Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

Does this need to be pressed?14146

Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,
This book is super clean. The only thing I see is a sort of bulging along the spine (not sure what that's called). Is that something that would lower the grade? Does this need to get pressed before sending in for grading?

Post 1 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
spine roll
Yes - it will lower the grade; yes - absolutely press. It will come right out
Post 2 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
When in doubt, always press. You could do a press screen in for it also.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector vision6797 private msg quote post Address this user
yes yes press it my copy of that same book came back as a 9.2
Post 4 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Yoosh, a press will take care of that spine roll and the bologna sandwich between page 16 and 17.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoosh5492
Hi All,
This book is super clean. The only thing I see is a sort of bulging along the spine (not sure what that's called). Is that something that would lower the grade? Does this need to get pressed before sending in for grading?

yes press it. That a stacking crease or the pages have been rolled over when read.

Spine roll is different (also fixable); that’s when the spine itself has literally been rolled over and no longer folds at its original crease.

Definition:
Spine roll is the misalignment, or shifting, of the spine to either the front or back of the comic. Spine roll repair is an invasive process and is not performed on a comic that has a fragile spine. In most cases, spine roll can be greatly improved, if not eliminated completely.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck!! And post it when when you get it back .
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
When in doubt press. An experienced presser won’t damage a book so it will rarely if ever hurt to press a book with someone who knows what they’re doing.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you everybody for the feedback. I'll get it pressed and share the results. Cheers!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
598100 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?