Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Comic subscriptions14178

Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
I have been ordering from my local comic shop and the comics look like crap. They blame it on marvel using cheap ink, and or paper. And when A issue comes out that you feel is one you are glad you subscribed to, I get a copy that looks even worse. They don't seem to care about the handling of them and I keep telling them, I'm a collector not a reader per say. So I have began changing to Westfield comics but while trying to figure their shipping AND HANDLING charges, I have read a few horror stories and now wonder if I jumped from the frying pan into the fire. I know you can never make everyone happy, but have noticed they are charging my CC for comics they don't even have in stock yet, and the shipping and handling, even though I checked to ship just once a month seem to be getting out of hand off the bat.
I'm having a hard time just finding what I have ordered or what is being shipped. I get no invoice which bothers me. I spend hundreds and just want comics worth collecting and straight up service. I realize I may be having to search else where yet again. Anyone else use them or want to point me in a direction??? Thank you guys
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve been very happy with Atomic Empire. They let you choose your covers, bid on incentives, they have various shipping schedules, and any non-subscription orders you place can piggyback on your subscription shipment.

The only downside I had is that smaller order are shipped by envelope. After a couple of damaged orders (for what its worth they were pretty easy with refunds) I asked if I could have my orders always shipped in a. ix, which they granted and haven't had an issue with them ever since
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I’ve been very happy with Atomic Empire. They let you choose your covers, bid on incentives, they have various shipping schedules, and any non-subscription orders you place can piggyback on your subscription shipment.

The only downside I had is that smaller order are shipped by envelope. After a couple of damaged orders (for what its worth they were pretty easy with refunds) I asked if I could have my orders always shipped in a. ix, which they granted and haven't had an issue with them ever since

I atually just created an account with them, how did you ask for no envelope shipping, which I rarely order small orders, and you bid on incentives???
Post 3 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I don't buy many new comics but have used dcbservice.com on occasion and been satisfied. Comics packed well.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I use My Comic Shop for subs. Very happy and are always safely packed
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@timberghost It was over email. It happened to have been after a damaged order but I wouldn’t think that was a requirement.

You would happen to check out the specific rules for bidding on incentives as I’ve only done it once or twice
Post 6 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
I use My Comic Shop for subs. Very happy and are always safely packed

Yep!!! I highly recommend MCS for subscription service. I've been subscribing from them for about 3 years now. You pay up front, but if anything ever gets canceled, they give you credit asap. You can choose how often you want your comics shipped to you - monthly, weekly, etc. And, you can add comics that you buy from them to your subscription shipment. I've never had damaged comics arrive from them.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
I used to use M&M Comics in the late 80's and 90's. I never had any problems and when I did I would call them and they fixed it.
If I was buying a lot of new books I would still use them! Has anyone else had any experience with these guys?

clickable text

Also the books always arrived with no damage. They packed them double boxed. You know, box within a box.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
This is my shipment from MCS that I got today. I didn't think to take pictures before I opened it. It held 9 books.

This is the inner part. The comics were in a fairly heavy duty plastic bag (which I had thrown away) that was taped so no comics could shift. That bundle was taped to a cardboard piece the exact size of the inside of the box so the bundle couldn't shift. Then it was all placed inside, the inner flaps folded over the bundle and taped down. Then the outer box is folded around it and taped shut. I hope I explained that clearly.

Post 9 IP   flag post
598060 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?