Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

For Sale - Some Slabs and Raw Books From My Collection14258

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to everyone for wishing a happy birthday to this old April Fool. With everyone saying such nice things about me, I figured I would take advantage of the moment and post a few slabs and maybe some raw comics over the next several days (or weeks). The majority of these comics were either purchased new by me back in the day, or have been in my personal collection for 30+ years. Yes, you too can own a piece of comic book history, something from the (unofficial) Ed Saravo collection! (lol)

If you don't know me, I am a collector and not a dealer. I do not sell on eBay or at conventions. I have sold and traded with dozens of wonderful people on these forums over the last five-plus years. Don't worry, I am still collecting, but I am trying to focus on just a few specific titles now, like X-Men (always upgrading), ASM, SA Adventure Comics, and several other shiny/pretty things that catch my attention (and too numerous to list, unfortunately). If you see something you want and think we could work out a trade, please send me a PM.

I accept payment by PayPal in accordance with the selling guidelines established by CBCS. Any ungraded comics that you receive that do not match the pictures or descriptions provided for that item(s) may be returned for a refund within 7 days (return shipping at your cost). There are no returns on graded/slabbed comics. I usually ship by USPS Priority Mail, but can also ship FedEx. The prices quoted DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING. There will be an $8 shipping charge for 1-10 raw comics (fewer for annuals, king size, and/or giant issues) for addresses within the US, and a $15 shipping charge for a slab shipped within the US. If you purchase multiple slabs or more than 10 raw comics (or some combination), I will calculate a combined shipping cost. If you are in Canada or overseas, I will have to calculate the costs to ship to those locations and then inform you of the charges.

First person to post some form of "I'll take it" owns it. Any and all additional information should be sent through PMs.

Thanks for looking,

Ed
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Since it's late, I am only going to post a few books tonight. I will try to post some more tomorrow.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Hope my internet connection is fast enough to keep me ahead of the pack. Finger on the "take it" button...
Post 3 IP   flag post
House of Mystery #174 (1968) - First Mystery/Horror format in the series, CBCS 4.5 with OW pages.
A 5.0 sold on eBay for $125 on 3/5/21, so it's yours for $100. SOLD

Post 4 IP   flag post
take it
Post 5 IP   flag post
Wonder Woman #160 (1966) - Silver Age Cheetah cover and appearance, CBCS 4.0 with OW/W pages.
A 4.0 sold on MCS for $161 six months ago, you can own this one for $140. SOLD

Post 6 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo do you have a X-men 50 by chance
Post 7 IP   flag post
Punisher #1 (1987) - First unlimited Punisher series, CBCS 9.6 with OW/W pages.
The last 9.6 sold on eBay for $105 on 3/21/21, but you can own this original owner book from my collection for $90.

Post 8 IP   flag post
X-Men #107 (1977) - First full appearance of the Starjammers, CBCS 7.5 with WHITE pages.
All X-books are hot right now, and the last two 7.5's sold on eBay for $135 and $155 - this one can be yours for $130. SOLD

Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@esaravo do you have a X-men 50 by chance

Yes, but unfortunately, no spare copy for that issue.
Post 10 IP   flag post
take it x-men 107
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
take it
- It is yours, thank you.

House of Mystery #174 (1968) is no longer available.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Did I get the HOM 174?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Did I get the HOM 174?

Yes, and the X-Men #107 (1977) too! Thank you again.
Post 14 IP   flag post
The X-Men #107 (1977) is also no longer available.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Last one tonight.

X-Men #4 (1992) - First full appearance of Omega Red, CBCS 9.8 with WHITE pages.
Another super-hot X-book. The price keeps going up and the last 9.8 sold on eBay for $370 on 3/30/21 - this gorgeous original owner book (in the brand new CBCS slab) can be part of your collection for $350.

Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Following.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector jayscomics private msg quote post Address this user
Following
Post 18 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
take it
if I could vote this down I would...
Post 19 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Following
Post 20 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
follow?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
Following...
Post 22 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
Following
Post 23 IP   flag post
Conan #37 (1974) - Gorgeous Neal Adams cover and interior art, CGC 9.2 with WHITE pages.
Full disclosure - I did not buy this new off the rack, it was already slabbed (I have 2 other raw copies, and one is signed by Mr. Adams) - so this one can be part of your collection for only $60.

Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
follow
Post 25 IP   flag post
Batman #1 (2011) - Batman's second series starts off with an awesome Greg Capullo cover and art, CGC 9.6 with WHITE pages.
Full disclosure Part 2 - This one was also already slabbed when I purchased it. It can be yours for $65.

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Wonder Woman #160 ([/quotetake it
Post 27 IP   flag post
@starlord - Thank you!

Wonder Woman #160 is no longer available.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
🤨. Following...
Post 29 IP   flag post
Next, I am going to put up for sale the strangest comic book that I own. It might truly be one of a kind (I have never seen another with the exact same error). I have no idea what it is worth, so I am just taking a wild guess. There is something with a similar manufacturing error on eBay, but they want an outrageous amount for their "Mega Rare Comic." I have provided a link to that listing below. (Wow, 611 watchers!)

clickable text
Post 30 IP   flag post
601345 104 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?