Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSP

Jack Kirby signature FF1 — CGC slab - CBCS signature verification ?14133

Collector I_age_like_milk private msg quote post Address this user
Shall I give it a try with CBCS or leave as is?

Post 1 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
YES CBCS
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd give it a shot.
If someone was forging, the likelihood of adding "To William" would not be on the agenda I would believe.

If it fails VSP verification, you can always send back to CGC for re-grade.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Leave it as is.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@I_age_like_milk I'd definitely send it to CBCS for verification for the exact reasons @Nuffsaid111 stated. Great book!!

Welcome to the forum!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Just understand that CBCS is going to grade it and the grade could drop (or rise or stay the same) below CGC's current grade.

But I'd send it to CBCS.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Highly likely to be real; i would send through CBCS.
Post 7 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
You can choose, if you want, not to encapsulate if it fails verification.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector waynemel private msg quote post Address this user
What was the grade? Can you show what the comic looks like?
Also, I would send it in for VSP as well.
Post 9 IP   flag post
It is a 3.0, never pressed and cleaned. I am thinking to send it to my comicbook presser. He pre-screened and indicated it wont drop a grade (unlikely at least) , but certainly would present itself better after the treatment. As I am not called William and signature might be legit, I‘d hoped that verification might enrich the book. Othwerwise I am happy with the book as is. I got jt a long time ago.
Post 10 IP   flag post

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector waynemel private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for sharing. Yes, a clean/press would make it display great.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@I_age_like_milk juice - Nice comic! I would definitely send in to CBCS for Press and VSP. As they will not photo the inside, you may want to crack open and photo the autograph before you send it in.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user
I had the same issue. Mine was a CGC 1.0, signature verification and bump to 1.5. I would do it. Congrats and enjoy.
Post 14 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I would definitely press/vsp/regrade via CBCS, but only if intending to sell soon. Getting that book graded is expensive due to value; so if just holding it long term, regrading ties up more $ long term.
That’s the logical argument anyhow. If the grading cash is chump change, then absolutely do it.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Great POV. Thanks. I do not want to sell, as I dont have a next best alternative and see no need (yet). I want to get it to best feasible state now and keep it. Granted no chump change (better buy GME) as I am currently residing outside the US. The services add cost and nerves - currently an ASM1 in routing (bless insurance). On the other side I purchased the book for ‚chump change‚ just looking at today‘s value.
Post 16 IP   flag post
598100 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?