Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

Wondering what your opinion is on this ebay listing13964

Collector CarsonG private msg quote post Address this user
https://ebay.to/3aBH1Ya

I am looking for a 9.8 ice cream man 20 and this one looks promising. I am hesitant because I can get one in a 9.8 for around $99 but if you guys think this would come back a 9.8 I would rather buy this lot and submit it with the rest of the comics I want to get graded.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Always a gamble when looking for raw 9.8's. I would make an offer to a seller that already has a graded one, that way you know what you are getting.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
It's hard to tell with that white cover on a white background. An Ice Cream Man 20 CGC 9.8 variant sold at auction yesterday for $56. A 9.6 sold for $25. So it looks like you'd be better off trying to make an offer on a 9.8 for around $60 than gambling on a raw copy plus extra comics you might not even want.

I'd personally try to win one of the several ebay auctions that are ending in the next couple days.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Cost for this book: comic itself, grading fees, shipping to and back from grading company.

Cost for a 9.8: ~$99

I know which way I'd go.
Post 4 IP   flag post
600893 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?