Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleFor Sale

SELL or HOLD?14118

Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
I have recently heard that the show has once again been greenlighted for production but that certain creators will not be attached/asked back to the show due to harming the brand and relaunch.
Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@ComicHoarder read the article, I wasn't aware of any of that, seems like a decent price and at I'm glad it's the only Ren & Stimpy collectible I own after learning about one of the shows creators.

I wouldn't say that, @flanders .....

The problem isn't creators in the plural sense, it is the one creator, J.K.....the reboot producers made a point to NOT include that individual in the production of the reboot, in any way.

J.K. was also fired from the show back in 1992, for not making deadlines.... well before the allegations of "grooming underage childen" became public. I've no idea if the allegations are true, but if true, J.K. is indeed a morally reprehensible individual.

The public backlash, in the form of the petition with 11k+ signatures, still reportedley got the reboot stopped.

I just did another search per @buckets posted and it looks like more recent news from 1/1/2021 indicates the reboot is moving forward, see link 1 below.

So my post last night about being fine w/taking $255 may not be the best advice.

That said, the comic market is in a speculatory bubble , similiar to the 1990's spen boom/bust cycle...the bubble going to last and the impact of online sales tax laws 2 being greatly increased for anyone who sells just over $600/yea takes effect in 1/1/2022....which cannot be good for the collectibles market.

It'd likely be short, given the tax code will effectively put most smaller comic dealers outta business. In a way, that's good for the comic market,dang near everyone who buys comics at shops & cons is now also a flipper, the spec bubble only increased that.

Tough to price this book but I'd be happy walking away with , at the minimum gross sale price of $350 for a slabbed 9.8 NS right now, after fees , I think a NS in 9.8 of this book is realistically worth a 10-15% premium above a direct slabbed 9.8...the GPA high is $298, so $350 in newsstand 9.8 is fair.

Than again,it's been over 6 months since the positive news about the reboot below, which appears to be the most recent...the reboot producers have done a good job of distancing themselves from J.K.

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/billy-west-says-ren-stimpy-reboot-still-on-at-comedy-central-200451.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/26/its-going-to-get-harder-to-avoid-telling-the-irs-about-income-from-online-sales.html
Post 327 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Thinking of selling this but have no idea on how to price it...maybe just auction??...or....could always put it back on the shelf!

Post 328 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics I don't think it would do well at auction but since it's a minor key with the first app of Old Man Logan I'd price it at $300 obo and see what happens. Cover A seems more popular and has been selling for $175-$225 unsigned.
Post 329 IP   flag post
Quote:
@KatKomics I don't think it would do well at auction but since it's a minor key with the first app of Old Man Logan I'd price it at $300 obo and see what happens. Cover A seems more popular and has been selling for $175-$225 unsigned.

far too low - lol!!! back on the shelf it goes!!!
Post 330 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I had a Spawn #220 Collector's Special Variant listed for $199 obo on ebay and it sold for the asking price. I'm a bit confused since they are other copies available, including one on MCS for $110. It's a newer ebay account but a 22 feeback score, no seller feedback, only buyer. Should I not worry about a possible return for buyer's remorse and just ship the thing?

Post 331 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes people pay stupid prices for things. I did it last month because I was tired and wasn't paying attention. I followed through even after making tbe mistake because my word is my bond. =(
Post 332 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders If his feedback is 100%, I see no alternative other than shipping the book & hoping for the best.
Post 333 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

far too low - lol!!! back on the shelf it goes!!!

Agreed, 3 bills is too low.

GPA high is $500.

Below is copy/pasted GPA for this variant in 9.8 with Trimpe's sig, from the year before movie hype for Old Man Logan kicked in on this book Hasn't been a sale of this slab since 2018, and the last sale was at $372....leads me to think that there isnt an abundant of SS TRimpe's of this slab for sale or they are priced using the peak Herbe SS pricing, spiked around the time the last Wolverine movie came out and the movie hype pricing for this book....both of which have long subsided.

