Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
One of my favorite movies. A true classic. I'm sure there are still some of you that remember going to the theater with toast and squirt bottles lol! Damnit Janet I love shoes!

One of my all time favorite movies!!!
Post 601 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
One of my favorite movies. A true classic. I'm sure there are still some of you that remember going to the theater with toast and squirt bottles lol! Damnit Janet I love shoes!

Ya know, I’ve never seen this. I’m not big on musicals, how much will that hurt the experience for me?
Post 602 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Just don't ever go to a live showing and admit you are a virgin to the show.....
Post 603 IP   flag post
@00slim it's a decent plot with good music and great actors. I'm not one for musicals either. I saw "Grease" once and that was one time too many. TRHPS is a cat of a different color. I actually had all my kids watch it with me when they turned 18. I was like, "The rest of the world is not like rural Minnesota. So sit down, grab the popcorn, and experience "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"!!"
Post 604 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Just don't ever go to a live showing and admit you are a virgin to the show.....

I’m afraid to ask . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@00slim it's a decent plot with good music and great actors. I'm not one for musicals either. I saw "Grease" once and that was one time too many. TRHPS is a cat of a different color. I actually had all my kids watch it with me when they turned 18. I was like, "The rest of the world is not like rural Minnesota. So sit down, grab the popcorn, and experience "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"!!"

Sounds like good parenting (sincerely). I’ll give it a go sometime.
Post 605 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Compared to some of the comic books I have read lately, it is quite benign.
Post 606 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 607 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
The first time I saw it (when I was still a virgin) was in the early eighties. I went to a midnight showing in Spokane Washington. People dressed up as their favorite character and brought props. It was much more than just a movie. A shared event where strangers were no longer strangers because just about everybody had this in common that attended. A bond that has lasted a lifetime and not soon forgotten for all that experienced The Rocky Horror Picture Show at a midnight showing at a theater in anytown USA. Great memories!

Post 608 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim

They make you go onstage and do the time warp dance and a bunch of other shit that is not for a severe introvert. It was a horrible experience. I was told it would have been 100x worse if they spotted me trying to hide.
Post 609 IP   flag post

Post 610 IP   flag post
@Bronte Sounds like a legit nightmare. No thank you.
Post 611 IP   flag post
You can watch it in the comfort of your home.
Post 612 IP   flag post
@DrWatson Absolutely. I plan to.
Post 613 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
You can watch it on Amazon Prime right now if you have it
Post 614 IP   flag post
@OGJackster I’ll put it on the list for this weekend. 👍🏼
Post 615 IP   flag post
@00slim

Yeah, I wish someone warned me.....
Post 616 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
and a bunch of other shit that is not for a severe introvert

Haha as a severe introvert, when I went about 20 years ago, it was one of the most terrifying experiences I've ever had. I'm glad there are others out there that have had a similar experience.
Post 617 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
and a bunch of other shit that is not for a severe introvert

Haha as a severe introvert, when I went about 20 years ago, it was one of the most terrifying experiences I've ever had. I'm glad there are others out there that have had a similar experience.

So we can bond over the trauma? Lol yeah, shit you never do to "friends"
Post 618 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte, @flanders - Great Scott! They showed this all the time at U of R back when I was in college. Everyone knew all the lines and you’d bring a bag of props - TP, newspaper, squirt guns, cigarette lighters (guess you couldn’t do that now), toast, rice, cards, etc. It was a great time, and I actually felt bad for the janitors that had to clean up after the show.
Post 619 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
The Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. I finished the Hobbit trilogy yesterday. I've seen so many mediocre and unwatchable movies that have been produced in the last few years that I have an increased appreciation for how great these movies are.
Post 620 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders totally agree we watched all 6 a few months ago 👍
Post 621 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@no1lufcfan @flanders Those movies really are something special. I have high hope's for the LOTR coming from Amazon next year.
Post 622 IP   flag post
Man, I should give the LOTR movies another shot. I saw the first one in the theater & I didn’t care for it at the time. Never saw another one.
Post 623 IP   flag post
They are great films, but I do not have the patience for them.
Post 624 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
You definitely have to be in the mood for them because they are so long. But to me, they are so immersive. Peter Jackson and cast (and others I'm sure) really deserve credit for creating that world so well.
Post 625 IP   flag post
Justice League Unlimited
Post 626 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Justice League Unlimited

I think I have all the episodes on DVD. I need to watch them again. They are great.
Post 627 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Justice League Unlimited

I think I have all the episodes on DVD. I need to watch them again. They are great.

I couldn't agree more. DC knows how to make animation.
Post 628 IP   flag post
Chucky!!! The series.
Post 629 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Rick and Morty season 5
Post 630 IP   flag post
601524 999 30