Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Let's talk music thread...13986

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
@Towmater - WOW

@Towmater WOW indeed!!! Awesome!!!
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
That’s really cool!

I had planned on getting my Marvel Premiere 50 signed by Alice Cooper at Texas Frightmare last year, but then the “unpleasantness” happened.

Maybe this year?

It’s a bucket list item, so I’m hoping to cross it off.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Towmater - WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Thanks

Out of my collection, my pride and joy isn't the most valuable item, or the hardest to get item. It is the Thin Lizzy signed 3 x 5 cards that are matted and framed. To have a piece of paper than was held and signed by Phil Lynott means so much to me. I can't put into words how much that means.

@Jabberwookie I have a signed and hand written lyric sheet of Schools Out. It was written by one of the band member, then passed around and signed by the band and Alice.
Post 78 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
@Towmater - WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Thanks

Out of my collection, my pride and joy isn't the most valuable item, or the hardest to get item. It is the Thin Lizzy signed 3 x 5 cards that are matted and framed. To have a piece of paper than was held and signed by Phil Lynott means so much to me. I can't put into words how much that means.

Amen to that!! Love Phil Lynott and Thin Lizzy!

I was in Ireland in 2017...I had several pints in Phil Lynott's favourite pub just because it was Phil's favourite pub. The man was a genius in my opinion.

Post 79 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
@Towmater - WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Thanks

I used to have their Jailbreak LP. I wore that album out.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC That report card it GREAT!
Post 81 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Here's a good question, if you could only go through life with 5 albums, which ones would they be? I always found that to be a great opening line in a bar. I'll have to rethink my answer. My tastes have changed a bit in the last 18 years!!! LOL

There's a few I go to constantly. In no particular order.

Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth
Iron Maiden - Killers
Candlemass - Nightfall
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Danzig - II Lucifuge

It can change change but these five have been pretty consistent for me over the years.
Post 82 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley

The first Danzig gets most of the love, but I felt his strongest songs were on Danzig II.

I’m the one and Killer Wolf are personal favorites.

I wore that cassette out in the early 90s.
Post 83 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Don't know if anybody here has heard of the band Trapeze. In 1970 they released their second album called Medusa,.. produced by someone with the Moody Blues. I heard the title track on the radio one evening and bought the album the next day. It was one of those double fold open album covers, and the inside had a pic of them.

Some time later, Trapeze held a show in Arkansas, which I attended. The next day a friend of mine who managed a record store (Sound Warehouse) called me and said the band was going to be there that afternoon and would be signing. I grabbed my album, drove there and had the members autograph their pics.

In 2003 (I think) I sold my entire album collection,... desperate times call for desperate measures.
Afterwards it dawned on me that I sold that album with the rest. I spoke a few choice words out loud (very loud) about what I had done.

Mel Galley / guitars - later went to Whitesnake
Glenn Hughes / bass - later went to Deep Purple
Dave Holland / drums - later went to Judas Priest

Post 84 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
My younger brother likes to do meet and greets, and has gifted my signed drumheads from Night Ranger, Deep Purple, and Judas Priest. No pics yet.

He was planning one with KISS before the pandemic.

The radio plays Foghat's Fool For The City, I Just Want To Make Love To You, and Slow Ride to death. Still, if you like the songs but never listened to Foghat Live, I think you'll never want to hear the studio versions again. Why the radio doesn't play anything from this cd (my favorite Live cd), I don't know.
Post 85 IP   flag post
@Siggy - Foghat had some really good music. Your post reminds me of a funny happening....

Back in the early 80's I dated a girl who was maitre d' at the Sheridan Inn restaurant in Fort Smith, AR. I went in one evening and sat a booth near the front door waiting for her to get off work. Anyway, these 4 guys came in the front door, they looked like bums and they smelled really bad. My girlfriend met them at the door and said....

Girlfriend: I'm sorry, but I can't allow you in here. You need to clean up and change your clothes. You smell really bad.
Them: Hey lady, don't you know who we are? We're Foghat!
Girlfriend: Well Foghat,.. go take a bath!

After they announced themselves, then I actually recognized them.

Later while I was driving her back to my place, I asked if she knew who Foghat was,.. she said "no". When we got back, I played some of their music for her. She says,.. "Oh, I know those songs".

That night was hilarious.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Towmater - WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Thanks

I used to have their Jailbreak LP. I wore that album out.

That's a great album. I have that on vinyl.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Siggy - Foghat had some really good music. Your post reminds me of a funny happening....

Back in the early 80's I dated a girl who was maitre d' at the Sheridan Inn restaurant in Fort Smith, AR. I went in one evening and sat a booth near the front door waiting for her to get off work. Anyway, these 4 guys came in the front door, they looked like bums and they smelled really bad. My girlfriend met them at the door and said....

Girlfriend: I'm sorry, but I can't allow you in here. You need to clean up and change your clothes. You smell really bad.
Them: Hey lady, don't you know who we are? We're Foghat!
Girlfriend: Well Foghat,.. go take a bath!

After they announced themselves, then I actually recognized them.

Later while I was driving her back to my place, I asked if she knew who Foghat was,.. she said "no". When we got back, I played some of their music for her. She says,.. "Oh, I know those songs".

That night was hilarious.

Well, Foghat Live doesn't stink LOL.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 89 IP   flag post
@CatmanAmerica

Love it!! That even reminds me of my old fender strat.

Forgive my old eyes, but I couldn’t make out the signatures.

Who signed it?
Post 90 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
@CatmanAmerica

Love it!! That even reminds me of my old fender strat.

Forgive my old eyes, but I couldn’t make out the signatures.

Who signed it?

Joe, Kenny Kramme and Eric Czar. Back when Joe Bonamassa was getting a lot of attention on the club circuit my late wife and I followed his tours and tried to catch him whenever they performed within a radius of a couple of hundred miles. We must've seen JB's power trio live 20 or 30 times over a seven year period. Joe knew us quite well at that time. My wife would give them copies of her latest novels to read on the road whenever we ran into them. We actually won the guitar in a lottery Joe held for the Blues Foundation during one of his shows in Oklahoma.
Post 91 IP   flag post
598081 91 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?