Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPQuestions

CBCS Website Help141

Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
I did not know where to post this, so I started a thread for website help/questions. I was told that if you are submitting a large group of books at a show, it would be helpful to print out the submission forms, and have them filled out ahead of time. It is probable just me, but I cannot find a submission form to print out. LOL... So, any help would be great, Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
President SteveBorock private msg quote post Address this user
Call the toll free CBCS # and they will be more than happy to help you out.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks Steve. I will get to that in the morning.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Have you ever submitted to CBCS before?

I am thinking they may be meaning to go ahead and submit the books yourself online, then print the submission form out to turn in with your books.

If submitting a lot of comics, this would save a ton of time.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I have only submitted in person, one time, and it was only four books. This year, I will have about 24 - 30 books to submit at the show.
Post 5 IP   flag post
So submitting online, and printing out the forms would save a lot of time.

Once you fill out and submit the books online you will get a invoice to print out to turn in with your books.
Post 6 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Darryl is correct. For the quickest service, do the online invoice for your books as if you were mailing the submission in.

Instead of mailing them, bring your books and printed invoice to the show and give them to us at the CBCS booth.

It's not mandatory, but it will speed your submission up significantly.
Post 7 IP   flag post
So, I could do this no matter what service I am getting, and I if I have books getting submitted both on a Friday and Saturday? I ask because I will have books getting signed, on Friday, and a few sketch covers to pick up on Saturday.

Maybe I would do all of the books that will not be getting signed online, because if a creator cancels, I would obviously not get that book submitted. I also planned on getting one of the memberships.

I am sorry for all of this, I just want to make sure I get it done correctly. I am still pretty new to this part of the comic book collecting world.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
You can still do all your invoices online in advance, even for the books getting signed as long as you can estimate the day you will get them signed (usually sat or sun for cons). that way everything is good to go and all you have to do is drop off your books with the finished invoice. If any of the creators happen to cancel, you can always cross that Item out on the invoice and not submit it (and maybe just let the CBCS rep know that you did that when dropping off at the booth).
Post 9 IP   flag post
Don't be sorry, ask away. Your questions are good ones, and this is a great place to get the answers.

You can pre-fill out the submission form online, and if a Talent cancels CBCS can always help you update the submission form at the booth.

Just submit them all Saturday once you get all your books back.

Are you a Approved witness for this event?
Post 10 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, if you put the books and sigs on the invoice and something happens, we can make edits at the booth.
Post 11 IP   flag post
No, I am not an approved witness. I wish I was, it would make this process a lot easier. LOL. I was just going to do this year like I did last year. Someone followed me to get my books signed. the reason I would not be able to all of the books on Saturday is because it is a pretty full day for me. I am also a volunteer at this show, so some of my time will be for that. Zach already told me in an email that I can submit books on different days, and I have to let them know that the books from the second day will go with the invoice from the first. He suggested that I just do everything at the show, that way I can make sure the membership perks get applied where I want them to.
Post 12 IP   flag post
600777 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?