Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleFor Sale

SELL or HOLD?14118

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@flanders If you are done with it then take the $90 and move on to something else. Maybe wait 24 hours and see if any other offers come in.

I already own Caliber Presents #1. That's good enough for me. I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon then accept if nothing else comes in.
Post 526 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Sales have been slow all year for me picked up slightly over the month I’m assuming due to tax season. The 2 most recent books I sold cgc 9.9 ss romita jr Superman year one and DD 25 larroca variant asp chechetto Cbcs 9.8. I haven’t heard anything new about either so it seems like money to burn to me *shrug
Post 527 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders - Based on the GoCollect sales data for 2nd print below, I might be inclined to take the $90. However, with the 1st print spiking 10% in the last 30 days, and with Skarsgard in the reboot and now FKA Twigs as his girlfriend, you might benefit from holding for a while and raising the price.

Census
Sales
Sold 01/2022
$108
30 day avg
--
90 day
$108
1 year
$108

Census
Sales
Sold 12/2021
$103
30 day avg
--
90 day
--
1 year
$103

Census
Sales
Sold 02/2021
$100
30 day avg
--
90 day
--
1 year
--

Census
Sales
Sold 11/2021
$43
Post 528 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator thanks. I took a look at the scan and it's an ugly 9.2. I accepted the offer which is more than fair for the true condition of the book.
Post 529 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Crow (1989 Caliber) 3-2ND CGC 9.2

Second Printing.

Your price: $99.99

Offer: $90.00

Not sure what to do with this. I bought it a few months ago for about $50. It seems reasonable.

Decline,include a message stating you just learned the Crow is getting a movie reboot and you made an err9r in the price..raise to $125, best offer removed.

He'll probably buy it, just force the sale.

The Crow is getting a movie reboot, news broke about 2 weeks ago or so.

If he doesn't take it, someone else will and probably fir mote than 125.

The Crow has a big following, the reboot will blow this book up, once a trailer hits ..orveven the next bit of news

IMO, 2nd prints are undervalued...hell, so are 1st prints..
Post 530 IP   flag post

@ComicHoarder I accepted it already. If you take a look at the book it certainly isn't a 9.2 and I bought it solely for the purpose of selling it for a higher price. It may still be undervalued, but sales have been so slow for me it wasn't an opportunity I could pass up.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=54282583
Post 531 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Soooo... what's the consensus.... strongly leaning towards sell

I have 2 more in being graded with CBCS which should be ready in 3 or 4 years for the Thrawn solo character streaming show!!

This one I had as a 7 or 7.5 but MCS was much higher - thinking $250 is fair for a raw book??

Post 532 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
This one I had as a 7 or 7.5 but MCS was much higher - thinking $250 is fair for a raw book??

With all the hassle of slabbing these days I would take the money and run.
Post 533 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics If you didn’t have more copies, I’d hold out. Since you have more, I’d let it go at $250.
Post 534 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

This!
Post 535 IP   flag post
Quote:

A 7.5 because of the top left corner of the back cover?

I'm seeing a CGC 8.5 for $180 OBO so maybe that's a good deal. I've seen plenty of 9.2's from both CGC and CBCS that have that type of damage on the front cover. But there's also this CGC 9.0 which looks better than your copy for only $299. Unless I'm missing something:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ivitems=4625381#55995293

I'd probably take the offer.
Post 536 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Sounds like a plan!!

I have an appliance repair guy coming in a few days as our fridge looks like it's calling it quits after 7 years...thinking I'll sell and put the $$ toward the repairs and or a new fridge....

was gonna pull the multi meter out and check stuff myself but then I don't even know where to start to look for parts - I'll leave this repair to the pros!
Post 537 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

A 7.5 because of the top left corner of the back cover?

I'm seeing a CGC 8.5 for $180 OBO so maybe that's a good deal. I've seen plenty of 9.2's from both CGC and CBCS that have that type of damage on the front cover. But there's also this CGC 9.0 which looks better than your copy for only $299. Unless I'm missing something:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ivitems=4625381#55995293

I'd probably take the offer.

I had it at 7.5 because the spine is all messed up - someone read the book and the card stock is all broken down the spine - I figured it would take hit for it - guess I was wrong?? that's the only reason I sent it raw for sale - didn't figure it was worth the $$ to grade

My other 2 should be in the low 9's?? - sent Nov 2021.....will be a while before they are ready as they needed pressing
Post 538 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics - just saw your post and looks like uou have already made hour decision, but were i making the decision, I would have sold also.
Post 539 IP   flag post
I wonder how this will play out. I think what has happened is someone is buying assuming the classic MCS under grade. I mean, hey, good luck to them as there were some defects that a press would help but I really think 8.5 is max grade and maybe not even really that for the book.
Post 540 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I partially disassembled my dishwasher last year. Handy enough with cars and most mechanical/electronic stuff. Realized soon that while dishwashers were on back order, parts were even worse (if existing at all).

