Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Just in case some of you are on the fence...I submitted 2 books to Joe that were previously graded CBCS 7.5 and 8.5. I just received notification from CBCS that the books were shipped today with the following grades: 9.2 and 9.8. Pretty impressive jumps.. 'nuff said
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Joe is great! I’ve sent a few books elsewhere from time to time just to see what is out there but I always come back to CFP
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Just out of curiosity, does he typically email you when he finishes books and sends them to grading?

I asked in an email but could tell he was really busy and I didn't want to keep bugging him over a most likely misunderstanding on my question....
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Have yet to use Joey Joe Joe, maybe I'll send him a batch this year.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders I'm kind of weary of pressing then shipping...isn't CFP in Florida? so that would mean shipping to Dallas or using CGC...which is ok for potential light grades for resale books but then newton rings on PC books (in reality CGC is out for me) so I'm left feeling queasy about a press then cross country ship - don't want any damage in transit.

idk...kind of why I like the in house CBCS pressing...even though it takes forever and a day
Post 5 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Joe lives in Florida and drives books to CGC every few weeks so you save on shipping.

Edit.

No idea how he handles CBCS
Post 6 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I have not sent anything to Joe for CBCS since everything is now in TX. He may charge to ship there now. I wouldn't think he drives to TX every few weeks. I could be wrong.
Post 7 IP   flag post
If he drive to Texas that would be killer customer service. But realistically driving panhandle of Florida is a long butt drive
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
I have not sent anything to Joe for CBCS since everything is now in TX. He may charge to ship there now. I wouldn't think he drives to TX every few weeks. I could be wrong.
I don’t believe he has additional charges for shipping to Dallas
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Gawd, I wish the border would open... I'll be testing his skillz.
Post 10 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
I don’t believe he has additional charges for shipping to Dallas

I don't, but I do wait till I have enough for a box to be sent over. I am not mailing out individual orders.
Post 11 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
If he drive to Texas that would be killer customer service. But realistically driving panhandle of Florida is a long butt drive

Its almost 800 miles just to get out of Florida LOL.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I used to drive from west palm beach to Jacksonville getting out of FL is a bear....
Post 13 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the excellent work saving this poor thing @CFP_Comics
I fully expected a 0.5 or even a message that it was too poor to work with.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Results of the work Joey did (they just came in this morning)
Post 15 IP   flag post

Post 16 IP   flag post

Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post

Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Watcher I thought they did away with the red label?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Before pix maybe?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@Watcher I thought they did away with the red label?

yes...red labels are the only before pics I had (which included the 9.6 blue)...the yellows are the new reds
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Just out of curiosity, does he typically email you when he finishes books and sends them to grading?

I asked in an email but could tell he was really busy and I didn't want to keep bugging him over a most likely misunderstanding on my question....

No - he don't.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@CFP_Comics is my preferred presser.

Very reliable and honest.

And if you have a very difficult book - Joe is in for the challenge out of a professional curiosity (although these days he is trying to catch up) I once had a book where the backcover had been attached to the board. After a few months Joe found a new way to separate them and book came back as a 9.4

Only complaint. After all these years I am still waiting for my first discount code
Post 24 IP   flag post
Joe contacted me on my second order and informed me that some of the books in my order were not worth pressing. Personally I am glad he took the initiative to let me know so I didn't waste my money grading the books.
Post 25 IP   flag post
600771 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?