Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleFor Sale

SELL or HOLD?14118

Collector Mmanick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder
Sidenote.....one does have to wonder whether or not such prospective buyers visit this forum.[/b]

This thread could likely be queering, or otherwise hurting, sales of slabs shown within this thread.

I would counter that if any potential buyers do visit this forum they should speak up! I'm more inclined to accept an offer from a fellow boardie than not! (as long as it's reasonable)
I've asked different Ebay sellers if they were board members here or the cgc boards and have been blocked. I will buy from someone here any day over some one that is not a member. Ebay has been so hit an miss. I was just blocked by a seller when I asked him. Seller replied even if he was he wouldn't offer a discount even though his listing had the obo tab. Apparently lately hes had more interest in his book so he wasn't interested in any discounts.
Post 351 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
You may want to be careful asking. Apparently ebay monitors messaging and scans for folks trying to do off site purchases which hurts their bottom line.
Post 352 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
You may want to be careful asking. Apparently ebay monitors messaging and scans for folks trying to do off site purchases which hurts their bottom line.
I do and have been good to go so far. I've been burned by to many feebay sellers/scammers. Ebay is my last resort. I've been trying short boxed but most the of the stuff I look at over there is just so over priced.
Post 353 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmanick
Quote:
Quote:
Sidenote.....one does have to wonder whether or not such prospective buyers visit this forum.[/b]

This thread could likely be queering, or otherwise hurting, sales of slabs shown within this thread.

I would counter that if any potential buyers do visit this forum they should speak up! I'm more inclined to accept an offer from a fellow boardie than not! (as long as it's reasonable)
I've asked different Ebay sellers if they were board members here or the cgc boards and have been blocked. I will buy from someone here any day over some one that is not a member. Ebay has been so hit an miss. I was just blocked by a seller when I asked him. Seller replied even if he was he wouldn't offer a discount even though his listing had the obo tab. Apparently lately hes had more interest in his book so he wasn't interested in any discounts.

Why would a seller block you just because you asked about a discount?
Post 354 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Likely paranoid from smoking the reefer and worried that Big Brother is watching. Although I don't see how this could be a violation of Ebay's terms. @Mmanick Were you asking if they were a member of any forums or asking them to list the comic on the forum at a discount? I've also never been scammed on Ebay despite using the site as a buyer and seller for over 15 years. If that's the case, avoid Facebook, which I heard is scammer central. You can also try myslabs.com and maybe start a WTB list on this forum if you haven't done so already.

Post 355 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Personally I feel a bit odd moving off ebay to complete a transaction. I only did it once and I felt kinda dirty. But I really wanted the dang book and apparently that was only way I was going to get it. In retrospect, the purchase went fine and the value of the book has skyrocketed (marvel spotlight 5 cgc 8.5)
Post 356 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Likely paranoid from smoking the reefer and worried that Big Brother is watching. Although I don't see how this could be a violation of Ebay's terms. @Mmanick Were you asking if they were a member of any forums or asking them to list the comic on the forum at a discount? I've also never been scammed on Ebay despite using the site as a buyer and seller for over 15 years. If that's the case, avoid Facebook, which I heard is scammer central. You can also try myslabs.com and maybe start a WTB list on this forum if you haven't done so already.

I've had different books sent to me that weren't the ones pictured, I've had sellers send books not packed right that have been damaged. Some didnt even have a bag and board. I had a cracked slab twice already, I had at least five people never send anything. The majority of stuff I've bought were on the cgc boards. I'm new here and haven't bought much besides a statue. I have made WTB threads but no one has reached out yet. I asked if they were a member here or the cgc boards. I do it more for the comfort level and if I can get a discount great but I like to know who I'm dealing with and usually board members are about their reputations as opposed to many ebay sellers I have come across.
Post 357 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

they got offended I have no idea but it happened. I asked if they were a member here and what's the best they would do on a book. I put a obo in 25$ under the asking and then I was blocked. Whatever I guess and it's his loss and my gain as I found a board member who had the book at a better deal and I dont have to pay ebay fees. Some people want to make a deal others wanna run a museum.
Post 358 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Personally I feel a bit odd moving off ebay to complete a transaction. I only did it once and I felt kinda dirty. But I really wanted the dang book and apparently that was only way I was going to get it. In retrospect, the purchase went fine and the value of the book has skyrocketed (marvel spotlight 5 cgc 8.5)
I've done it as well. Some people prefer it that way. I don't feel bad as many other sales are happening and I've contributed to that platform before. Sometimes I'll ask what's the best they would do and they tell me to visit their own personal site and to email them. I've done both and only have done maybe five deals off ebay and all have went well.
Post 359 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

That!
Post 360 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

they got offended I have no idea but it happened. I asked if they were a member here and what's the best they would do on a book. I put a obo in 25$ under the asking and then I was blocked. Whatever I guess and it's his loss and my gain as I found a board member who had the book at a better deal and I dont have to pay ebay fees. Some people want to make a deal others wanna run a museum.

And we all know what happened to Steve Geppi.
Post 361 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And we all know what happened to Steve Geppi.
the diamond guy? I had to google him to make sure it was the right dude lol
Post 362 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Mmanick Yeah. His museum closed down. Kind of a bummer, I wanted to see it one day. It was featured on an episode of “Comic Book Men”, though. It was nice to at least get a glimpse of it.
Post 363 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@Mmanick Yeah. His museum closed down. Kind of a bummer, I wanted to see it one day. It was featured on an episode of “Comic Book Men”, though. It was nice to at least get a glimpse of it.

