Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleFor Sale

SELL or HOLD?14118

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
LOL, What if 10 SELL or HOLD was quite awhile back.

It was for sure! 🙂...@Scifinator out of curiosity...looking back now was that the right decision? What's a 9.8 go for now?
Post 476 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Sell! Sell them all!
Post 477 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
LOL, What if 10 SELL or HOLD was quite awhile back.

It was for sure! 🙂...@Scifinator out of curiosity...looking back now was that the right decision? What's a 9.8 go for now?

Post 478 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Thanks!!......and holy crap!!
Post 479 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC I got a higher offer a few weeks after I declined, but decided to hold for a higher price at least until the movie is released. If someone offers 2 k + in the interim, it’s history.
Post 480 IP   flag post

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
ASM 299 CBCS 9.8

Was thinking of $810 as a counter? - or do I hold out?

Post 481 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics I personally don't like the idea of selling that book right now. I think it's at a low point in value. I know you would have to wait a few years for significant increase...but that increase could be pretty significant.
Post 482 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics last 5 sales over the past 30 days in GoCollect database below with FMV at $1,000. If it were mine, i would be inclined to agree with @EbayMafia and if anything, i might increase the price and let it ride till someone just has to have it. HOLD.

Post 483 IP   flag post
@Scifinator @EbayMafia

maybe I'll just hold at $850?- seems like that is about right for the Jan sales?

MCS charges to hold books after a year right? guess that leaves me with like 170 or so days - maybe I will take your advice and jump it up a bit

sadly I have almost nothing into this book - think it was $25 or $50 and then press and grade - need to sell books to buy my big one for the year!! (Iron Man 1 in 9.0 is the goal!)

can always auction at the last minute and see what happens!
Post 484 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Arizona Kid 1951 (Atlas), Complete Series Issues 1-6, All graded between 4.0 and 6.0 universal. Sell or Hold?

Red Warrior 1951 (Atlas), Complete Series Issues 1-6, All graded between 4.5 and 7.0 universal. Sell or Hold?

Thanks all, I've no idea what to do with these old Atlas westerns.
Post 485 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@figment I think I’d hold on Westerns. I think they’re gonna make a bigger comeback, eventually.
Post 486 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user

sell or go?
Post 487 IP   flag post
@Steverogers11 I’d price it high and see if it goes.

Last sale has jumped to $1800, with no mention of it being a newsstand.

Maybe $2500?

But you could wait until the trailer for Guardians 3 drops.
Post 488 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
If you've been holding a newsstand of this, I can't see it going much higher. Sell sell sell

Post 489 IP   flag post
SELL or HOLD?

Star Wars Tales of the Jedi #3

Listed for sale at $119.90
Offer from buyer at $100.00

Post 490 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
SELL or HOLD?

Lots of first appearances in that book. Nobody I really recognize though. I’d counter at $110 and see what happens.
Post 491 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
That being said you never know what Disney/Marvel is going to throw at the wall to see if it sticks.
Post 492 IP   flag post
Quote:
SELL or HOLD?

Decision: HOLD
- Star Wars anything is just too hot right now to discount.
Post 493 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Avengers Illuminati books ..... Sell or hold?
Post 494 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Sell, Magneto is lurking...
Post 495 IP   flag post
Batman 423 in 4.5 (f-me..had water spotting I didn't notice..looks closer to 6.5 or 7)
MCS

Asking 60
Offer 53

pretty sure I'll take it!

Plus side...Heir to the Empire#1 I thought was 7 or 7.5 MCS has at 8.5!!
Post 496 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 497 IP   flag post
From the land of rare and esoteric, i received an offer of $60 on a comic listed in MCS for $83.80. This is the only graded example in CBCS census and there 2 9.8’s (if you can trust those grades)in the cgc census
SELL or HOLD. Maybe @drchaos and @DrWatson can chime in 😉

Post 498 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
This CGC 9.8 sold yesterday on Ebay. I'd message the seller and ask how much it sold for:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125124896040?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338825302
Post 499 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
This CGC 9.8 sold yesterday on Ebay. I'd message the seller and ask how much it sold for:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125124896040?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338825302

GPA says it sold for $130.
Post 500 IP   flag post

Post 501 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator looks like it's time to raise the price.
Post 502 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@Scifinator looks like it's time to raise the price.

I'd message him back and tell him that if he doesn't want it for $83.80, that you will just raise the price tomorrow afternoon. Give him some time to consider.
Post 503 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O - i have no way to contact via MCS.
Post 504 IP   flag post
Decision - HOLD and price increased.
Post 505 IP   flag post
601333 564 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?