Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

For Sale - Some Slabs and Raw Books From My Collection14258

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Do you have an astonishing tales 25
Post 51 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 - Unfortunately, no. But I have two #31's somewhere.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo @HeinzDad @DWeeB1967 @Noblebeast315 @southerncross @00slim @Batman66 - I think we have confirmed we want Ed’s collection! Sell Ed, sell! Sell Ed, sell! Sell Ed, sell!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Remember Ed, every five books you sell you can add one to your collection πŸ‘
Post 54 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross - wait, he told me it was ten to one. LOL
Post 55 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross, @Scifinator is correct. That's why I need to sell a LOT of raws (lol)! Off to my FB Draft - been in this league for 30+ years. Wish me luck.
Post 56 IP   flag post
@esaravo - rots a ruck! Scooby-Dooby-doo
Post 57 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I would like to post some ungraded comics too. I have around a dozen long boxes and at least twice as many short boxes full of them. But I don't want to pull out books, scan them, and post them if no one wants them. So what would YOU want to buy in ungraded comics?
Thanks,
Ed

Good luck with the draft, Ed. I'd be interested in the following in VF or better except where noted;

DC Special #4
Doorway to Nightmare #1 (9.4 or better)
Demon #1
House of Mystery #156 to #173, I believe (the Dial H for Hero issues)
House of Secrets #81
Showcase #60-80 [I'm assuming you don't have a raw #22 πŸ˜„)
Swamp Thing #20-#50 (80s series, 9.4 or better)
Spectre #1-10 (60s series 9.0 or better)
Rust #12 (Now Comics 1st series - 9.4 or better)
Green Lantern #6, 11, 59, 87 (60s series)
Adventure Comics #256 (5.0 or better)

Do you have any Dell or Gold Key?
Post 58 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
man... it must have been a 14 team 26 round draft.
Post 59 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad - Ed is probably out doing another good deed or something meaningful. You know how he is.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@HeinzDad - Ed is probably out doing another good deed or something meaningful. You know how he is.
I imagine him spending all day scanning images to sell to his collection seekers!
Post 61 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
I imagine him spending all day scanning images to sell to his collection seekers!

Standing over that scanner for hours taking books in and out of bags. Dripping sweat on them...
Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:

Standing over that scanner for hours taking books in and out of bags. Dripping sweat on them...
my mind hadn't delved that far
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
By chance do you have any of the following for sale?

House of Secrets 61
Showcase 22
Green Lantern 7

Thanks,
Nick
Post 64 IP   flag post
Jeez Ed, I checked my mailbox today and I got this ATM card in the mail with silly amounts of money on it! Quit drafting fantasy baseball and pull out the big guns!
Post 65 IP   flag post
Quote:
Zatanna Special #1 (1987) - Gray Morrow cover and art, CBCS 9.6 with OW/W pages.
Who doesn't love Zatanna?! Make this book a part of your collection for $60.

did you buy this raw?
Post 66 IP   flag post
@esaravo - jumping on the wagon, sure could use a minty copy of...

Green Lantern 141
&
Green Lantern 142
Post 67 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad - Yes, I bought the Zatanna Special new off the shelf.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Thanks for the requests, I will try to get to them over the next few days. Some I might be able to help out, others not so much (sorry @Haljordanfan).

The draft was exhausting - 12 guys and the teams are huge (5 OF's, 2 players at every other position, 8 pitchers, and a 12-man bench). We started with a meeting at 1 PM and tried to start the draft at 2 PM. We took a short break to eat - outside in a cold parking lot, and kept going until 10:30 PM (then had to drive home last night, about 60 miles). We still have 6 rounds of bench players to go and will try to do that sometime today. This league has been going over 30+ years and I am the only original owner still in it. We ended up not doing it last year - you know why, so we were a little rusty at the draft and honestly most of us didn't watch a lot of ball last year.

And my team name all these years - The Gotham City Crusaders.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector Mmanick private msg quote post Address this user
Cool thread I'll be checking it out
Post 70 IP   flag post
I was going to guess your team was the Quahog Clams!
Post 71 IP   flag post
UPDATE: Three packages containing a total of four books were mailed out today, thank you for your purchases. I will try to post some more stuff this week, including getting back to everybody that asked about specific raw books.
Post 72 IP   flag post
NOTE: The Zatanna Special #1 is no longer available. But several books are still available.
Post 73 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
NOTE: The Zatanna Special #1 is no longer available. But several books are still available.
darkseid of town?
Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 I seriously considered this book, but assumed he’d want it. πŸ˜†
Post 75 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I actually didnt do it this time, only cause ive other bills to pay and already have one equally graded copy ......had to be someone else

It is a great book, and the story was originally intended to be a four part mini that was edited down to a single comic
Post 76 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town let me know if your still interested in selling one of your X-men 50's
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Was actually waiting to see the price offer, its an x men 50 signed by steranko as you remember having had him sign it for me! Grade is 7 and its a cgc slab...
Post 78 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town ahh I didn't get that. I'll pm you
Post 79 IP   flag post
Got my books from @esaravo today. All good as expected. The House of Mystery 174 keeps drawing me back to look at it. Something about that (Magenta?) color.

Quote:
House of Mystery #174 (1968) - First Mystery/Horror format in the series, CBCS 4.5 with OW pages.
A 5.0 sold on eBay for $125 on 3/5/21, so it's yours for $100. SOLD

Post 80 IP   flag post
619266 104 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?