Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeWant to Buy

ISO Captain Atom (Charlton) #83?14211

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I’m looking for a VF range Captain Atom #83.

Offerings on fee-bay are far above GPA.

If anyone has one they’re wanting to part with, please let me know.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately asking prices on fee-bay ARE now GPA. Eventually those become actual sales prices.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
There's a guy on one of my Facebook groups who has an 8.0 for 420. If you're interested let me know and I'll get the information to you
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Batman66 That’s reasonable. Yes, please send me the info. I appreciate it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim I thought about picking it up myself, I have 2 copies now but this copy Is a higher grade than mine. I messaged him, I'll let you know when he responds. I don't know if you want to send me your email address and I can forward it to him. He contacted me on messenger, not sure if I can forward that to you
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Batman66 I responded to his e-mail. I’ll keep you posted. Thank you for the lead. 👍🏼
Post 6 IP   flag post
I picked the book up. Again, appreciate the lead, @Batman66.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I don’t have it in-hand yet, but here’s the pic he sent:

Post 8 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim - Very nice! It’s extremely difficult to find old Charltons that don’t have cream or off-white pages and discolored covers (especially white covers). I think they used the cheapest paper stock available.
Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Its a beauty, congrats!! I've got a lower grade one...maybe 4.0 if I'm lucky.

Post 10 IP   flag post
@00slim awesome, glad it worked out the blue beetle is coming to the big screen. I've heard it's the newer character Jamie but I know all the blue beetle keys will get a kick, this book is definitely a sleeper, congrats
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Batman66 I figured it was only a matter of time, but I hadn’t heard anything official. But I grabbed it cuz like you, I do figure it’s a sleeper. Next up is Blue Beetle #1. That one is way overdue.

“The Question” would make for a cool chacon for a movie or show.

The deal almost fell through when I asked if he’d do an even $400. He got defensive when I pointed out the miswrap. But I wasn’t going to walk away over $20.
Post 12 IP   flag post
597876 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?