Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Rumor Mill: Jennifer Lawrence cast in FF13960

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 maybe he read this thread
Post 26 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I’m convinced making a truly great FF live action movie is an extremely difficult proposition. Multiple tries have left us with mediocre, at best.
If it can be done (I hope it can) the MCU Team will do it.
I personally don’t think Lawrence is the right call for Susan Storm.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I guess anything is better than this

Post 28 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@moodswing It took me awhile to find it. I was actually running while it popped up on my phone. It's from Movieweb. Upon further reading now; although the headline alludes to Feige nixing it; he didn't really flat out say that. The article goes on to say that casting discussions haven't even begun. So that's kinda not the same thing.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111

That kind of put a damper on a lot of people thinking Richards would show up in Wandavision. I would think they have some actors in mind but haven't started casting yet. Maybe just Jim
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
@Joosh
I agree that an adaptation of FF seems extremely difficult. Honestly I think the best adaptation was the Incredibles. That’s essentially the FF family story being told with a few twists.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
I’m convinced making a truly great FF live action movie is an extremely difficult proposition

Funny how you can draw invisible powers but you can't really film it so well. Actually it's true of all the 4 of the FF...they are just much better in ink than on camera. As is Dr. Doom and Silver Surfer, in my opinion. The Avengers are different. Hawkeye, Black Widow, Falcon, Iron Man...that all comes off pretty cool on screen. Live action gives them a dimension that is actually missing in ink.
Post 32 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
That would be a truly awful casting choice.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
@Joosh
I agree that an adaptation of FF seems extremely difficult. Honestly I think the best adaptation was the Incredibles. That’s essentially the FF family story being told with a few twists.

I think the best adaptation was the 2006 "Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes". That animated series nailed it!!

Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
I believe that actors are judged more on the quality of the writing and directing of the character they are portraying than on their own acting talent. Actors thought of as being mediocre in one role are rated as brilliantly talented in another role. Emilia Clarke went from talented to so-so just with the popularity of Daenerys on GOT, then to a complete hack in Han Solo. Lawrence's talent reputation was high after Hunger Games, but sank after Mystique, a poorly developed and wrongly utilized character in those X-Men movies. If the Susan Storm character is written correctly and used the way she should, it won't matter too much who plays her, as long as she at least close to the way she looked in the comics.
Post 35 IP   flag post
@Donnied

I don't think Emillia Clarke was considered a good actress in GOT. The show was just so good and she is a very likable person, we just overlooked her acting skills
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
@moodswing - Actually there was press that was complimenting her on how talented an actress she was playing that character, saying what a great find she was!
Post 37 IP   flag post
@Donnied

That really surprises me. I still like her so maybe I can't judge acting skills.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Just saw a youtuber made a video on this ha.
Post 39 IP   flag post
601468 39 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?