Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

My 3 Ebay listings if anyone is interested14072

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I put up 3 Ebay listings on Friday night. If anyone is interested in buying or referring a friend I will discount a direct purchase. 10% off the TMNT 1, and 20% off the Raphael and Star Wars 68. For the Turtles books I'm going to stick with the $40 insured Registered mail, I really like the White Glove shipping not getting my boxes crushed in shipping. I will ship to Canada at cost if we can insure them or buyer agrees to take the risk:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1-Mirage-1985-CGC-9-6-3rd-Print-1st-Turtles/143969496415?hash=item2185402d5f:g:qyoAAOSwvPpgQtxI
Forum Price $2655 + $40

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Raphael-CGC-9-0-First-Printing-Mirage-Studios1985/143969498988?hash=item218540376c:g:e3wAAOSwDYJgQt-P
Forum Price $1,000 + $40

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-68-1ST-APP-MANDALORIAN-CBCS-Raw-Grade-9-4-2ND-APP-BOBA-FETT/133684204425?hash=item1f20331389:g:NiIAAOSwx1dgQu4X
Forum Price $460 + $15

I'm also open to trading for slabbed Silver Age Minor-keys adding up to similar values.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I am very impressed with the fact you put the CGC Graders Notes within your listing.
I don't know why others don't do this since they're not free over there, but it's a great idea.

Great books you got there!
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 You are not allowed to disclose CGC Graders Notes for commercial purposes. Not judging one way or the other, just stating CGC's policy.

clickable text
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Nuffsaid111 You are not allowed to disclose CGC Graders Notes for commercial purposes. Not judging one way or the other, just stating CGC's policy.

clickable text

Really? I didn't know that! Thank you.
Does CBCS have the same policy with listings?
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

clickable text

I don't think so. I believe CGC forbids releasing Graders Notes for commercial purposes because one has to pay CGC to view them. CBCS offers Graders Notes free as part of the grading service.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

clickable text

I don't think so. I believe CGC forbids releasing Graders Notes for commercial purposes because one has to pay CGC to view them. CBCS offers Graders Notes free as part of the grading service.

Interesting. Learn something new everyday.
I suppose if a CGC listing was listed in one's own words as if "Here are the defects I observe with the book"; that'd be ok. One would then own the content as one's own observations.

In any event, good info.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

clickable text

Interesting. Learn something new everyday.
I suppose if a CGC listing was listed in one's own words as if "Here are the defects I observe with the book"; that'd be ok. One would then own the content as one's own observations.

In any event, good info.

That's probably the best way to go. I can't imagine CGC will do anything anyway but I suppose they can as it is outlined in their T&C not to disclose notes. That's what I would probably do. 🍻
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I am very impressed with the fact you put the CGC Graders Notes within your listing.
I don't know why others don't do this since they're not free over there, but it's a great idea.

Great books you got there!

+1 on that!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

clickable text

That’s ridiculous.

What’s next, can’t use the “grade” for commercial purposes?
Post 9 IP   flag post
@CaptainCanuck Agreed! Not sure how they can enforce it. If you bought them are they not yours? But, that is their policy.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
WOW GREAT BOOKS!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord
WOW GREAT BOOKS!

@starlord Thanks, they're just some fortunate survivors from 1988-1989 when I was living at home and working almost full time. That's when my initial phase of collecting hit a high point.

@GAC I never considered that an owner would not be able to use the grader notes for selling. If I am doing something wrong I will probably find out soon enough since Ebay is also the land of envious snitches. But a made a few alterations to the wording.
Post 12 IP   flag post
The best part of these listings is that I got to call my dad tonight and have this conversation: "You know those boxes of comics that sat under the stairs from 1989-2005? The ones that the neighbor kids would come over and read with my little brother after I moved out of the house? I just listed one on Ebay for almost $3,000! He got a kick out of that.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I was watching the Rafael 1 out of curiosity. Did you end up selling off Ebay?
Post 14 IP   flag post
@flanders I’m leaving town for a week. I didn’t want to try to figure out the vacation message so I just took the three listings down while I’m out of town.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1-Mirage-1985-CGC-9-6-3rd-Print-1st-Turtles/143969496415?hash=item2185402d5f:g:qyoAAOSwvPpgQtxI
Forum Price $2655 $40

Time for a price drop: TMNT 3rd Print #1 CGC 9.6 Forum price $2,390 shipped US. Canadian or International buyers pay shipping and give me shipping instructions.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

clickable text

For “personal use”. Ebaymafia is personally using the CGC notes that is for a personal books in a listing made personally🤓 #loopholes
Post 17 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I was watching the Raphael #1 out of curiosity. Did it sell or did you have a change of heart?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I was watching the Raphael #1 out of curiosity. Did it sell or did you have a change of heart?

I've decided it's the one Turtles book that I'm going to keep longer term.

Still offering #1 3rd print to Forum members at $2390 shipped. Slightly more for International:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Post 19 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
What’s the old saying? CGC can suck Deez whaaaa?
Post 20 IP   flag post
One More on Ebay, Captain America 117 CGC 6.5 White Pages:
Forum price $870 shipped US. Canadian Buyers $855 plus exact shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-117-CGC-6-5-White-Pgs-1st-Appearance-Sam-Wilson-The-Falcon-MCU/133721795310?epid=85470922&hash=item1f2270aaee:g:saEAAOSwObZgcRL6
Post 21 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia increase your price to $1000 or more on Ebay.

Post 22 IP   flag post
@flanders Alright, you've convinced me that it's too cheap, lol. Raising my prices. US Forum price $870 shipped.
Post 23 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders

That's very cool of you watching out for forum members....
Post 24 IP   flag post
@Bronte thanks! I've been trying to help out where I can lately. I hope you weren't planning on purchasing that before the price hike.
Post 25 IP   flag post
By the way, here's a 7.0 under $1,000 if purchased direct from the Dave and Adams site. Best price I've found for that grade:

https://www.dacardworld.com/comic-books/captain-america-117-cgc-7-0-ow-w-3796320004
Post 26 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders

No. I hadn't planned on it. I need to actually sell stuff I'm so poor.... lol
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@flanders

No. I hadn't planned on it. I need to actually sell stuff I'm so poor.... lol

@Bronte lol, you have books that are worth more than half of the cars I've ever owned. I've found that downgrading rather than just outright selling can help with the FOMO. When I sold my 9.8 first appearance of Starlord for $2K I bought a 9.0 at the same time for $300. I wish I had done the same when I sold my Hulk 181 and many other books.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

You have a very valid point. Although I have a psych degree, it seems you know my motivations better than I do.

I could solve all my money problems in one shot if I sold a hulk 181. I was looking at my lowest grade 8.5 and a copy last sold for over 12k. I would still have a 9.0 and a 9.6 so I wouldn't be missing out too much...

Edit

Those 12k sells were white pages. I might get 8500 for mine. Which would still solve my issues though...
Post 29 IP   flag post
Bit the bullet and put up my lowest grade hulk 181 to see if it can sell. I put it up for a higher than normal amount since it has an old cgc label. Hopefully that means something to someone.....
Post 30 IP   flag post
598060 31 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?