Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Restoration and Conservation

Smaller Comic Boxes14115

Collector PovRow private msg quote post Address this user
I’m trying to find what would basically be a 1/4 box to store comics. Something that holds say 50-75 books. I have short boxes that hold app 150 but am reorganizing and want to store smaller boxes in a bookshelf. I have checked the usual places to no avail. Any thoughts on this would be really helpful. All my books are in Mylite 2 with fullbacks. Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm also looking for shorter boxes. Getting older and need something easier to handle.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I’m not aware of a standard product in the size you’re looking for. Seems the next item down brings you to the portfolios which hold maybe 20 or so books and are normally used for transportation but fit on a shelf

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector helsabot private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a link to bags unlimited site, it looks like there have smaller size boxes, maybe what you are looking for.

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/category/55/comic-storage-boxes
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by helsabot
Here is a link to bags unlimited site, it looks like there have smaller size boxes, maybe what you are looking for.

wow!! that's a great site!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I like Bags Unlimited. They have a lot of great collector stuff. I buy from them frequently.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by helsabot

I’m liking that flip-top box
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I’m not aware of a standard product in the size you’re looking for. Seems the next item down brings you to the portfolios which hold maybe 20 or so books and are normally used for transportation but fit on a shelf

I used to have a few of these, and I love them. I don't remember how many books they held (wasn't a lot) since my books were in Mylites2/Fullbacks... and I think Silver Age was the largest size. I highly recommend them if you just want your books contained and placed on a shelf,... and without exposure to light.
Post 8 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
At 87, smaller boxes are for me!

Marty
Post 9 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Off topic somewhat but doesn't deserve its own thread.

Bought corrugated plastic boxes from bags unlimited. They screwed up the order. Rather than having me send back the mistake they are giving it to me to do what I please and sending me the missing boxes.

Lady was extremely pleasant and easy to work with. I've bought from them in tbe past with zero issues and glad to know when there is an issue they take care of their customers.

At the end of the day, I got 5 free corrugated plastic graded comic boxes.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - Now you have an excuse to submit more books for grading!
Post 11 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Funny you should mention that. I just submitted a fairly large order. =)

My real dilemma is I have about 75 remaining copies of Spider-man 2099 1 sitting around. The book keeps going up in value and pretty soon it will exceed the 200$ threshold before going into the next tier. Problem is I don't have the money to grade all these books unless I sell something....

=(
Post 12 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

Bought corrugated plastic boxes from bags unlimited. They screwed up the order. Rather than having me send back the mistake they are giving it to me to do what I please and sending me the missing boxes.

Lady was extremely pleasant and easy to work with. I've bought from them in tbe past with zero issues and glad to know when there is an issue they take care of their customers.

That's awesome!! I just placed an order with them yesterday for 2 plastic corrugated short boxes.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

That's awesome!! I just placed an order with them yesterday for 2 plastic corrugated short boxes.

If finances allow, it better to buy in multiples of 5. Especially since you will always need more. As Ed put it, you need a place to put all your new found stuff
Post 14 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

If finances allow, it better to buy in multiples of 5. Especially since you will always need more. As Ed put it, you need a place to put all your new found stuff

Thanks! I'll see if I can contact them and adjust. Cheers for the info! 🍻
Post 15 IP   flag post
Just ordered 10 compact plastic corrugated comic storage boxes
from BAGS UNLIMITED...$9.85 each. Looks like my Summer will be
spent re-boxing my collection.

Marty
Post 16 IP   flag post
Update on the corrugatrd box order. The magazine sized boxes will fit a TMNT Last Ronin book but you have to do it sideways. It's not a huge deal since I only have a few books at the moment, but I guess I should have measured the book and compared it to box dimensions before buying the boxes.

Post 17 IP   flag post
First re-boxing...FAWCETT PUBLICATIONS...ANIMAL FAIR #1 to
WOW COMICS #40.
Post 18 IP   flag post
600864 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?