Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 451 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just won this very clean ‘Creature’ 2nd print at auction.

Looks like I’ll be sending 3 copies in for grading instead of 2!

Post 452 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Been a pretty good few days here. Got in a bunch of modern variant covers I really like. Some of them have 2 or 3 variants (Like that Joker #3) and a couple of older issues I've been looking for:

That SiKtC is just the LCSD foil cover, just wanted a copy since I missed the boat originally. I might pony up for a "real" one at some point, but this works for now. I'm not really in to GA Superman, but something about that cover caught my eye, I like it. And I really like that Inhyuk Lee Miles #25 variant.

One of 2 variants for Batman #108

SHAZAM!:

I love this Ice Cream Man #24 variant. I might get it slabbed just because.

Grabbed this the other day cause I thought the art was cool. I honestly have no idea what it is.

One of, and my favorite, of the Joker #3 variants

Classic.

Post 453 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Had a pretty decent week! Grabbed the Powers definitive edition hardcover for next week's book club, Sandman #8 just before the Netflix announcements, Marvel Limited’s Hulk: Future Imperfect, and Graphitti Design’s Kingdom Clme Hardcover

Inspired by this month’s book club reading, I started picking up some Sandman books. I noticed some of the smaller keys disappearing or just going up in price. Unbeknownst to me, there was an announcement about the upcoming Netflix show so I had snuck my purchases in just before the rush.

This copy of Sandman #8 isn’t perfect. but it presents nicely aside from the damage to the top center and I’m happy with it for the price I paid.

I’d been looking for an inexpensive copy of the signed slipcased Graphitti Designs edition of Kingdom Come. It makes a nice companion to the signed Marvels hardcover also by Graphitti

Finally, The Hulk Future Imperfect by Marvel Limited. This is the last book I needed to complete my set of Marvel Limited hardcovers! It would’ve been nice if they were more uniform in presentation so they’d look better together on a shelf but each one is lovely on its own so I am not complaining

Post 454 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@Nuffsaid111 Awesome collection! If you had to pick a favorite, do you think you could?

Probably the Stan Lee gold. Limited to 500 and I just think it's so cool
Post 455 IP   flag post

You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
My foreign editions got some love today

Post 456 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 I forgot about that one. That is a cool piece.
Post 457 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I don't normally do statues ets. but Doom just seemed like he needed a home!

Post 458 IP   flag post
I also tend to stay away from virgins....but I made an exception

Post 459 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I love finding these silly Superman covers in HIGH GRADES!!

Post 460 IP   flag post
Just got these two today. Not items I’d normally buy, but I had a couple boxes of Trades for sale on OfferUp & a guy brought a box of slabs to our meet-up.

I took these, plus cash for the lot.

Hulk 377 (2nd print) 9.6

Year of the Villain: Hell Arisen #3 (3rd print) 9.8.

Post 461 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user

Post 462 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Eniac has been a good read, Tankers shows promise, but I wasnt into this Bad Idea book

Post 463 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
TEC 359 - direct purchase from @DarthLego

Post 464 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 465 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in today:

File Copy of Casper #87 in a 9.8. It's already back on its way to CGC for a reholder because the inner well was moving around. I'm worried it may have done some other damage, upper left corner looks like it "might" have an issue, but it could also be one of those manufacturer's defects they ignore, not sure.

Another of the Batman 108 variants. This one is pretty sweet, the other one has the background in green and you can see how pissed off Punchline actually is.

Death Metal #4 Ryan Brown Variant:

A couple of Thor's I finally got back from CGC, headed straight to MCS unless someone here wants them badly enough to make an offer before MCS approves the consignment :

Post 466 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 467 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
[/img]

Some nice books there Bronte...first Black queen, Selene Magma and the first supergirl/Zatanna team up as well
Post 468 IP   flag post

Post 469 IP   flag post
I do NOT normally buy NEW comics, but, the above 5 are more like trades than actual single issues, so I decided to buy. Soooooo many variant covers, what to choose???? Well, I chose the above 5 & I think I chose wisely!
Post 470 IP   flag post
will have to show better pics when they get here
just picked up a whack of Star Wars

69,70, 72-79, 85-94 - I think I only have 2 or 3 duplicates in this bunch

so...20 books for $195 then add auction fee and shipping - still not bad at probably less than $15 per book

leaves 27 books above issue 50 to complete the run!!

Post 471 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
@brysb I also decided on the Wrightson cover when I had to make the same decision.

@KatKomics I remember buying almost every one of those off the rack when I was a kid. Hauled them around every trip we would make and read the crap out of them.
Post 472 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quite the eclectic bunch. Jupiter's Legacy was received in a trade for a copy of Red Room red cover. The Punisher #1 came from @Doc_Cop as well as two copies of Red room red cover one of which I traded for the purple cover... Thanks @Doc_Cop!!!! the drawing TMNT and Sanctum Santorum Red Room came from my local CodyCon on Facebook live.
Post 473 IP   flag post

Post 474 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

local pickup today
Post 475 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up yesterday.....

Post 476 IP   flag post
@Batman66 That Iron Man 1 looks sexy.
Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@xvipah which Batman 108 variant is this?
Post 478 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
When @batman66 posts pickups, I just drop the mic and go humbly back into my corner and plead no contest.
Post 479 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got these through the week but didn’t have time to post them

Got these at Walmart the Marvel were in 3 packs and the DC’s where in 4 packs.

Post 480 IP   flag post
600777 999 30