CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Finished S2E3 of Big Sky. Blonde chick is hot a.f. The secondary (non-villain) characters are starting to kill the show for me because they are incredibly stupid in situations where the proper behavior should just be understood.
Post 676 • IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
The wife and I just started watching The 4400 last week....It's interesting and she likes it so that is the main thing

Did a change of scenery and started the Originals last night...also not to bad
Post 677 • IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Band of Brothers.

I watch this series every year for Veterans Day. I may be a vet myself, but WWII vets are becoming rare and I have nothing but the utmost respect for them.
Post 678 • IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
I've started working my way through Cowboy Bebop (the anime, getting ready for the live-action) on Netflix. I'm enjoying it so far.
Post 679 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
I've started working my way through Cowboy Bebop (the anime, getting ready for the live-action) on Netflix. I'm enjoying it so far.


It’s one of those shows that transcends the medium. A lot of people who don’t typically like anime (such as myself) love this series.
Post 680 • IP   flag post


-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@OGJackster I’ll put it on the list for this weekend. 👍🏼


@00slim Did you ever watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show yet? If you have, what did you think? If you thought it sucked, you wouldn't be alone. I know a few that don't like it.
Post 681 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Episode 7 of What If...?
Post 682 • IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Tombstone because there is no such thing as too many times.
Post 683 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@OGJackster I’ll put it on the list for this weekend. 👍🏼


@00slim Did you ever watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show yet? If you have, what did you think? If you thought it sucked, you wouldn't be alone. I know a few that don't like it.


Ya know, I didn’t get around to it, unfortunately. I’ll see it soon. When I do, I’ll let ya know what I thought. 👍🏼
Post 684 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@OGJackster I’ll put it on the list for this weekend. 👍🏼


@00slim Did you ever watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show yet? If you have, what did you think? If you thought it sucked, you wouldn't be alone. I know a few that don't like it.

I've never seen RHPS except for bits and pieces (trailers) which was enough to convince me to move on.
Post 685 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@OGJackster I’ll put it on the list for this weekend. 👍🏼


@00slim Did you ever watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show yet? If you have, what did you think? If you thought it sucked, you wouldn't be alone. I know a few that don't like it.

I've never seen RHPS except for bits and pieces (trailers) which was enough to convince me to move on.

That's a perfect summation of my take as well. I suspect it's more of a group experience thing than a watch-at-home-alone thing.
Post 686 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@OGJackster I’ll put it on the list for this weekend. 👍🏼


@00slim Did you ever watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show yet? If you have, what did you think? If you thought it sucked, you wouldn't be alone. I know a few that don't like it.

I've never seen RHPS except for bits and pieces (trailers) which was enough to convince me to move on.

That's a perfect summation of my take as well. I suspect it's more of a group experience thing than a watch-at-home-alone thing.

Yeah, I agree. Not a movie I care to kick back and watch. But a party experience would probably make it more entertaining.
Post 687 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@OGJackster I’ll put it on the list for this weekend. 👍🏼


@00slim Did you ever watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show yet? If you have, what did you think? If you thought it sucked, you wouldn't be alone. I know a few that don't like it.


Ya know, I didn’t get around to it, unfortunately. I’ll see it soon. When I do, I’ll let ya know what I thought. 👍🏼


So, I just watched it. As much as I like the idea of a campy sci-fi influenced musical, I’ll say this just wasn’t for me.

I really liked the opening song but none of the other numbers worked as well for me.

I’m glad I saw it. It just won’t be one I’ll be looking to revisit.

I would suggest the short (roughly 45 minute) musical Joss Whedon wrote during the Writer’s strike years ago, ‘Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog.’

Imagine a comic book musical from the villain’s prospective.
Post 688 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Umbrella Academy. Thumbs up so far (nearly done S1)
Post 689 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Ella Fitzgerald: Just One of Those Things.
Post 690 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
"Horror of Dracula" (1958) Hammer film with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee.
Post 691 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Shang-Chi.

Better than most recent Marvel but not nearly as good as the reviews suggest.

Solid B grade overall. Would grade a B+ if every single Katy scene were omitted.
Post 692 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Watched ‘Jungle Cruise’ last night. It started out strong. I liked the first half, but eventually just felt like a rehash of ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’.

It also felt a bit long. It was fun, but I wouldn’t feel the need to revisit it. I’d give it a “C”.
Post 693 • IP   flag post
HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 694 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 695 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone slogging through the latest season of Doctor Who(cares)?
Post 696 • IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I watched National Treasure yesterday and enjoyed it.
Post 697 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome
Post 698 • IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
Ted Lasso Season 2....one episode to go. Wow this show is great.
Post 699 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Like a few other members, I watched Shang-Chi and Jungle Cruise this weekend. I liked Shang- Chi, but was not overly impressed with the big final fight scenes. Still, it was a solid movie. Jungle Cruise was watchable, but way too predictable. It also had the worst CGI I think I have ever seen in a what was supposed to be a big budget film.
Post 700 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just finished Shang-Chi. I enjoyed it quite a bit. The final fight was overblown & dragged on too long. I’d give it a B-.

And @esaravo is right about the CGI in ‘Jungle Cruise’, but as I was watching it I said to my wife “I bet it looks like that because it was filmed for 3D”. Just my guess.
Post 701 • IP   flag post
HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 702 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Watched ‘It Came From Outer Space’ (1953), today, just out of curiosity. I just purchased a 70’s double feature poster for this & ‘Creature from the Black Lagoon’, so, I thought I would check it out. Not bad. Same Director as the first two ‘Creature’ films, by the way.
Post 703 • IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Twilight Zone Season 2 (new series).
Post 704 • IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Watched the new Bond film "No Time to Die" yesterday. A Bond film without Sean Connery is just ok.
Post 705 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30