, been awhile. The first one is a miniature someone created. What is cool about it is the comic inside is perfect, all the interior pages are exactly like the real comic, in miniature. Get the feeling CGC didn’t get a cut.

Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Odds and ends part 3. Bought these recently for cheap. A few are low grade readers, but all are interesting to me.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user

Ive been a bit busy, but managed to get what I think are great deals I couldn't pass up. Some are ebay cheap finds others I acquired through locals selling to my shop.

Not pictured are my pick-ups that came super quick and packaged are the WW 160 and Spiderwoman 1 from esevaro and doc_cop! THANK YOU!
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up recently. The raws will be going off to CBCS soon.

Post 55 IP   flag post
601512 999 30