I'd put it at $435 + shipping, to start.

Year Number High Low
2018 4 $372 $125
2017 4 $178 $98
2016 1 $500 $500
2015 9 $203 $44
2014 10 $86 $33
Post 334 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Listed at $331
Offer Received - $218 (nope, not gonna doit, not prudent) SNL Fans?

GoCollect FMV = $240
GPA 3mo Avg 3 sales = $254

Key facts - 1st issue w/ direct only sales, Jusko/Miller cover, TV Series & possible Midnight Sons MCU

SELL with a counter or HOLD at 30% above market?
Post 335 IP   flag post
@Scifinator last CGC sale was $244, last CBCS sales of $150 and $164. You have the only 9.8 listing on MCS or Ebay at the moment and I don't see it anywhere else online. I'd counter at $300 and consider selling for $275.
Post 336 IP   flag post
@Scifinator

You've the only 9.8 available on eBay on a black cover book of a hot title; listed at $331 on MCS and mirrored on eBay at $380.

$331 is already a "discount" to ebay's price, to the buyers' perspective.

GPA high is at $425 and to my count, 7 CGC 9.8's have sold above $300.

Recent slab sold at $335, you've the only 9.8 available...why cut a deal?

Odds are MK will get his own show.

Looks like the book shot up in early 2019 when the first MK netflix rumors kicked in hard and has settled since than. It's now on the low end but will return.

I'd say $331 (thru MCS) or $350 on ebay takes it.

GPA with 2019 broken down:

2021 3 $335 $185
2020 17 $270 $125
2019 8 $425 $220
Nov-25 $340 2061958010
Nov-23 $365 2077281022
Oct-02 $220 2032597005
Sep-09 $425 1292788014
Jun-27 $303 2032846017
Mar-14 $275 2015619020
Feb-21 $305 1300384008
Feb-06 $305
Post 337 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@ComicHoarder - Great info and detail, Thanks. Forgot that sales of this comic were previously that high. Thinking I will probably full price counter and if person doesn't buy, I may just end up increasing price and turn off offers this is my favorite MK cover anyway.
Post 338 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@ComicHoarder - Great info and detail, Thanks. Forgot that sales of this comic were previously that high. Thinking I will probably full price counter and if person doesn't buy, I may just end up increasing price and turn off offers this is my favorite MK cover anyway.

NP, but yeah....I also wouldn't turn down 300 on MCS for the slab, either.

After I typed that response, I was curious (I saved about a full run of unprocessed dealer stock of 1980's MK's from bulk buys years ago in my basement waiting to be pressed and slabbed) so I looked up the slab on ebay and saw other issues under & around #15 on ebay in CGC 9.8 slabs sitting with a bunch of watchers at $150....

On second thought....I'd counter at $315 , than if he passed, counter at 315, than 300 if needed.

If another 9.8 hits ebay before yours sells, ya dont wanna get left holding the bag if another seller puts it up low and it sells, thus driving recent GPA down more.
Post 339 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder - i countered @ 331 twice and they re-countered at 240 and 260.
Post 340 IP   flag post
Sell or Hold??

New Gods #1 CBCS 7.0

Asking $180

Offer $162

Post 341 IP   flag post
@KatKomics I don't think the average fmv will be going down so I'd hold until you get the $180 for it. It has a great wrap and white pages, so it should sell on the higher end of 7.0s. Maybe consider raising the price to $200 obo and accept $180.

Then again, I tend to have this mentality on most of my books and they sit around unpurchased for months.
Post 342 IP   flag post
@KatKomics - New sonicweld encasement for first issue, i would hold for asking or maybe even increase as @flanders suggested.
Post 343 IP   flag post
It's already priced too low.

