Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ok, this speculation has gone beyond ridiculous!!!13953

Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

I'm lost for words

Maybe the bidders thought "PR" meant "Pretty Righteous!"
Post 26 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

I'm lost for words

Maybe the bidders thought "PR" meant "Pretty Righteous!"

Way too much money for the condition.
Maybe I'm not keeping up with the fair market value
Post 27 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Fire sale time! It's yours for the low price of $142,000 + $20 media mail shipping!
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmisty4me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Be very careful with your money.

And with other people's money too - a crash in post-1967 books hurts everyone everywhere.

Especially post-1990 books.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector CrocHntr private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I've got 2 SW1'S 1977 at CBCS right now. I'm hoping they grade in the 9's. If so, I'm likely to sell one or both and pick up some SA goodness!!

Same. I’m getting my SW 68 slabbed and whatever I make off it is going to a SA key.

Similar thought for me. I hadn’t looked at my Star Wars run in many years, so was happy find not only one, but two nice copies of #42. I sent them off for grading, and will use proceeds for a nice GA book I’m sure.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I just saw a 9.4 Star Wars #1 offered for $1,000! Can these prices stay at close to these levels for very long? I am seriously thinking about selling off my #1, #2, and #3 while the prices are Skywalker-high! What is everyone else doing with these red-hot books? And if you do sell them, what would you buy, since it seems like every key book has blown up over the last year?

I made this mistake when I imposed logic to the collecter's market...I literally said "how can these prices maintain? no one can afford to buy anything now. It has to reset especially with the 300 books because there are 80 million copies ". So, I thought I was being slick when I sold my ASM300 9.6, 9.4 newsstand and my other 9.4 around summer time and collected about 1200.00. I'm afraid to look and see what they're going for now.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Odinson2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn’t sell any big comics yet. There’s still mountains of money coming into the hobby on a weekly basis.

It may well be that comics were drastically undervalued for decades. This isn’t “our” hobby anymore, it’s the world’s dominant culture now.

There’s a whole lot of nerds rolling in with fast crypto money and a few will probably want to score some sweet comics with it.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user

Post 33 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Star Wars #2 CGC 9.0 - $360!

clickable text
Post 34 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocHntr
I hadn’t looked at my Star Wars run in many years, so was happy find not only one, but two nice copies of #42. I sent them off for grading, and will use proceeds for a nice GA book I’m sure.

I had some copies of #42 graded...they made great Christmas presents.

mm
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@Odinson2000 I like your thoughts I certainly regret letting some keys go over the last 12 months some have doubled to tripled in value since then.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think there are too many collectibles that are not blowing up. I blame it on Gen Xers. We were basically the collector generation and we know everything in the 80s was awesome
Post 37 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Other Wandavision related hype...apparently Agnes' bunny is named "Scratchy" which some are speculating could be Nicholas Scratch, her son in the comics. So, I see some activity on eBay with FF #185 heating up. Scratchy is also thought to possibly be Mephisto, but who knows.
Post 38 IP   flag post
I'm ahead of the game with having both FF #94 and 185. It really seems odd to me as to why all this stuff is blowing up. I might have to start my own rumors just to see if I can cash in on this stuff.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmisty4me
Quote:
Be very careful with your money.

And with other people's money too - a crash in post-1967 books hurts everyone everywhere.

Especially post-1990 books.

Oh yes.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Star Wars #2 CGC 9.0 - $360!

clickable text

wow!! guess it's time to send Star Wars to get graded!! I have doubles and triples of most of the first 10 issues

Was actually thinking of putting a whole run together - already have the first 60 or so as well as individual issues from there up.....
Post 41 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I only know Itchy and Scratchy from the Simpsons.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I only know Itchy and Scratchy from the Simpsons.

Scratchtasia is a masterpiece of filmmaking.
Post 43 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
I'm ahead of the game with having both FF #94 and 185. It really seems odd to me as to why all this stuff is blowing up. I might have to start my own rumors just to see if I can cash in on this stuff.

Once WandaVision wraps, they will drop like a rock.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

I have FF #185 & 2 copies of FF #186...LOL, you never know if Salem's Seven may show up as well!

Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
I will always try my best to stay away from movie or TV hype. If I don't already have the book I can live with it. I just don't understand why newer books with high print runs are demanding such high prices. Recently sold a Young avengers 1 (9.4) raw (bought for $32)and a Silver Surfer Black 1 (9.6-9.8) variant raw copy (bought for $20)and parlayed the duckets for a Nick Fury Agent of Shield #1 CGC 8.5 white pages. The blue chip books will always be my goal and passion. Make mine bronze and silver! Nuff said.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Cop
I will always try my best to stay away from movie or TV hype. If I don't already have the book I can live with it. I just don't understand why newer books with high print runs are demanding such high prices. Recently sold a Young avengers 1 (9.4) raw (bought for $32)and a Silver Surfer Black 1 (9.6-9.8) variant raw copy (bought for $20)and parlayed the duckets for a Nick Fury Agent of Shield #1 CGC 8.5 white pages. The blue chip books will always be my goal and passion. Make mine bronze and silver! Nuff said.

shhh..... waiting for my Young Avengers to come back from grading....paid cover for it and hoping to sell when some more Marvel hype happens!!
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Cop

This pretty much my exact stance right now.

If people want to overpay for modern books, I’ll let them and dump the profits into a silver/ Bronze Age blue chip.

I see this as unlimited opportunity.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Other Wandavision related hype...apparently Agnes' bunny is named "Scratchy" which some are speculating could be Nicholas Scratch, her son in the comics. So, I see some activity on eBay with FF #185 heating up. Scratchy is also thought to possibly be Mephisto, but who knows.

I saw Scratchy and my first thought was Mr. Scratch from Devil and Daniel Webster, I think.

I recall an old story with the devil and Scratch was his name.

That could be what’s causing Agatha to go all Dark Aggie.
Post 49 IP   flag post
@KatKomics

I’m so hesitant to sell my YA run.

That seems like the next team book to be like GSX to me.

It’s got a lot of 1st appearances. It’s got an eclectic cast. It’s connected to the original team and it’s a diverse group.

Keeping all those factors in mind, I feel like YA 1 is a serious keeper.
Post 50 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie

I stocked up on young avengers 1 and strange academy 1 for those same reasons. I have a ton in grading purgatory hoping they do become the next giant size X-men
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Jabberwookie

I stocked up on young avengers 1 and strange academy 1 for those same reasons. I have a ton in grading purgatory hoping they do become the next giant size X-men

I’m a huge believer in SA 1.

With X of Swords and King in Black being pretty big, I feel like mixing of fantasy elements with super heroes is such a natural progression.

I grabbed two copies and figure I’ll hold onto them for awhile.

It’s also a pretty decent read, as well.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that in 20 years, you and I are talking about how we made off selling them!
Post 52 IP   flag post
Oh, and for anyone wanting a really deep sleeper pick, I’ve been grabbing copies of Exiles 1.

I’m thinking once What If joins Disney + and mutants join, it’s an easy transition to a series or, possibly, a movie.
Post 53 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't realize exiles 3 had Peggy Carter as captain America.....

I picked up a copy for the hell of it

Edit

Ok a "few" copies. But if anyone has a puzzle quest version of exiles 3 that is reasonable let me know.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Well ASM 129 is spiking hard now too. Not sure why. Not good timing for someone who is in the market for a copy. Looks like all big keys are going nuts.
Post 55 IP   flag post
598080 210 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?