Didnt know that. I tried watching that show a few times but couldn't get into it.
Post 364 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I received an offer today on Black Panther #1 (2009) CBCS 9.8 Lashley variant of $225, listed for $260. This is the first cover appearance of Shuri as the Black Panther. She doesn't appear in the story until Black Panther #5, which is her first full appearance as the BP. It's rumored in an article that came out this week, that she'll be the BP in the next sequel. Not sure if I should hold or how much potential a 1st cover appearance has when she isn't even in the comic itself. Thanks!

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=53331981

I'm thinking of waiting until it sells for list price, since that seems reasonable. No need to give a discount with the book starting to heat up.
Post 365 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders - I would hold. If the Shuri spec comes to be, it will likely spike further. But, speculation is a risk.
Post 366 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders hold
Post 367 IP   flag post
I jumped the gun and sold already.
Post 368 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'm of the position, sell all expensive moderns and buy silver, gold and bronze.
Post 369 IP   flag post
Collector jesseaweiss private msg quote post Address this user
Not a comic, but comic page. I have a few and decided to see if they have any value since they haven't at any time in the past 30 yrs I checked. Well apparently pages from Romita Jr's Daredevil run are rare and even more rarely go up for sale.

The thread blew up with some trying to low ball, but also some hefty offers. They started at $1,500 yesterday and the latest is $5k. A page sold for $7,800 this year but it has Typhoid Mary on it so probably worth more than mine. I sent images to Heritage for a free appraisal as it's possible it's worth more than $5k from what I'm told.

Given the rarity, etc... I wouldn't be surprised if it continued to go up in value over time, but there's a risk it will go down and $5k is a ton.

So... sell or hold?
Post 370 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I have a run of 1 - 106 plus Annual 1 and 3 of Daredevil the 1998 Series.
Also Spawn 1 - 125

I'm going to be selling both as a lot.

What do you think...try and sell now or wait a bit?
Post 371 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Sooo....sell/hold/counter??

Looks like I'm the 2nd cheapest 6.5 on ebay with mine having white pages vs cream

Had a few auto decline attempts...maybe $595 as counter??

Pretty sure FMV is much lower but then again...there ain't many of these out there (even in this condition)

Tempted to hold for asking price....I sold a 7.0 for almost $100 less in March! - this book seems to be moving up...ever so slowly....but up

Post 372 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics I would counter with $605 thinking he'll counter that...ending somewhere around $585-$595

In your counter offer...remind him of the white pages.
Post 373 IP   flag post
@KatKomics - I would hold. White pages and offer already within striking distance.
Post 374 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
.I sold a 7.0 for almost $100 less in March!

Being the buyer of your 7.0, I think it's an undervalued book that has somewhat seen it's day in the recent past and will likely see it's day again. I'm seeing more and more rotation from Marvel to DC semi-keys as the value spread between them increased so much this year.
Post 375 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Any ideas on these one?

I can't find the Suicide Squad variant listed on GoCollect but haven't done much more looking than that yet.

I thought maybe w/ the new movie coming out it might be worth putting up.

Doctor Who

Sherlock (BBC Show)

Thanks!
Post 376 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I just don't understand people I guess....

I have an ASM 361 CBCS 9.6 at MCS asking $496.

Now I know that's higher than FMV and I purposely put it there so no one would look at it until I drop it into an auction closer to the movie release date.....that said...I'm still the 3rd least expensive 9.6 at MCS (of 15 - so 12 more higher than mine).

Some one just offered $300...now it auto rejected...but really?? $300?? 90 day GPS is $471, last week MCS sold one at auction for $449!! I mean maybe offer a bit less than FMV but like 60/65% of FMV.

As a rule I'll accept asking less shipping so that the total price someone pays was the original asking price (that's what I do 90% of the time!) and I'll even do that down to a reasonable level...but $300 when FMV is $470?

Oh well.....just need to sit on it a while longer then into auction it goes...unless someone offers $450ish!!!
Post 377 IP   flag post
Seems like they offered near the low end sale in the last month. The miswrap on this one is far worse than the one on yours though and the seller has some recent negative feedback which probably didn't help. I think you should counter at $450, since there is another 9.6 newsstand copy at $475 that should be selling higher than the direct. Maybe ask MCS to buff & polish that slab as well or maybe a CBCS rep can spend the week there polishing their entire CBCS inventory.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334065856890?nma=true&si=r3CYIqKbOvNoFU3dRvKnyLv7Bt8%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edit: There's actually a 9.6 newsstand for $399.95 at MCS. That seller is screwing it up for everyone else by offering a newsstand copy for that low.

Also this newsstand 9.6 sold for $346 on Ebay. It's a great copy and is one of the rare ones that doesn't have a miswrap. Not sure why anyone is selling this low, especially considering the recently released dreck that is going for more than this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265245578211?nma=true&si=r3CYIqKbOvNoFU3dRvKnyLv7Bt8%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Post 378 IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics they're probably trying to make up for CBCS not having a discount code this month.
Post 379 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics cheapskates looking for the quick flip closer to the movie date.
Post 380 IP   flag post
601358 564 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?