I wouldn't take less than 200 + shipping for it.
Post 344 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
GPA has the ninety day average for it at 163, so that offer is right in line with current market really. Flip side, these books wont be going down in price and are undervalued so alot depends on your own need and wants
Post 345 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics it's a fair offer but personally, I think all of Kirby's fourth world is undervalued.
Post 346 IP   flag post
Quote:
@KatKomics I don't think the average fmv will be going down so I'd hold until you get the $180 for it. It has a great wrap and white pages, so it should sell on the higher end of 7.0s. Maybe consider raising the price to $200 obo and accept $180.

Then again, I tend to have this mentality on most of my books and they sit around unpurchased for months.

In no hurry right now..but it it HAS been at MCS for 8 days (lol!!).....guess I can always reject and raise!!
Post 347 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
GPA has the ninety day average for it at 163, so that offer is right in line with current market really. Flip side, these books wont be going down in price and are undervalued so alot depends on your own need and wants

Correct but the average doesn't always serve as the most accurate FMV say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@ComicHoarder - i countered @ 331 twice and they re-countered at 240 and 260.

I bet they will pay 300; I'd counter at 300.

Sidenote.....one does have to wonder whether or not such prospective buyers visit this forum.

This thread could likely be queering, or otherwise hurting, sales of slabs shown within this thread.
Post 348 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder
Sidenote.....one does have to wonder whether or not such prospective buyers visit this forum.[/b]

This thread could likely be queering, or otherwise hurting, sales of slabs shown within this thread.

I would counter that if any potential buyers do visit this forum they should speak up! I'm more inclined to accept an offer from a fellow boardie than not! (as long as it's reasonable)
Post 349 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder - I had contemplated that when I started this thread, but i think on practice, you would need several forum members to act in concert to manipulate decisions and after lurking here for a year before becoming active the past year and half, I don’t have the sense that the members are of that mindset.

Another thing is that i pretty much offer forum members a 22% or so discount on my listings.
Post 350 IP   flag post
Collector Mmanick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Sidenote.....one does have to wonder whether or not such prospective buyers visit this forum.[/b]

I would counter that if any potential buyers do visit this forum they should speak up! I'm more inclined to accept an offer from a fellow boardie than not! (as long as it's reasonable)
I've asked different Ebay sellers if they were board members here or the cgc boards and have been blocked. I will buy from someone here any day over some one that is not a member. Ebay has been so hit an miss. I was just blocked by a seller when I asked him. Seller replied even if he was he wouldn't offer a discount even though his listing had the obo tab. Apparently lately hes had more interest in his book so he wasn't interested in any discounts.
Post 351 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
You may want to be careful asking. Apparently ebay monitors messaging and scans for folks trying to do off site purchases which hurts their bottom line.
Post 352 IP   flag post
Collector Mmanick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
You may want to be careful asking. Apparently ebay monitors messaging and scans for folks trying to do off site purchases which hurts their bottom line.
I do and have been good to go so far. I've been burned by to many feebay sellers/scammers. Ebay is my last resort. I've been trying short boxed but most the of the stuff I look at over there is just so over priced.
Post 353 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmanick
Quote:
Quote:

I've asked different Ebay sellers if they were board members here or the cgc boards and have been blocked. I will buy from someone here any day over some one that is not a member. Ebay has been so hit an miss. I was just blocked by a seller when I asked him. Seller replied even if he was he wouldn't offer a discount even though his listing had the obo tab. Apparently lately hes had more interest in his book so he wasn't interested in any discounts.

Why would a seller block you just because you asked about a discount?
Post 354 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmanick
Quote:
Quote:

Why would a seller block you just because you asked about a discount?

Likely paranoid from smoking the reefer and worried that Big Brother is watching. Although I don't see how this could be a violation of Ebay's terms. @Mmanick Were you asking if they were a member of any forums or asking them to list the comic on the forum at a discount? I've also never been scammed on Ebay despite using the site as a buyer and seller for over 15 years. If that's the case, avoid Facebook, which I heard is scammer central. You can also try myslabs.com and maybe start a WTB list on this forum if you haven't done so already.

Post 355 IP   flag post
601440 564 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?