Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleFor Sale

SELL or HOLD?14118

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia - There be only one other. I did, and it is also a 9.6 on ebay and is $165 with shipping from the true north country in North Am.
Post 126 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@EbayMafia - There be only one other. I did, and it to is a 9.6 on ebay and is $165 with shipping from the true north country in North Am.

If yours is plus shipping, I'd sell.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
These two are worthy of forum input. If any of these MCS offers came from forum members, please PM me to discuss:

1) Iron Man 118 1st Rhodey CBCS 9.4 Listed: $145 Offered: $123

2) X-men 50 CGC 8.5 $745 Offered: $700 (I'm typically inclined to accept quickly whenever anyone offers more than 90% of asking price)
The offer on the x men book is only 20 below GPA, so fair price for that one...although long term it will likely move even higher. People seem to love that book, and alot of them are being taken for Steranko to sign before time passes that chance by.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Asking $81 offer $70..Sell or Hold?

Have a 9.8 signed by Perez at MCS too..but I have that one priced high...not really sure I want to sell.
Even this....don't remember when I got it but it has an easy press fix to 9.8.....Perez WW is just great!

I’d say your asking price is reasonable, but this book is all over the place:

That cover is so well done, it is iconic on its own truly. Book stayed really cheap for a long time too, before finally getting a bit of traction
Post 129 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Have a 9.8 signed by Perez at MCS too..but I have that one priced high...not really sure I want to sell.
Even this....don't remember when I got it but it has an easy press fix to 9.8.....Perez WW is just great!

@KatKomics - Current bids on 9.6's at ComicLink that end tonight are at $60. You may want to see where those end.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:

@KatKomics - Current bids on 9.6's at ComicLink that end tonight are at $60. You may want to see where those end.

lol! too late..someone scooped it for my asking of $81

After my Heritage wins I need an order or two back from CBCS to sell more books!!!
Post 131 IP   flag post
@KatKomics - FYI, they sold at 83 and 76 before ship and buyer premium. Bet you one of the losing bidders bought yours. Congrats!
Post 132 IP   flag post
SELL or HOLD?

Star Trek Deep Space Nine (1993) Ashcan 1 GOLD CBCS 9.8

Listed at $74

Offered $57

Decision - HOLD
Post 133 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Without checking the recent sales, I’ll say, I personally wouldn’t let a 9.8 go for that.
Post 134 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Thinking about selling this book.

Does anyone have a gpa and / or gocollect on this that they could share?
Detective Comics 118. CGC 7.5

Post 135 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Hard to get any current sales:
7.0 sold for $2K last July
7.5 Rockford Pedigree sold for $2,800 2 years ago.
8.5 Sold for $3,800 2 years ago.
9.0 Sold for over $6K 3 years ago.

I'm thinking it sells between $2,800 and $3,200? Maybe $3,200 OBO?
Post 136 IP   flag post

Post 137 IP   flag post
The last sale was 2008. Go with @EbayMafia’s pricing.
Post 138 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for taking the time to look.
I've looked off and on ebay for awhile and only see 2 copies at a lower grade sitting for the longest time.....
Post 139 IP   flag post
@00slim Are you looking at Batman, or Detective? I'm getting totally different information but I think we're both looking at GPA?
Post 140 IP   flag post
I put it at a price higher that suggested, because I'm not sure I want to sell it. But it's on ebay, we shall see how it goes.

Thank you 2 for providing a baseline for me.
Post 141 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia I clicked on the specific grade. Last recorded sale in grade was 2008, & I didn’t notice that.

Here’s the bigger picture:

Post 142 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I put it at a price higher that suggested, because I'm not sure I want to sell it

Honestly I don't think past sales history is overly relevant on a book that sells once or twice a year. I think you are right to come in high. If you priced it so that it sold in a week you would probably be questioning yourself.
Post 143 IP   flag post
Wow that price is so close to what I paid, I might be the last person to buy the book in that grade...
Post 144 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I put it at a price higher that suggested, because I'm not sure I want to sell it

Honestly I don't think past sales history is overly relevant on a book that sells once or twice a year. I think you are right to come in high. If you priced it so that it sold in a week you would probably be questioning yourself.

Thank you. That logic makes more sense than my gut not really wanting to let go.... =)
Post 145 IP   flag post
@Scifinator It seems that you have 2 piles, Permanent Collection pile and Sell Now Pile. May I suggest that you consider a third pile...a "9.8 put away for the future" pile. I just can't see sending a book in for grading, getting the 9.8 gold standard and then selling for less than $100. There's a chance several of them will be worth significantly more in the future and very little chance that any of them would be worth less. Some of those books are the only 9.8 slabs in existence. Unless you really need the money, maybe just sit on those 9.8's for a while and look at them again once a year on a regular basis?
Post 146 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia it looks like you'll be winning a lot of CBCS slabs from SlabSmart this auction will that mentality .
Post 147 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@EbayMafia it looks like you'll be winning a lot of CBCS slabs from SlabSmart this auction will that mentality .

Oh, I don't have that kind of space in my home.
Post 148 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia - I hear you, and you are correct, quite a few from my collection are either single highest or only CBCS graded examples. On the auction side of the equation, these are the 2nd, 3rd, etc copies and I have a duplicate listed in the static listing. As you know MCS will charge storage after a year so I am culling the excess inventory(with the exception of the Silver Surfer 50, that was a mistake and I should not have put that in the auction). If I lose 5-15 on a few dozen books, I am ok with it.

You know my story. Over 3,000 comics and wanted to protect the permanent collection so I engaged the endeavor to encase all with a goal of selling 2/3 - 3/4 to recoup the cost of grading all. Do I need the money? Thankfully not. I would probably say I need the space more. At this point the sale has become my hobby/escape.

In some sense, I have already been employing your advice as I havent sent in most of my independents like Topps, Continuity, Legacy, Malibu, Triumphant, etc, as I would guess that it would be difficult to get even $35 each for those. I also feel, that as the masses are able to start traveling, congregating at concerts and sports venues, stop receiving “stimulus” checks that many don’t need, etc., we will start to see a correction in the comics speculation. So, I am somewhat of the get it sold now and put the money to work elsewhere while i can mode.
Post 149 IP   flag post
Just got an offer of 11k on my hulk 181 cgc 8.5 old label

I have it listed at 13.5k.

Surprisingly I have it set with NO offers....
Post 150 IP   flag post
@Bronte Direct through PayPal, maybe. With fees, I say no.

But it’s a lot of money. Your call.

Post 151 IP   flag post
I meant, no. Typo. Fixed.
Post 152 IP   flag post
The guy just bought a fantastic four 1 cgc 4.0.

He wants to buy off ebay. I told him no. He is disturbed about taxes. I told him I have to pay ebay fees. It's the price we gotta pay to do business.
Post 153 IP   flag post
I checked on those last 2 books, they have WHITE pages. Sadly my book is cream to off white. I know page color commands a premium, but from 8500 to 12.5k is a huge premium for that page quality.
Post 154 IP   flag post
@Bronte I wouldn’t, unless I’d done business with him before.
Post 155 IP   flag post
601536 564 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?