Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop CultureWant to Buy

Off Topic: WTB Marx Creature from the Black Lagoon”13993

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody have a lead on an original Blue 6” Marx Creature figure?

There are some on e-bay but most are painted or in poor condition. The 2nd release, Orange version would be ok as a placeholder.

I know there are some toy guys on here, so, if you know anybody with a nice one, please let me know. This is for my PC, not resale. Thanks guys!

Pic for reference:

Post 1 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, that's a detailed figure. From the monster set I only have the orange Quasimodo.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim good luck - that figure looks super cool!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I was under the impression the blue and orange released pretty much almost the same time ...rather than in seperate releases.
I had the orange creature as a kid and loved it so much I destroyed it playing with it....back in the nineties I replaced it with one off ebay but not looking to sell. I do know that the Orange creature was something I had before 1970 and was given me sometime in the sixties.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Orange was the 2nd release, but yes, it’s definitely vintage 60’s.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Got one thanks to a lead from @daywalker. I’ll post a pic once I have it in-hand. 👍🏼

Thanks, guys!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Got one thanks to a lead from @daywalker. I’ll post a pic once I have it in-hand. 👍🏼

Thanks, guys!

In that case-

Marx appreciation take over!

On the 2nd shelf I have identical cowboys (different colors) thinking about gunning down Quasimodo- Chief Tan Run tries to intervene.
On the other side of the Royer Demon sketch card I have a few Astronauts.

OT- That Bill Walsh Finding the Winning Edge on the top shelf was a big surprise. I purchased it at the local Barnes & Noble while looking for Ronnie Lott's Total Impact.

Several years ago someone on a sports talk program mentioned it, and for a reason I can't recall said it had only one printing of 50,000. Practically overnight it skyrocketed to several hundred dollars for unsigned copies on eBay before finally leveling out a couple years later. It still sells for as much as $450 (2 months ago).
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

Thanks, guys!
Be sure and check the hand claws, they are the first thing to wear and come off, and show damage the quickest...curious what the little guy sells for nowdays or if its still around what i paid in the nineties, at less than 100 dollars.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Incidentally went back through a few sites and most seem to disagree with the idea the blue figures were first....some suggest the blue figures came as the bagged set and the orange were the lose figures originally offered. I can attest in my area we had orange long before blue came.

https://monstermagazineworld.blogspot.com/2017/06/marx-monsters.html?zx=773abcd4ffd69264

I couldnt find anything definitive however, and might consult with Japfeif the author of many of the guides on marx playsets and toys to be sure
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town I appreciate the info! Either way, I’ll be trying to grab the other colors.

Here’s a pic of the one I got.

Paid $60. They seem to go for $40 on average. The guy wanted $89. But condition is always a factor. The ones for $30 & less seem to have more issues.

Post 10 IP   flag post
might be the image quality itself but the claws look pretty worn down or gone...My orange cost right at around a hundred in the late nineties if I remember right. That one looks like it will clean up some with a good bath of rubbing alcohol and some q tips at least. Will have to drag mine out and see how good or bad it is after all this time....I remember being about 4 or 5 and crying when mine broke off its stand after I sat there hammering it with rocks of course...always like the pose and how the base is sort of a call out to the sequels .
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town Yeah, I may have to upgrade later. What kept me from grabbing one sooner is, I didn’t know the scale of them. I always thought they were like the size of little army men.
Post 12 IP   flag post
oh my no, they are like an action figure more or less, at about six inches I guess. Good sized figures...the disney figures they did are pretty classic too and will someday make great collectors items.
Post 13 IP   flag post
600701 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?