Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

For Sale - Some Slabs and Raw Books From My Collection14258

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I actually didnt do it this time, only cause ive other bills to pay and already have one equally graded copy ......had to be someone else

It is a great book, and the story was originally intended to be a four part mini that was edited down to a single comic
Post 76 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town let me know if your still interested in selling one of your X-men 50's
Post 77 IP   flag post
Was actually waiting to see the price offer, its an x men 50 signed by steranko as you remember having had him sign it for me! Grade is 7 and its a cgc slab...
Post 78 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town ahh I didn't get that. I'll pm you
Post 79 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Got my books from @esaravo today. All good as expected. The House of Mystery 174 keeps drawing me back to look at it. Something about that (Magenta?) color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
House of Mystery #174 (1968) - First Mystery/Horror format in the series, CBCS 4.5 with OW pages.
A 5.0 sold on eBay for $125 on 3/5/21, so it's yours for $100. SOLD

Post 80 IP   flag post

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
The House of Mystery 174 keeps drawing me back to look at it. Something about that (Magenta?) color.

It's the HAND!! That skeletal hand beckoning you to enter. RUN AWAY!! Just drop the comic where you stand and run away.

I'll come pick it up, bring it home and keep it safe for you. 🙂
Post 81 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I've been under the weather for a few days, but I am feeling much better this morning and will try to get to any requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:
I would like to post some ungraded comics too. I have around a dozen long boxes and at least twice as many short boxes full of them. But I don't want to pull out books, scan them, and post them if no one wants them. So what would YOU want to buy in ungraded comics?
Thanks,
Ed

Good luck with the draft, Ed. I'd be interested in the following in VF or better except where noted;

DC Special #4
Doorway to Nightmare #1 (9.4 or better)
Demon #1
House of Mystery #156 to #173, I believe (the Dial H for Hero issues)
House of Secrets #81
Showcase #60-80 [I'm assuming you don't have a raw #22 😄)
Swamp Thing #20-#50 (80s series, 9.4 or better)
Spectre #1-10 (60s series 9.0 or better)
Rust #12 (Now Comics 1st series - 9.4 or better)
Green Lantern #6, 11, 59, 87 (60s series)
Adventure Comics #256 (5.0 or better)

Do you have any Dell or Gold Key?

I am pretty sure I have a copy of your icon, I just need to find it and dig it out - I have a bunch of the DC Special series if you are looking for any other issues.
I also have the entire run of HOS, Dial H for Hero. But they were a favorite of mine as a kid and were read dozens of times, I doubt any are close to VF. PM me if you are still interested.
The only Showcase I still have are #73 and #75. They are waiting to be submitted to CBCS if and when they run another pressing promo. I think both are in the 8.0/8.5 range.
I might have a random Gold Key or Dell left, but no runs of anything anymore. What are you looking for?
Post 82 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@esaravo - jumping on the wagon, sure could use a minty copy of...

Green Lantern 141
&
Green Lantern 142

I have a few GL's in that range. Not a #141, but I did have a #142 and a $143 - I just have to see if I still have it (the #142) and what condition it's in. Were there any other GL issues you need from around that time period?

Post 83 IP   flag post
NOTE: the following scans are being posted at the request of @DWeeB1967 and are not currently for sale.

Post 84 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo - on GL, it is all about upgrading my 141 and adding a 142 and yes, a 143 also, to complete my Omega Men Run.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Ed could you verify if Zatanna happens to appear in that DC special 5 or no?
Post 86 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

No Zatanna, just a picture of her father.

Post 87 IP   flag post
NOTE: the following scans are being posted at the request of a forum member and are not currently for sale.

Post 88 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

No Zatanna, just a picture of her father.

thanks Ed, obviously you know why I asked and where I was headed !
Post 89 IP   flag post
NOTE: Both the DC Special lot and the Supernatural Thrillers lot are SOLD! Thank you to both forum members for your requests and purchases.

And if anyone else is looking to fill in runs (or start a few), especially late SA or most BA titles, please send me a PM.
Post 90 IP   flag post
NOTE: Punisher #1 (1987) - First unlimited Punisher series, CBCS 9.6 with OW/W pages - SOLD!
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I saw those awesome Hulk books. Here are some requests that you were asking us for. Some books I need to finish some runs. All volume 1's.

Devil Dinosaur #5,#9
Defenders #10,11,12
New Teen Titans #3,5,8,9,10,12-15.
Post 92 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips - I should be able to help you with most of the New Teen Titans, but not the others, unfortunately.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Update: Two more requests filled and shipped out today. Thank you!
Post 94 IP   flag post
@esaravo it's not likely but just in case you (or others) have them: I'm looking for raw Limited series Wolverine 1 and Punisher 3. The Punisher 3 should be nice but I'm thinking 7.5-8.0 for Wolverine 1, looking to spend in the $100 range for the two of them.
I've become nostalgic for some of those 80's books that I was so happy to find and sell off back when I was broke. I found the others at MCS, just need these 2.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Thank you for fielding my request and shipping the books so quickly. I am sure many of you already know of Ed’s integrity as a collector and rare occasion seller, but I was a first time buyer and I have nothing but positive things to say about the experience. I hope everyone is able to find what they want from Ed, so he can find what he wants as well. Long live the Banana Splits!
Post 96 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia - I sold off a raw set of the limited Punisher series last year on the forums, and do not have another copy of issue #3. And I had all my raw copies of the Wolvie limited series graded and slabbed, so I am sorry I cannot help you out with those. I do have hundreds of raw books from the 1980's, just not those.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Received my books I bought off ed today.
Great guy to buy comics off.
Highly recommend anyone who has never bought off ed before, don't hesitate to buy any books off him that you need. 👍
Post 98 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
man.... I got some books from this fella named Ed today, I dunno if y'all have heard of him. My Zatanna special came along with a couple bonus books which may have included a Bernie cover. Its a good thing it was prepped for warfare. Im familiar with the Detroit shuffle in shipping, this one did the Akron shuffle. Thanks as always Ed.

Disclaimer: It came so long after I claimed it because he was willing to sit on it so I could claim something else from him if I chose.
Post 99 IP   flag post
I am posting some DC Treasuries here at the request of a forum member.

Post 100 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@esaravo it's not likely but just in case you (or others) have them: I'm looking for raw Limited series Wolverine 1 and Punisher 3. The Punisher 3 should be nice but I'm thinking 7.5-8.0 for Wolverine 1, looking to spend in the $100 range for the two of them.

22 days ago I posted this and it didn't seem unrealistic to look for an 8.0 Wolverine #1 for under $100. Now it just makes me look silly.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Shipped out another request order today - Starslayer #1-34 (missing 2 in the run).

Post 102 IP   flag post
Bumped to keep active.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Turtles (original series)1-4 1 2 can be any printing 3 4 1st
Thor #4 V1
FF #20
Thor #148 V1
Wolverine returns #1 McFarlane variant color or b&w
Post 104 IP   flag post
600892 104 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?