Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleFor Sale

SELL or HOLD?14118

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Had an idea for a possible ongoing thread for fellow forum members who are selling comics to get feedback on from all forum members who care to chime in.

Basically, if We/I receive an offer in MCS, eBay, etc., that maybe we are on the fence on or FOMO for some reason, post here for vote/feedback.

So, with that, i will put up the first item for the forum to chime in on.

Was offered $900. Sell or Hold?




Decision - HOLD
Post 1 IP   flag post
I got 99 problems, but a hurricane ain't one. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Usually there is a drop after the movie is shown in theaters.

It may go up before then but usually you can expect a dip unless the movie is awesome and they announce a sequel right away.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Personally I would hold. Preliminary movie trailers haven't even been released yet. My thoughts are that full audience potential has not been hit yet...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user
normally I would say sell and buy a bunch of THOR (Jane Foster) #1s and some GOD OF THUNDER #25s to slab and flip closer to the movie but the market is so nuts that I don't know what to sell or hold anymore.
Post 4 IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
gocollect has it as a $800 book; I can only find one recent 9.8 sale on eBay and it was $1000. So it seems like a fair offer as far as it goes.

I'm with @drchaos in terms of hype pricing; it could go up again when trailers start to drop, but it might not. It probably will go down after the movie comes out and the hype dies down. I think on the whole I'd be inclined to take it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure of the timing of if you should hold or sell but at some point I would definitely sell. I would use those funds to help finance a bigger silver age book.

Personally, if I had that book and got a $900 offer, I'd sell in a heartbeat.
Post 6 IP   flag post
TRA LA LA esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator -

Last 5 sales for 9.8 according to Go Collect:

2/17 $999.99
1/31 $850.00
10/31 $1,000.00
10/5 &1,125.00
10/4 $999.99
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Hold any Marvel key. Wait it out.
I would go so far as to remove the listing and eat beans for awhile.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
Take the money and run.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I would hold until one of the trailers is released, that will likely hit max value...if they follow the storyline of Foster, it'll see a huge dip once spoilers / release weekend.


The high spike's Ed notes are from when Portman was rumored and announced as returning....book will see those numbers again once trailer hits showing her in the costume.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Decision made. Holding at the $1,200 price that I had listed. Based on last 5 months of avg sales and waiting for trailer. Thanks all for the Sell and Hold input.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Next up...

A week ago, was offered $2,984 that I did not take and I think that person bought a similar graded SS off of ebay minutes later. Also note, that on Feb 1st, this was sold on Ebay (at $2,900) and returned due to the scuff on the top front right of the slab.

Now, I am being offered $3,400. BUY or HOLD!



Decision - SELL
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Sell at 500 over current GPA and reinivest in a lesser copy with enough left over to buy yet another key
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
as someone who has multiple copies of that What If book it sure would be great if it goes up even more but $1000 for a 1978 book sure sounds like cheddar to me. I would probably sell both and buy OA
Post 14 IP   flag post
TRA LA LA esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Sell yours, and then make me an offer I can't refuse for mine!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Next up...

A week ago, was offered $2,984 that I did not take and I think that person bought a similar graded SS off of ebay minutes later. Also note, that on Feb 1st, this was sold on Ebay (at $2,900) and returned due to the scuff on the top front right of the slab.

Now, I am being offered $3,400. BUY or HOLD!


Post 15 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 16 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
wow!!!!! take the money and run!!!!
mind you...looks like a 9.6 SS went for $3.7 on Feb 1st!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Decision made. Holding at the $1,200 price that I had listed. Based on last 5 months of avg sales and waiting for trailer. Thanks all for the Sell and Hold input.


I think that’s a good call. I think $1,200 will probably be too low once the trailers come out. I tend to believe that the fruit isn’t fully ripe until the previews are being discussed. I would have a harder time passing up the offer on the Signature book.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics - nope, that info is wrong. That was mine i accepted an offer for 2900 but the buyer returned due to scuff.

But i have decided to SELL.

Thanks all
Post 19 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
What does the distinguished panel of CBCS Forum judges have to say about 9.6 ASM 361 Second print w/offer of $158? SELL or HOLD?




Decision made - HOLD
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
$189 is fair for now (current sales listed below), but seeing how the first print has absolutely exploded in value, I think the FOMO crowd may turn to the 2nd print, soon. In the long run, $189 seems too low. To me, that is.




Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
What does the distinguished panel of CBCS Forum judges have to say about 9.6 ASM 361 Second print w/offer of $158? SELL or HOLD?




HOLD.
Venom 2 hype is just getting started, and features Carnage as the villain. 1st prints have shot up massively in last 2 months, 2nd prints have just now started following suit.
I’ve got 2 copies of this book still and I’m holding on for the trailer hype.

FYI, i sold a 9.4 at $121 about a month ago, I kinda wish I’d have held it.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Next up - Omega Men #3 9.8 received offer of $224 - SELL or HOLD? (note, i have 9.8 and full run in my permanent collection




Decision - HOLD & Raised price to $300
Post 23 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator hold and post again if you get an offer of $300 or more. Looks like you should raise your price especially considering how cheap shipping is through MCS:


Post 24 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders - “@Scifinator hold and post again if you get an offer of $300 or more. Looks like you should raise your price especially considering how cheap shipping is through MCS”

I was thinking the same thing. I think it spiked again after recent GoCollect blog.
Post 25 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I like this thread....it should be an ongoing.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC - agreed, hoping others will come on board.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I was updating my inventory and it looks like all things Simpsons related are blowing up. If you have any graded copies for sale you may want to reprice them.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Lol, the only simpsons i had, was a 9.2 bartman/radioactive man ashcan and it sold a month ago for $55. Thnx though.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Not gonna ask about the $45 offer on 9.8 ASM 374.

But, SELL or HOLD @ $35 MM1 9.0 ow/w? Note, i have a 9.8 in my permanent collection.




Decision - Countered @ $42
Post 30 IP   flag post
496725 564 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.