Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleComics Silver AgeFor Sale

Silver Surfer #1 activity/spike14026

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I have had a flurry of offers at higher than typical prices, and when i checked on ebay, i noticed a lot of new Silver Surfer #1 volume 1 listings and again at higher prices.

Is this just carryover speculation or did i miss some recent news?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Ironwill75 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator I’ve no idea what’s going on, all prices have gone mad. I’ve been trying to pick a Silver surfer 1 up for ages, I owed a nice copy years ago but flogged it. Trying to get even a nice mid range is like trying to find Hens teeth. The prices are sky high even for low grade tat.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
It could also be due to the fact that speculation about the WandaVision series has jacked up the prices of Silver Surfer #3 (First appearance of Mephisto) to the point that mid-grade copies of #3 are currently more expensive than mid-grade #1's. So then prices of #1's have to increase too to adjust to the spike of #3's.

PS - Look at recent sale prices of X-Men #4 and you will really see the power of WandaVision.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
It could also be due to the fact that speculation about the WandaVision series has jacked up the prices of Silver Surfer #3 (First appearance of Mephisto) to the point that mid-grade copies of #3 are currently more expensive than med-grade #1's. So then prices of #1's have to increase too to adjust to the spike of #3's.

PS - Look at recent sale prices of X-Men #4 and you will really see the power of WandaVision.

I think what’s more impressive is how WCA 45 and the first appearance of Sword have shot through the roof.

That X-Men issue at least doubled in value. Not that X-Men 4 hasn’t, but it was already a key, these others, not so much.

I wonder how long this goes on?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo - interesting word play “power of WandaVision”. @Jabberwookie - “I wonder how long this goes on”....Exactly what I am wondering.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
and when WandaVision ends?
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito my opinion on this (like any movies etc.) is that when it ends, the values of these book will be higher than their values before the TV/Movie announcement but lower than their highest values during the time of broadcast/theatre run.
Post 7 IP   flag post
598080 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?