Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Want to Buy

WTB: Complete set of Amalgam, DC vs Marvel, All Access, Unlimited Access13966

"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite oh it’s not mine. I am at work. Lol sorry I just have about 8-10 George’s sketches.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite I just got rid of a bunch of those Amalgam books. I'll see if I have any more left in my box-o-stuff that I'm getting rid of if you're still looking.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Puckster Let me know what you find, I might be interested in a few for my personal collection.

Thank you!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Okay, got some packages today and there’s some good news and bad news. The bad news is that I’m still missing a direct edition of Marvel vs DC #1 for my personal collection. The good news is that I otherwise have a #1-4 set for myself, in addition to having a set for my custom bind.

On the medium news, I now want to add parts of Marvel Vision #1,3,16, and 17 for their articles on Marvel vs DC and Amalgam. Anyone know if DC had anything comparable that covered the series?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Does anyone know if Overstreet’s Fan magazine have standard magazine dimensions or if it is comic book sized? Looks like at least 3 issues covered the Marvel vs DC/Amalgam event

I’m also looking for issues of Previews and Wizard that covered Marvel vs DC or Amalgam, though if there is an internet archive, that should be fine since I’d have to transcribe and reformat them to fit the standard comic size
Post 30 IP   flag post

SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I do recall reading about this event in Wizard; I don’t think I still have those issues though.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Okay, so I think I’m looking for

Overstreet Fan 8, 9, and 24
Gemstone actually has all the issues in stock at a reasonable price but then they turn around and want to charge $20 in shipping, so I’m looking for an alternate source

Wizard 54, 56, 69, 71
Not a super high priority as I was able to find an internet archive with most issues so I can transcribe most of the articles but I may want to scan in some images from the physical magazine

And two issues of Previews from 1996 and 1997, not sure what the best way to identify those
Post 32 IP   flag post
Okay, I’ve found MOST of the magazines but I can’t seem to find a copy of Previews #2 from 1997

Does anyone have a copy?

Post 33 IP   flag post
Well, I’m not proud of myself but I just shelled out $35 for one of the last remaining Previews issues I needed. This will at least let me get volume 1 of my custom bind project going. Next paycheck will be another $36-ish to get the last remaining Previews issue.

I’m just glad to get this going again
Post 34 IP   flag post
Just a small update. I’ve decided to hold off on ordering that last issue of Previews but I have started working on that first volume.

Today I dismantled the bonus features so I can get to scanning. Since a few of the bonus features are from magazines or larger those will either be scanned and shrunk down or recreated from scratch to fit the comic book-sized dimensions. This will also help take care of instances where the opposite side of a related page has an unrelated article on it. Plus I’m also planning to build a title and credits page for the books.

I’ll have all these new/reformatted pages printed to size at kinko’s and incorporated into the layout of the book
Post 35 IP   flag post
Okay, so I got all the bonus materials for part 1 scanned over the weekend. I’m hoping to get them formatted and printed this weekend.

I’ve also gone through and pulled all the staples out of the books and removed as many advertising wraps as I could, resulting maybe an issue or two’s worth of pages cut. There are a few wraps with ads just on half the wrap but those I’ll have to cut out when I give the books a second pass with a knife.
Post 36 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Still following.
Post 37 IP   flag post
@Joosh Thanks! With any luck the first volume should be on the way to the bindery by the end of the month.

I’ll be buying the last issue of Previews this weekend (for real this time) but it is shipping from the UK so I probably won’t get it for a while
Post 38 IP   flag post
598059 38 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?