Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleFor SaleQuestionsWant to Buy

Venom 26 Variant Covers14248

Collector jgzachary13 private msg quote post Address this user
Which of the Venom 26 variant covers have (1) the lowest print runs and/or (2) the most value (both now and longterm)? The Frankie's Comics Virgin Sketch and Bagley variants appear to run the highest currently. Looking to add this and the FCBD to my PC.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Frankies virgin sketch seems to be the highest value of the 22 variants listed on gocollect.

Personally I went with the peach cover though. I ended up getting one remarked by her....
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector jcbruch private msg quote post Address this user
The first slab I ever got was a venom 26 secret virgin variant by Tyler Kirkham. The price seems to holding its value. The basket might be worth more in the long run just because ratio variants tend to have more staying power than store variants
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Bronte Thank you. I noticed a ton of signed and remarked copies on EBay, which made determining the best option more difficult. There appears to be a black and white Kirkham Variant Sketch cover that runs near the top as well (per comicspriceguide.com). Still, a signed and remarked Peach appears to be the second highest recent sold copy on EBay. Good pick.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I was unaware that any of them had potential. I know they dropped a ton in value once the next issue was released. Are they on an upward trend at the moment?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@jcbruch I saw the regular, virgin, color splash, and black and white secret variants by Kirkham. Which one did you pick up? That color splash looks really nice, but I like them all.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't been tracking them, but my assumption was that after they revealed it was scorpion it tanked the prospect of a new villan. I know that I have 1 book on ebay with first cover of virus signed and nobody even looks at it
Post 7 IP   flag post
@flanders Not that I know of presently. I wanted to pick up 26 and FCBD because of the history. What are the odds a character named "Virus" would end up having switched first appearances due to virus-related shipping delays? Again, more of a PC pickup than a speculation decision.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector jcbruch private msg quote post Address this user
I got the unsigned secret virgin already slabbed from “that Spider-Man booth” on one of their sales for $60. They also have signed ones by Kirkman. I would also check out unknown comics or street level hero since they were the store exclusive for the kirkman. It might be listed at a high price for a signed one but eventually the comics might go on sale.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Store exclusives = worthless.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Why is that? I presume the lower print runs alone would add value to the store exclusives. Have you been burned on store exclusives in the past?
Post 11 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, we all have.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Peach has been hot for minute. Which covers that pull high value has been hit and miss though.

As far as “low” print runs. The limited exclusive runs offered (like 3000 trade dress & 500 Virgin) are gimmicks. In my experience; Some do pull high dollar in a finite amount of time after they are sold out. Some have held value like the Peach strange academy. Some like the Comic Mint Venom 25 by Shannon Maer are flops for resale. There are buyers for the manufactured scarcity, but they do not pay high dollar for everything.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
This was the first book I did some actual speculative purchases on and bought 10 copies of the trade dress kirkham A covers, they have since dropped in price but I made a few hundred off of them from that gamble.

Since then I havent done that really, just bought covers that I liked or were harder to find. The peach venom 30 sketch cover is one of my more favorite recent covers though, the knull/venom cover is a nice one.
Post 14 IP   flag post
597895 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?