Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Below is from another thread that i wanted to stop hijacking. Can you guess the comic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
I have a submission of 25 comics at CBCS with a comic that will complete my pre2k modern run of 17 comics including variants.

It is not Marvel and it is not DC.
HHHHHMMMMMMMMmmm.... Valiant??
@HeinzDad - You are very warm.

@Scifinator = The Riddler
So now that I am back, i can torture ya’ll a little more. My submission of this comic will mark the first entry into the CBCS Population Report.

I'm going with Darkhawk 14...Direct variant?
- can’t be Darkhawk if it is not Marvel or DC
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Malibu???

Can we have a teaser pic?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
This sounds impossible, can we at least have the publisher? Actually that's also worthless in itself. How about a year, publisher, and issue #? Nevermind...I didn't notice the clue of the 17 comic run, that might help.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Well, Valiant was a very warm guess but not completely hot.

Not Malibu,
not Marvel,
Not DC,
Modern before Y2k,
17 different comics including this variant that is in CBCS hands for the first time,
This variant cover is not embossed nor chromium.

I will post more clues after 6am pacific
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Is it Miracleman?

One of the UK series?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Jabberwookie Happy Birthday but no present here - not Miracleman

Clues - this Herald of the end is written by VanHook but since it is not Marvel, it’s not Silver Surfer.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Bloodshot?
Post 7 IP   flag post
@esaravo - room temperature

Next clue - There is a swindle involved here as Wiacek and Guichet applied their craft.
Post 8 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Deathmate
Post 9 IP   flag post
@GAC is Hot.

Here is my lunch time clue to snack on:

Picture this, if you will, a courageous collaboration that would sneak into a county in California and Florida.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Something something Orange, I would guess.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@CatCovers is Hot....ummm, the guess is Hot that is.

Here is the Scifinator key

@HeinzDad was on the right track as he probably remembers my Valiant Tsunami submission and that I am a big fan of their pre 2k works.

"mark the first entry into the CBCS Population Report" Obviously I am the first person crazy enough to send in to CBCS for grading - NOTE/Clue - this was sent in before a cgc 9.8 version was listed and recently sold for over $2,200

Herald the end = Harbinger of death (title of this issue)

Swindle = Grifter (character appearance)

Wiacek & Guichet applied their craft = Art & Cover artists

Picture & courageous collaboration = Image & Valiant publisher crossover

Sneak = Preview

County in CA & FL = Orange.

Lastly, what is missing from this photo below:

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Going out on a limb here. Is it Deathmate Orange?
Post 13 IP   flag post
598011 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?