CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

New To Your Collection #1114267

We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos, I feel like being rude and to try to buy a book from you!!!!! Nice haul!
Post 251 • IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Pretty much everything will be getting graded.

Many of them will get signatures first.

They will all be for sale afterwards.
Post 252 • IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone familiar with that Black widow book pictured? 4th row down 2nd from left
Post 253 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Anyone familiar with that Black widow book pictured? 4th row down 2nd from left


The MAX Pale Little Spider #1?
Post 254 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@HeinzDad Pretty much everything will be getting graded.

Many of them will get signatures first.

They will all be for sale afterwards.
I figured, that’s why I knew it was far fetched. If anyone signs the Swamp Thing #1 lemme know!
Post 255 • IP   flag post


I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Anyone familiar with that Black widow book pictured? 4th row down 2nd from left
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Anyone familiar with that Black widow book pictured? 4th row down 2nd from left


The MAX Pale Little Spider #1?


That mini series, along with the first two 90’s series are included in the Black Widow Marvel Knights Collection trade:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302914006/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_7391KEXPNX48X9XTM4DZ" target="_blank">clickable text
Post 256 • IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Anyone familiar with that Black widow book pictured? 4th row down 2nd from left


The MAX Pale Little Spider #1?
That would be it, yes thanks. I had never seen the book, now I have another set to chase!
Post 257 • IP   flag post
past performance is no guarantee of future actions. KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
win for tonight!

Post 258 • IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@HeinzDad Pretty much everything will be getting graded.

Many of them will get signatures first.

They will all be for sale afterwards.
I figured, that’s why I knew it was far fetched. If anyone signs the Swamp Thing #1 lemme know!


I wish.

The books is getting submitted to CBCS in June as part of a large group.

I had Berni Wrightson sign a few books in Baltimore about a year before he died.

Never got to meet Len Wein but managed to give books to a facilitator to get some signatures from him in San Diego a few months before we lost him as well.
Post 259 • IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
I went a little crazy this weekend, but got a pretty good deal at auction.
Post 260 • IP   flag post
Can the moderators change my profile caption to <snip> ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user



Finally got this a little while back. 👍👌
Post 261 • IP   flag post
Hold your tongue and say, "I live on a pirate ship." Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 262 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Technically just got back from grading but have been in my possession since 1992.

5qty Spider-man 2099 #1

More to come


Post 263 • IP   flag post
Can the moderators change my profile caption to <snip> ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
holy wow!!!!
Post 264 • IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Batman 251 facsimile, signed by Neal Adams:



True Believers: Conan #1, also signed by Adams:

Post 265 • IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@xvipah

I got my facsimile signed by him, too!!

I wondered what he thought of that one...
Post 266 • IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@MatterEaterLad

I’m jealous. My holiest of grails there!
Post 267 • IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie I do love that batman 151 cover. He's got a thing for signing facsimile's I think. That's the second one I have from him, I have a GL #85 fac signed by him also.
Post 268 • IP   flag post
I'm sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user


Newsstand and direct foreign editions
Post 269 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user





Post 270 • IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't been buying many comics anymore but I did just get this back from the other guys. Bought this raw from a LCS (back when I still went). I really enjoy Saga and had to have a #1.

Post 271 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte





aaaaahhhhh, aaaaaaahhhhhh, baaggggaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!
Post 272 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
There are 2 books that I can be targeted on any day of the week. TTA #91 and Incredible Hulk #197. Aside from Ebay im always on the lookout locally and from friends. @MutantMania posted this fine specimen on the Raw Graded book thread. I trolled him. Story over.
Also, the Hulk #197 I own was gifted to me by a forum member. @xjagnew and I were slinging Wrightson pieces back and forth, it was fun.
Post 273 • IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
There are 2 books that I can be targeted on any day of the week. TTA #91 and Incredible Hulk #197. Aside from Ebay im always on the lookout locally and from friends. @MutantMania posted this fine specimen on the Raw Graded book thread. I trolled him. Story over.
Also, the Hulk #197 I own was gifted to me by a forum member. @xjagnew and I were slinging Wrightson pieces back and forth, it was fun.
Love that cover on the Tales to Astonish, curious what draws you in about the book yourself?
Post 274 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Exactly that... The cover.

Edit: the green on this one is so much deeper than the other one I have.

Second edit: I guess its second appearance of Abomination and first cover appearance. Possibly the last Hulk related book before 102. That never really pertained to me though.
Post 275 • IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad I'm glad that you are happy with the book and it went to a good home
I'll keep an eye out for a Hulk 197 as I'm going though my books.
Post 276 • IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user





Post 277 • IP   flag post
past performance is no guarantee of future actions. KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
a Greg Hildebrandt prelim sketch...in the mail!!

might have to save my pennies (will be a chore since we don't have them in Canada!) and get this light boxed and inked?



Post 278 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers - Awesome pick-ups, Greg! I used to own a beautiful copy of Jumbo #135, but I have no idea what I did with it.
Post 279 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Some dreck over the last couple weeks





Post 280 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30