Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleFor Sale

SELL or HOLD?14118

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Double cover, 9.8 sales:

Post 101 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Additional info:

CBCS 9.8 Newsstand single cover sold $200 2/28/21

cgc 9.8 direct single cover sold $155 3/25/21
Post 102 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator - Don’t most double covers typically sell for 1.5 to 2 times the price as the same issue with one cover?
Post 103 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator hold and maybe even raise the price or change it to buy it now. Whoever bought it will likely flip it for close to $400 in my highly inexperienced opinion.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo - ron't row (scooby speak)
Post 105 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
This one is not the run of the mill X comic. Besides first cameo appearance of Apocalypse, It is both a Newsprint Edition and a Double Cover.

Was offered $196 and is listed at $340.

SELL or HOLD?

Hold. Be patient with a book like that. It has a small audience.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Quote:
This one is not the run of the mill X comic. Besides first cameo appearance of Apocalypse, It is both a Newsprint Edition and a Double Cover.

Was offered $196 and is listed at $340.

SELL or HOLD?

Decision...HOLD and countered at the $340 listing price
Post 107 IP   flag post
These two are worthy of forum input. If any of these MCS offers came from forum members, please PM me to discuss:

1) Iron Man 118 1st Rhodey CBCS 9.4 Listed: $145 Offered: $123

2) X-men 50 CGC 8.5 $745 Offered: $700 (I'm typically inclined to accept quickly whenever anyone offers more than 90% of asking price)
Post 108 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Those are solid imo.
Post 109 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia They seem reasonable.
Post 110 IP   flag post
I accepted the X-men offer. Might counter the Iron Man offer even though I hate quibbling over 7 or 8 bucks.
Post 111 IP   flag post
SELL or HOLD?

Silver Surfer #44 CBCS 9.4

Offered $111
Listed $151

My sense is to hold. While i think 111 is a fair price, I suspect now that Mr. Radd is part of MCU, will see a major appearance and spike.

Post 112 IP   flag post
@Scifinator Does the value of the book come from the 1st appearance of the Infinity Gauntlet? If so, I think I would move it near current FMV as that is in the past of the MCU.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia

I'm going to pass on this offer. I checked GPA and not to many 9.4's have sold but $123 would make it the lowest priced 9.4 sold this year. I don't think this book is headed down.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Asking $81 offer $70..Sell or Hold?

Have a 9.8 signed by Perez at MCS too..but I have that one priced high...not really sure I want to sell.
Even this....don't remember when I got it but it has an easy press fix to 9.8.....Perez WW is just great!

Post 115 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Have a 9.8 signed by Perez at MCS too..but I have that one priced high...not really sure I want to sell.
Even this....don't remember when I got it but it has an easy press fix to 9.8.....Perez WW is just great!

I’d say your asking price is reasonable, but this book is all over the place:

Post 116 IP   flag post
@KatKomics - I would hold as your $81 is well within the the FMV.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Guess it depends if I wanna be a prick about it eh?
Seem like $81 is right on and the $70 offer is a bit low..
I think those $90 and $100 are kind of outliers ?

Could counter at $75??..unless it's someone from the boards here then let me know and $70 for you!
Post 118 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Counter back at $75. That is that awful rivets label. That alone is worth a discount.
Post 119 IP   flag post
SELL or HOLD?

The MAXX #1 (Glow in Dark Variant) 9.6

Offered $140
Listed $160

I would have accepted and not even put this up for consideration but for the OUTLIER 9.8 that just sold for over $800. I already had it priced way over FMV due to the 11/19 comment by Channing Tatum on Producing. I could be wrong, but I think there was 10-1 ratio of standard to Glow in the Dark covers.

Decision - SELL
Post 120 IP   flag post
@Scifinator His offer is definitely reasonable, given the asking price. Basically, it depends if you wanna hold for future spec? In that case, I’d pull the listing all together.

As far as the offer, if you’re hesitant, you could counter & just say you want your full asking price.
Post 121 IP   flag post
@00slim - Yup, and that's my issues. With very few exceptions, this being one of them, I was not putting up 2/3 of my collection with speculation in mind. This one, I did list with Tatum live action speculation, more than doubling the FMV. So, am I crazy to sell or crazy to hold?
Post 122 IP   flag post
@Scifinator Wish I had a definitive answer. It’s a gamble, either way.
Post 123 IP   flag post
@Scifinator Maybe this is something to consider. What could you roll the profit into? Is there anything you’re itching to buy at the moment? If not, maybe ya don’t need the money, and it’s worth possibly RAISING the price and holding out.
Post 124 IP   flag post
@Scifinator Look at What other slabbed Glow in the Dark inventory is available through MCS or Ebay and what are those sellers asking for them.
Post 125 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia - There be only one other. I did, and it is also a 9.6 on ebay and is $165 with shipping from the true north country in North Am.
Post 126 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@EbayMafia - There be only one other. I did, and it to is a 9.6 on ebay and is $165 with shipping from the true north country in North Am.

If yours is plus shipping, I'd sell.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
These two are worthy of forum input. If any of these MCS offers came from forum members, please PM me to discuss:

2) X-men 50 CGC 8.5 $745 Offered: $700 (I'm typically inclined to accept quickly whenever anyone offers more than 90% of asking price)
The offer on the x men book is only 20 below GPA, so fair price for that one...although long term it will likely move even higher. People seem to love that book, and alot of them are being taken for Steranko to sign before time passes that chance by.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:

I’d say your asking price is reasonable, but this book is all over the place:

That cover is so well done, it is iconic on its own truly. Book stayed really cheap for a long time too, before finally getting a bit of traction
Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:

@KatKomics - Current bids on 9.6's at ComicLink that end tonight are at $60. You may want to see where those end.
Post 130 IP   flag post
597971 564 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?