Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Spidey 2099 Madness14141

SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
Don’t forget ASM365, his 1st appearance.

I'll never understand how that can be when other previews are not considered 1st appearances.
Just shows how money wins over logic (or facts).

I would normally agree on not counting previews but in This instance I disagree. Although it is advertised as a preview it’s multiple story pages in final published form, telling a story with dialogue. Semantics aside, it’s a first full appearance.
Post 26 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash

I have a 9.6 that should easily press to 9.8 if you want to crack and resubmit on ebay.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=254896708853&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
Do you guys think these prices for amazing 265 and Spider-Man 2099 #1 will crash eventually?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@rckstr1253 The entire comic market is off the charts at the moment.

The market will settle, but to what degree, no one knows for sure.

#1 has been a $50-$80 book for a long time. $100 is reasonable for a 9.8, but a bit high perhaps for something so common.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstr1253
Do you guys think these prices for amazing 265 and Spider-Man 2099 #1 will crash eventually?

Maybe when folks get back out and start doing activity related stuff indoors/outdoors again.
Restrained to one's own indoor home; addicted to this damn computer screen/comics, has in my opinion made a significant impact in the value of keys.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Mine got a 9.8 and it's up on ebay. It had a corner ding on the spine that the the miracle workers in pressing fixed right up.
Post 31 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstr1253
Do you guys think these prices for amazing 365 and Spider-Man 2099 #1 will crash eventually?

I think it'll stay high/follow the market and shoot up if/when Spider-Man 2099 is shown in a substantial role in Spider-verse 2.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'll never understand how that can be when other previews are not considered 1st appearances.

I would normally agree on not counting previews but in This instance I disagree. Although it is advertised as a preview it’s multiple story pages in final published form, telling a story with dialogue. Semantics aside, it’s a first full appearance.

But it's 5 pages pulled directly from Spider-Man 2099. Capes #1/Agents #6 has 5 pages pulled directly from The Walking Dead #1.

CBCS/CGC calls S2099 a 1st App. and both call C1/A6 previews.

Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But it's 5 pages pulled directly from Spider-Man 2099. Capes #1/Agents #6 has 5 pages pulled directly from The Walking Dead #1.

You know what? You are absolutely right. It doesn’t make sense. I didn’t know about the Walking Dead previews.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
How much do you think I can get for my Walmart Spider-Verse 1 9.9? It’s on its way back from cbcs
Post 35 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash 1st print, I assume?

Prices for a 9.8 are all over the place, between $150 & $350.

I would think $2k minimum in the current market?

I’d put it up for $3k. I wouldn’t put an offer option on it, but people will e-mail you offers anyway. I think buyers who go out of their way to e-mail you offers are typically serious buyers.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim it’s the white trade-dress have a 9.8 and 9.9 coming back with some other goodies

Btw it’s good time to buy some raws of 2099. There are some going cheap on the eBay. I missed 2 while I was at work both went for less than $20 and currently winning at $15 on one. Some decent looking NM candidates. Also picked up the 4 hologram anniversary books for $15 and 3 are newsstands. The comic world is so confusing right now.
Post 37 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash I’d be looking for some, but I have 5 raw 2099 #1s, 9.6s minimum & definite 9.8 candidates. I mailed 10 books to CGC today & ALMOST included them.

I also have a ToyBiz variant of #1 in grading/quality control at CGC at the moment. I think I’ll keep it for my P.C., but if by some miracle it’s a 9.8, I’ll definitely be tempted to sell.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You know what? You are absolutely right. It doesn’t make sense. I didn’t know about the Walking Dead previews.

It's money.
ASM got a lot of attention each issue, so the preview was widely seen and recognized. The Walking Dead comic series was out for a little while before the TV show made #1 a huge money maker, but it was already doing well before episode 1. By the time the TWD previews became widely known (1st GPA 9.8 sale was July 2010- TWD #1 had a 9.8 GPA of $550 by 2009), lot's of money had been sunk into #1, the comic being labeled by CGC as the 1st appearance of Rick Grimes.

Imagine the outrage if C1/A6 were suddenly labeled consistent to ASM #365, and as the true 1st app?

What I don't understand is why they let this override facts. It's not like it's their books being sold[?]

Either that, or ASM #365 is just a preview, and not the 1st appearance of Spider-Man 2099.

Professionally speaking, it should not be both ways just to avoid butthurt, unless the people who paid thousands have a legit legal gripe.
Post 39 IP   flag post
And I just got the grade on my Spidey 2099 ToyBiz variant.

Stoked to have a 9.8 back in my collection. I’ll be posting in the “Hold or Flip” thread about it.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
And I just got the grade on my Spidey 2099 ToyBiz variant.

Stoked to have a 9.8 back in my collection. I’ll be posting in the “Hold or Flip” thread about it.

I had one, the first 9.8 by CBCS as far as I can tell. I foolishly sold it for a massive profit. I want it back. 😐
Post 41 IP   flag post
This is my 6th 9.8 of this book. It gets harder to part with it every time.
Post 42 IP   flag post
597875 42 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?