Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
This one is from my buddy, Andy, over at Golden Age Collectibles in Massachusetts. He's on the web. Check him out. He also runs www.myslabbedcomics.com.

I've been eye-balling this book on his website for sometime. Glad it went to a fellow forum member.
Post 401 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I've known Andy for years and years. Wow, I never really thought about it, but he's old.

👴
Post 402 IP   flag post
I wish their had been a Land of the Lost or a Twin Peaks comic book. I'm also looking for a 9.4 Six Million Dollar Man #1.
Post 403 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Visited my lcs.
Stayed away from wall books.

Did drek hunting thru the boxes instead 👍

Post 404 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross That's some damn fine dreck you got there! Damn fine!
Post 405 IP   flag post

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley my thoughts exactly.

Couple more picture frames.
A couple of pence copies where my lcs gives discounts as they are not U.S copies

And a couple of 25th anniversary
Post 406 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user

Just received today.
Post 407 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross love those 25th anniversary covers - only 2 left for the set myself....maybe this year??
Post 408 IP   flag post
@KatKomics were star comics and epic comics part of the anniversary covers?
Post 409 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@KatKomics were star comics and epic comics part of the anniversary covers?

star = yes
epic = no!!

I need Muppet Babies #10 and Care Bears #7!!

in no hurry....might wait for an in person convention net year

this be all of them!!

Alpha Flight (1983) #40
The Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #282
The Avengers (1963) #273
Captain America (1968) #323
Care Bears (1985) #7
Classic X-Men (1986) #3
Cloak and Dagger (1985) #9
Conan the Barbarian (1970) #188
Conan the King (1984) #37
Daredevil (1964) #236
Ewoks (1985) #10
Fantastic Four (1961) #296
G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (1982) #53
Heathcliff (1985) #12
The Incredible Hulk (1968) #325
Iron Man (1968) #212
Marvel Age (1983) #44
Marvel Tales (1964) #193
Masters of the Universe (1986) #4
Muppet Babies (1985) #10
The New Mutants (1983) #45
Peter Porker, The Spectacular Spider-Ham (1985) #12
Thor (1966) #373
The Transformers (1984) #22
Uncanny X-Men (1963) #211
Web of Spider-Man (1985) #20
West Coast Avengers (1985) #14
X-Factor (1986) #10
The Spectacular Spider-Man (1976) #120
Post 410 IP   flag post
@KatKomics I just started and only have 10 so 19 to go. Thanks for the info 👍
Post 411 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
My son came to visit, often brings me books I will find odd or funny or strange or cool.

Got some reading to do.
Post 412 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Simon Bisley is an absolute riot if you've ever met him & had an opportunity to speak with him; love the guy.
But I love his artwork even more! Just arrived today.

Post 413 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Today’s mail call. Paid a bit, uh, wee bit, more than currently displayed GoCollect FMV.

With low grade copies, even some that may have spent time underwater with Subby, going for $115-160, and a raw 4.0ish selling for $344 this seemed like a safer bet.

Post 414 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
I've never bought a mystery box before. I've been looking into them and some of them seem like you come out pretty good on it. I ran across one that I thought I would take a chance at. Every box was going to have ten raw books and one graded with the majority being signed. There really wasn't anything on the list I was going to be upset at getting. Finally came in last night.

Few graphic novels as a bonus:

The raw books:

And the grand prize:

Overall, I thought I did pretty good and I would probably do that again.
Post 415 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
This just in from @Haljordanfan‘s recent statue haul.

Lizard is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Post 416 IP   flag post
Not bad, indeed.
Post 417 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Not new to my collection but recently slabbed got this years ago in a straight up trade for a Unity #0 Red.

Post 418 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster
I've never bought a mystery box before. I've been looking into them and some of them seem like you come out pretty good on it. I ran across one that I thought I would take a chance at. Every box was going to have ten raw books and one graded with the majority being signed. There really wasn't anything on the list I was going to be upset at getting. Finally came in last night.

Few graphic novels as a bonus:

The raw books:

And the grand prize:

Overall, I thought I did pretty good and I would probably do that again.

@Puckster Did you get the Super Boxed Heroes Mystery Box?

Cause that graded comic is the same one I got.

I like your three TP better than the ones I got
Post 419 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
@zdoes10 That's what it was. Of course I was hoping for the AF 15 like everyone else. I would have really liked to have gotten one of the signed Spawn #1. Like I said, though. I'm happy with what I got.
Post 420 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster
@zdoes10 That's what it was. Of course I was hoping for the AF 15 like everyone else. I would have really liked to have gotten one of the signed Spawn #1. Like I said, though. I'm happy with what I got.

Yes, I fell that I got my money worth.
Post 421 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Just got back from pressing.....

Post 422 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 423 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

have a few to share, first this is a yard sale find. Didn't know until I got them home, I was flipping through them and found a star stamp on one of the covers so I shot through them and almost all of them are mark jewelers,including the sw8 a good deal just got better
Post 424 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

secondly, went to San Fernando comic con today and adopted some more children. The fantastic four 10 competed my fantastic four 1-10. Almost had 2 more fillers to complete my run but they sold in between running from dealer to dealer
Post 425 IP   flag post
Thirdly, I've been buying a fellow board members collection, he shipped 6 short boxes full of goodies. @crog009, Paul.I know lots of you purchased from him as well. I haven't asked if he is still involved on the board here but I'll check. He sent X-men run 145-514 and all sorts of other X-men related books. New mutants 1 on up alpha flight 1 on up, X factor 1 on up. Sets of secret wars one and two all signed by shooter, marvel fanfare 1-3 all signed, daredevil runs, man just too much to list. Just showing the slabs I received. Some of these I would be interested trading for other books. I'll put a thread together if anyone is interested

Post 426 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I already had the blue ashcan and picked up the red ashcan tonight.

Post 427 IP   flag post

Just bought this book at golden age collectibles.

I dislike this cover severely
Every time I see it for $30 I buy it

It's like a traffic accident you drive by but can't help to look as you do.

It's my only strange quirk as a collector

This makes copy 3

I only buy this hideous cover in the shops I visit

Never look for this thing online
Post 428 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross that really is a hideous cover. Wow.
Post 429 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
@southerncross that really is a hideous cover. Wow.

And I manage to find one once a year and buy it .

It's so hideous, yet I can't take my eyes off it.

It's weird
Post 430 IP   flag post
601289 999 30