Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Thirdly, I've been buying a fellow board members collection, he shipped 6 short boxes full of goodies. @crog009, Paul.I know lots of you purchased from him as well. I haven't asked if he is still involved on the board here but I'll check. He sent X-men run 145-514 and all sorts of other X-men related books. New mutants 1 on up alpha flight 1 on up, X factor 1 on up. Sets of secret wars one and two all signed by shooter, marvel fanfare 1-3 all signed, daredevil runs, man just too much to list. Just showing the slabs I received. Some of these I would be interested trading for other books. I'll put a thread together if anyone is interested

Post 426 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I already had the blue ashcan and picked up the red ashcan tonight.

Post 427 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Just bought this book at golden age collectibles.

I dislike this cover severely
Every time I see it for $30 I buy it

It's like a traffic accident you drive by but can't help to look as you do.

It's my only strange quirk as a collector

This makes copy 3

I only buy this hideous cover in the shops I visit

Never look for this thing online
Post 428 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross that really is a hideous cover. Wow.
Post 429 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
@southerncross that really is a hideous cover. Wow.

And I manage to find one once a year and buy it .

It's so hideous, yet I can't take my eyes off it.

It's weird
Post 430 IP   flag post

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

This makes copy 3

Green Arrow's good, he's clearly shooting the arrow from behind his back.
Post 431 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:

This makes copy 3

And the manhunter's been drawn by a elementary art student
Post 432 IP   flag post
It's like wannabe fan art, the whole composition is completely wrong and out of whack.

It's Hideous
Post 433 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This makes copy 3

And the manhunter's been drawn by a elementary art student

Just got home and told my wife about this problem I have with this book.
She laughed.

First thing she said that cover looks awful.

Second thing she said was green arrow looks like a girl with breasts

I wish she didn't say that because now I see it too.
Post 434 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
It's taken me over 2 years to find a high grade of this issue. Apparently only sold through Whitman 3-packs I have searched and searched to no avail; not even had an opportunity to lose an auction to someone else.
If the Russos come through this will be a tuffy to get in high im going to say

Post 435 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
So, I was talking to Steve Ricketts this last weekend and he asked me if I had seen, in person, one of the new CBCS cases. I told him that I had not. He replied that he would remedy that situation with a care package.

I got it today. It is a Eleanor and the Egret #1 CBCS Sam Kieth variant. I'm fairly certain that it is the first CBCS variant cover. If I recall correctly, it was for sale at the CBCS booth at the 2017 C2E2 con. I'm also pretty certain that Sam Kieth did a signing of this book at the CBCS booth during C2E2. I'm willing to admit that my memory may be off and none of this may be true!!! Regardless, I think it is very cool!!

The case is incredible to see and hold!! The clarity and sturdiness of it is impressive!! I'm sure most people here have probably held one, if not possess one. If not, what are you waiting for?

I love the fact that ever since CBCS started and I jumped on the band wagon, I've NEVER had to worry about defending Newton rings or puddling!!! I'm confident that I won't have to start now!!!

BTW, interesting tidbit. If you have a new CGC case and a new CBCS case, look at the bottom rear cover edge of both. You'll clearly see the edge in your CBCS case. In the CGC case? Good luck!

Ps - I tried for about a half hour to get a glare free picture and failed tremendously!!!
Post 436 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this X-Men 10 from boardie @xkonk. Great guy to do business with and super easy transaction.

Post 437 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
While not here yet due to my having just now settled up, thought I would share my incoming statues from the Haljordan acquisition recently. Anyone who knows me well, knows i had to go for the queen first...the white queen images courtesy of Haljordan
Also had to have the "witch" cause it was the classic version of Wanda...now to figure out a "grimlock" proof area to display the loveleys!

Post 438 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I had noticed the statue seems inpsired by the book, giving me a ready made backdrop when I display this one....

Post 439 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

I just received this awesome Punisher commission from Eddie Rodriguez. I also received another amazing piece but it is for one of my sons and I want to surprise him. He is a member here too and I did not want him to see it. I will post the other one after his birthday at the end of August.
Eddie packaged them extremely well and he nailed what I requested.
Thank Eddie!
Post 440 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

received my captain America badge from the 40's today. Only seen pictures, never seen one personally but very happy to have this little guy. Compliments my cap 1 page nicely

Post 441 IP   flag post
Got this from my wife for our 36th wedding Anniversary. Spider-man 104!
Neat!
Post 442 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Neat!
Full disclaimer on this one; She wants you bro!!!!! Do it to it!!!!!!
Post 443 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Neat!

Maybe you didn’t notice I said 36 years! 😂
Post 444 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Neat!

Give her a foot massage and a squeeze on the shoulders and call it a night. Happy Anniversary!
Post 445 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Neat!

Give her a foot massage and a squeeze on the shoulders and call it a night. Happy Anniversary!

Thanks!
Post 446 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
And the second half of my purchase from @Haljordanfan’s statue haul came in this week.

Finally got to open it this morning. Super cool!

Post 447 IP   flag post
Those Bowen line statues and busts were just the best. I loved them so much
Post 448 IP   flag post

About 100 of them
Post 449 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 Awesome collection! If you had to pick a favorite, do you think you could?
Post 450 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 451 IP   flag post
Just won this very clean ‘Creature’ 2nd print at auction.

Looks like I’ll be sending 3 copies in for grading instead of 2!

Post 452 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Been a pretty good few days here. Got in a bunch of modern variant covers I really like. Some of them have 2 or 3 variants (Like that Joker #3) and a couple of older issues I've been looking for:

That SiKtC is just the LCSD foil cover, just wanted a copy since I missed the boat originally. I might pony up for a "real" one at some point, but this works for now. I'm not really in to GA Superman, but something about that cover caught my eye, I like it. And I really like that Inhyuk Lee Miles #25 variant.

One of 2 variants for Batman #108

SHAZAM!:

I love this Ice Cream Man #24 variant. I might get it slabbed just because.

Grabbed this the other day cause I thought the art was cool. I honestly have no idea what it is.

One of, and my favorite, of the Joker #3 variants

Classic.

Post 453 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Had a pretty decent week! Grabbed the Powers definitive edition hardcover for next week's book club, Sandman #8 just before the Netflix announcements, Marvel Limited’s Hulk: Future Imperfect, and Graphitti Design’s Kingdom Clme Hardcover

Inspired by this month’s book club reading, I started picking up some Sandman books. I noticed some of the smaller keys disappearing or just going up in price. Unbeknownst to me, there was an announcement about the upcoming Netflix show so I had snuck my purchases in just before the rush.

This copy of Sandman #8 isn’t perfect. but it presents nicely aside from the damage to the top center and I’m happy with it for the price I paid.

I’d been looking for an inexpensive copy of the signed slipcased Graphitti Designs edition of Kingdom Come. It makes a nice companion to the signed Marvels hardcover also by Graphitti

Finally, The Hulk Future Imperfect by Marvel Limited. This is the last book I needed to complete my set of Marvel Limited hardcovers! It would’ve been nice if they were more uniform in presentation so they’d look better together on a shelf but each one is lovely on its own so I am not complaining

Post 454 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@Nuffsaid111 Awesome collection! If you had to pick a favorite, do you think you could?

Probably the Stan Lee gold. Limited to 500 and I just think it's so cool
Post 455 IP   flag post
601333 999 30