Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Warner Brothers No Longer Developing Aquaman Spin-Off OR ‘New Gods’14260

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t think very many of us were psyched for ‘The Trench’ spin-off from ‘Aquaman’, but canceling ’New Gods’ is a bit of a surprise.

Here’s the full article from Deadline:

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
lol!!
New Gods stopped because it exceeded a stand alone feature!! i.e. We don't want to try universe building or at least the 4th World Universe because....well....because we aren't good at it...and have no over arching long term goals in mind

New Gods was one of the only DC films I was looking forward to.....a pox on their house!!!

Maybe Blue Beetle or Shazam...but I think they will F up Blue Beetle and they have taken too long for the Shazam 2 for me to really care..might boycott just because I'm starting to get old and grumpy and don't like most of their product
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah. They’re constantly changing course.

I think a full reboot of the DCEU is just about the only option.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like a real mess over there.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
The Batman (March 4, 2022) and Black Adam (July 29, 2022), the future of the Justice League and the entire DC Multiverse will unfold in The Flash on November 4, 2022, which will usher in a new wave of interconnected DC stories throughout 2022 and 2023 with Aquaman 2, Shazam! Fury of the Gods (June 2, 2023), Blue Beetle, Supergirl, Green Lantern Corps and Static Shock. Additionally, development is underway on previously announced titles Superman, Zatanna and Wonder Woman 3.

I would be very skeptical about Blue Beetle, Static Shock, Supergirl, Zatanna and Green Lantern Corps. I bet they will scale down to their core characters and previous successes...Flash, Aquaman, Shazam, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. Seems like enough to bite off for the time being anyway.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
This is disappointing.

I hope DC gets its act together and offers some competition and soon.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
These Muppets have access to some of the most creative minds in the business and absolutely no one who knows their ass from a hole in the ground to steer the ship... What a shame.
Post 7 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Terry88 so true! The New Gods has so much cinematic potential. The visuals and story scope is so grand. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise in that the New Gods story could easily be a trilogy akin to Lord of the Rings. If the original intention was a single film, maybe it's best they shelve it for now and return to it when they can appreciate it for what it is.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC you might be on to something.

An HBO Game of Thrones type treatment for New Gods could be the way to go.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Trilogy. Hell I’m hoping for just a steady flow of movies that aren’t FUBAR
Post 10 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
@GAC you might be on to something.

An HBO Game of Thrones type treatment for New Gods could be the way to go.

Agreed! If the budget is there, I'm in for that!!

Happy Birthday!!!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
As long as DC is associated with Warner Bros we will all be in for let downs. It’s like Sam rami directing Spider-Man 2 not understanding Venom, totally butchering it, and being allowed to make a3rd, but on a larger scale. The only DC movies I can enjoy are the Dark knight trilogy and Wonder Woman was pretty decent.

My 2 cents.
Post 12 IP   flag post
597876 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?