Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleFor Sale

SELL or HOLD?14118

No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@scifinator Hold out for a bit more.
It is an oddity that he wrote his name instead of signing.
Nonetheless, it was witnessed! So maybe it being more rare, it could be worth more than other signed books, to the right person...
Post 551 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator it's an odd one - while the cursive is more desirable it is still witnessed and if unsigned went for $255 then I would say the offer is woefully low! I would hold - you kind of expect with a signature to get the normal FMV + sig fees and witness fees - I would have though minimum $300-$320 as a reasonable offer

Hold!!!

also - other than being 1st Epic comic is there anything else driving this to $255 for unsigned 9.8??
I have at least 2 of these - maybe time to grade and offload??
Post 552 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
other than being 1st Epic comic is there anything else driving this to $255 for unsigned 9.8??
I have at least 2 of these - maybe time to grade and offload??

@KatKomics - last year they did a kickstarter with Ominous for an omnibus/return. A few years ago it had gotten up to the same $250 level due to a pending TV series, but the producer died before that came to fruition. Probably renewed interest do to the Ominous publications and possibly Overstreets Lost Universes, and who knows maybe it'll end up on Netflix or something.
Post 553 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
SELL or HOLD (counter)

Listed at $359.9
Offer rec $159

This is one of the oddities whereby Starlin wrote his name instead of in cursive. A recent unsigned 9.8 went for $255

I don’t think I am off in my ask. Am I?

@KatKomics

So something is happening here and I don't know what it is. Two sales yesterday. A 9.4 SS (Starlin Signed) sold on ebay for an offer under $275 and a 9.8 Blue Label sold for $175. Also, I just Declined the offer without a count prior to seeing those other two sales today.
Post 554 IP   flag post
Neil Gaimans Lady Justice #1 9.8

Listed at $73.49

Offer Rec'd $62

SELL or HOLD?

Post 555 IP   flag post

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator weird. I can only find a sales record for a 2015 series by the same name (FCBD Edition from 2017, for $14 😔).

It seems like an oddity. If it doesn’t mean anything to you, I might take it, though. Unless you suspect there’s potential for the character in the future.
Post 556 IP   flag post
@00slim - There are actually two covers. I picked up a lot of the Neil Gaiman Tekno titles back when they were produced. Not special enough in my heart to be part of my Force Ghost (permanent) collection hence why I sent to MCS.

Post 557 IP   flag post
@Scifinator hey!!! I picked up all the Tekno titles when they came out and never saw they variant cover...guess my shop just didn't order enough??
Post 558 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
SELL or HOLD (counter)

Listed at $359.9
Offer rec $159

This is one of the oddities whereby Starlin wrote his name instead of in cursive. A recent unsigned 9.8 went for $255

I don’t think I am off in my ask. Am I?

@KatKomics

So something is happening here and I don't know what it is. Two sales yesterday. A 9.4 SS (Starlin Signed) sold on ebay for an offer under $275 and a 9.8 Blue Label sold for $175. Also, I just Declined the offer without a count prior to seeing those other two sales today.

Starlin doesn't sign for slabbed books anymore iirc....I'd figure out if that is xorrect, and if he will still sign for cbcs witnessed signings....keep in mind, cgc ss collectors often only want cgc ss slabs for their registry sets....and if starlin is in fact no longer signing books for cgc ss....your asking price is fair...if not, it's a bit high.

This book is all over the place, you can buy dreadstar lots for like a few dollars in auctions or pull it out of a $1 or $2 box at a con...not q tough book to press and pull a 9.8 on....i'd counter at 325 and stay firm, if starlin isn't signings for cgc ss anymore.

Otherwise, go as low as 225 + shipping.

Common or not, it's still a key for starlin collectors.

There hasn't been any news on the tv/movie stuff in a long time, I have 3 epic illustrated #3's (1st dreadstar, like 9.6/9.8's once I sub them.

Paid $30 each in 2015 or so,from one ebay seller who was selling like 6 copies cheap.
Post 559 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder - my understanding is he still does not sign cgc. Thanks for the input
Post 560 IP   flag post
How to price prints, portfolios and sketches at MCS???

I'm at a loss so just threw everything into auctions...some I only had the option for Prime where all the others Prime was not available but there are 1 or 2 others where I think it should have been (likely my own feelings about the items I guess....) i.e. the Paul Chadwick print and the Signed Mignola

I've since gotten original sketches from both but still!! those prints/production pieces don't come around often/ever!

Post 561 IP   flag post
SELL or HOLD?

Listed at $144.39
Offer received $110

Only CBCS graded example. I believe of the 3 versions, this is the lowest production.

Post 562 IP   flag post
@Scifinator Last recorded 9.8 sale was $22 in 2019. I’d be inclined to accept.

Post 563 IP   flag post
So, I just got this in. Sell or hold for more movie buzz? The reboot has been in development hell for like five years now.

I’m inclined to sell, I actually put the ad on e-bay, but really I’m trying to figure out the right price point?

Last CGC 9.6 Newsstand signed by McFarlane went for just under $600. BUT that was Witnessed and not verified. Plus, it was on the cover. The signature being on the interior will detract for some.

I’m thinking $500?

Thoughts?
Post 564 IP   flag post
600441 564 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?