Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Tried to watch La Brea. Lost interest almost immediately after the sinkhole and the second commercial break.

I would have lost all respect for your opinions if you said anything other than this.
Post 551 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders The idea is excellent. The execution is shit.
Post 552 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Bad Blood
Post 553 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Currently the lost room
Post 554 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Superman and Lois.

Wife and I both pleasantly surprised. Good show, good pacing, interesting. Part of our rotation now.
Post 555 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Superman and Lois.

Wife and I both pleasantly surprised. Good show, good pacing, interesting. Part of our rotation now.

I started watching a couple weeks ago on HBO Max and still go back to it. One thing I find irritating about the CW shows is that they just keep adding more plot lines and more threats. I guess that's the thing these days, every show being a cliff-hanger, nothing wraps up. But it never really lets you just relax and enjoy a good plot line. Always some new twist or turn around every corner.
Post 556 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
I was binge watching 5 seasons of The Expanse, but in preparation for an SF convention several weeks ago got preoccupied with other things with a season and a half left. I'll try to get back to it later this week. Next up is The Serial Squadron remaster of the Republic serial Drums of Fu Manchu starring Henry Brandon transferred to Blu-Ray. For something completely different there's also Ken Burn's Baseball on Blu-Ray.
Post 557 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Fast & Furious 9
Post 558 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
“Mannix”

Haven’t seen this show in literally a decade or two.

Mannix is one of my favorite series as well. But I swear, at least 4 out of 5 episodes he gets knocked unconscious, one way or another.

And for someone who is supposed to be a Special Forces bad ass, he can't fight or shoot worth a damn.

But still, I enjoyed the series.
Post 559 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
Seven Deadly Sins season 5.

Post 560 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Cowboys & Aliens again, we liked it but then again I liked Green Lantern and Waterworld
Post 561 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Blair Witch Project. All these years later and it's still a great movie to me!!!
Post 562 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Blair Witch Project. All these years later and it's still a great movie to me!!!

I saw this film in the theater when it came out and then again a few months ago. I agree, great film...I don't know if they "invented" the found footage plot device or not but it's cool....that last image is still pretty creepy.
Post 563 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Watched ready player 1. Wasn't as bad as expected. Of course starting with van halen music was a good start.....
Post 564 IP   flag post
Wynonna Earp. We enjoyed season 1 and then forgot/lost it ?. Just blizz watched season 2 and now on 3 and enjoying it.
Post 565 IP   flag post
Post 566 IP   flag post
Bridge of Spies.....based on true story during the cold war. A tad slow but great performance as usual by Tom Hanks
Post 567 IP   flag post
Post 568 IP   flag post
Father Brown and then Death in Paradise
Post 569 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
About to start this:

Post 570 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
I am in the middle of Goliath, I love Billy Bob Thornton and he is great in this series.
Season 3 is a bit different than the first 2 but still good tv.
Post 571 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
my wife and kid are going to watch "Black Widow"...not sure I really want to watch it but I'll give it a go - at least it's free on Disney now
Post 572 IP   flag post
@KatKomics definitely worth watching we've seen it twice now and will watch again sometime 👍
Post 573 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
The wife and I are in the middle of Season 3 of The 3% and it's not to bad.
We are always on the lookout for shows that have long season runs to keep us busy. Mostly Sci-Fi and horror stuff.
Post 574 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics
I am in the middle of Goliath, I love Billy Bob Thornton and he is great in this series.
Season 3 is a bit different than the first 2 but still good tv.

Good shout half way through season 1 and as you day BBT is excellent, thanks for the tip 👍
Post 575 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
"Cult of Chucky" movie followed by the premiere episode of "Chucky" the series!!! The series is airing on SyFy and USA cable stations.
Post 576 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Rick and Morty (Season 3)
Post 577 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
my wife and kid are going to watch "Black Widow"...not sure I really want to watch it but I'll give it a go - at least it's free on Disney now

Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but also not as good as it could have been - movie just got screwed - released at the wrong time -should have been before Infinity War!

Side note....I've only now started to realize just how many secret organizations control world events - maybe the Avengers could just sit back and let them all take each other out??
Post 578 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
The brew crew trying to even up the series. Ya know, it wasn't until I was 36 or 7 until I realized the mitt logo for the Brewers was also a MB??? It's the negative space cover contest all over again.
Post 579 IP   flag post
Watching the premiere of Chucky on SyFy.
Post 580 IP   flag post
600643 999 30