Cut my losses.

7 years is not very old for a fridge but starts to get borderline for some stuff (repair vs replace). Good luck.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sounds like a plan!!

I have an appliance repair guy coming in a few days as our fridge looks like it's calling it quits after 7 years...thinking I'll sell and put the $$ toward the repairs and or a new fridge....

was gonna pull the multi meter out and check stuff myself but then I don't even know where to start to look for parts - I'll leave this repair to the pros!
Post 541 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave

yeah..most things I'll take a run at myself - I mean if you can read and follow instructions with a Haynes manual and the right tools you can tear down your entire car!!
Post 542 IP   flag post
Should I send these to MCS to sell or just sit on them (books I got back today)

ASM 101 Reprint #101 9.8 1st Morbius
Marvel Team-Up #3 8.0 3rd Morbius
Jimmy Olsen #134 5.0 - 1st Darkseid

Looks like all of these are in the $200/$250 range

New Teen Titans #2 9.8 - 1st Dead Pool?? oops?? Death Stroke!!

I think I missed the Morbius train but who knows when there will be more interest - so might be better to off load now
Darkseid??? will he show again?? might be ok to sit in a box for a while....

Not sure if there is more upside to TT #2 -might be better to sell now ??
Post 543 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
If they dont mean anything to you, I would send them in. You have a year to think about what you want to do before they charge storage if I recall correctly.
Post 544 IP   flag post
Quote:

I think I missed the Morbius train but who knows when there will be more interest - so might be better to off load now

@KatKomics - I would/have sent in as those titles don't hold a special place in my heart/mind. Maybe the same or different for you.

And, new character...Death Stroke!
Post 545 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:

@KatKomics - I would/have sent in as those titles don't hold a special place in my heart/mind. Maybe the same or different for you.

And, new character...Death Stroke!

Only one that holds a place in my heart/mind is the TT#2 - but I have 2 of them so extra should go, go , go!!!

Have full Teen Titans (I think all appearances) from BB 54 to the first few issues of the 1984 second New TT series

Even Darkseid - I have upgraded to a 8.5 so my reader that I had for years and years can go

Time to add a few more books and send them off! With fuel surcharges maybe it'll be cheaper to hand deliver them!!!!
Post 546 IP   flag post
SELL or HOLD (counter)

Listed at $359.9
Offer rec $159

This is one of the oddities whereby Starlin wrote his name instead of in cursive. A recent unsigned 9.8 went for $255

I don’t think I am off in my ask. Am I?

Post 547 IP   flag post
Post 548 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I agree.
Post 549 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator I wouldn’t take that offer.
Post 550 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@scifinator Hold out for a bit more.
It is an oddity that he wrote his name instead of signing.
Nonetheless, it was witnessed! So maybe it being more rare, it could be worth more than other signed books, to the right person...
Post 551 IP   flag post
@Scifinator it's an odd one - while the cursive is more desirable it is still witnessed and if unsigned went for $255 then I would say the offer is woefully low! I would hold - you kind of expect with a signature to get the normal FMV + sig fees and witness fees - I would have though minimum $300-$320 as a reasonable offer

Hold!!!

also - other than being 1st Epic comic is there anything else driving this to $255 for unsigned 9.8??
I have at least 2 of these - maybe time to grade and offload??
Post 552 IP   flag post
Quote:
other than being 1st Epic comic is there anything else driving this to $255 for unsigned 9.8??
I have at least 2 of these - maybe time to grade and offload??

@KatKomics - last year they did a kickstarter with Ominous for an omnibus/return. A few years ago it had gotten up to the same $250 level due to a pending TV series, but the producer died before that came to fruition. Probably renewed interest do to the Ominous publications and possibly Overstreets Lost Universes, and who knows maybe it'll end up on Netflix or something.
Post 553 IP   flag post
Quote:
SELL or HOLD (counter)

Listed at $359.9
Offer rec $159

This is one of the oddities whereby Starlin wrote his name instead of in cursive. A recent unsigned 9.8 went for $255

I don’t think I am off in my ask. Am I?

@KatKomics

So something is happening here and I don't know what it is. Two sales yesterday. A 9.4 SS (Starlin Signed) sold on ebay for an offer under $275 and a 9.8 Blue Label sold for $175. Also, I just Declined the offer without a count prior to seeing those other two sales today.
Post 554 IP   flag post
Neil Gaimans Lady Justice #1 9.8

Listed at $73.49

Offer Rec'd $62

SELL or HOLD?

Post 555 IP   flag post
598060 564 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?