Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ok, this speculation has gone beyond ridiculous!!!13953

Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Virtually EVERY Marvel character that appears in a TV Series or related Film now...their 1st appearance in the comic book is all of a sudden increasing in value by hundreds of dollars??? Agatha Harkness, she has been around for decades, now because she appears in Wandavision, FF #94 is worth 20 times what it was a month ago? This hype is just bat shit crazy!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
The problem is this market is easily manipulated.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Be very careful with your money.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I just bought a “VF” raw copy on eBay for $10 we will see what I get
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector jcbruch private msg quote post Address this user
It is even ith D.C. Shadow of the Bat with Victor Zsazz's first appearance has been cover price forever. He has been in movies and tv shows and then casting news breaks that he is in Batwoman which is less popular than Gotham and the book doubles in price. People are just out there speculating and buying up the market. But it makes no sense to me because the buyers are buying at market high prices.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
It’s confirmed she’s Harkness. Then?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder

And with other people's money too - a crash in post-1967 books hurts everyone everywhere.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
If you think about it, comics are not particularly rare, so the price is a lot of hype in many cases. However, it is a real market. Many stocks also trade on hype over fundamentals. Difference is comics may go down, (Ultron) but they rarely stay down permanently.. Tarzan an exception.
Yes, Agatha Harkness, and rumors Ultron will make an appearance.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano0521
It’s confirmed she’s Harkness. Then?

No, but it seems pretty obvious Agnes is Agatha Harkness. It would be stunning if she is not. Even her name - Agnes - is a combination of Agatha Harkness. She's also demonstrated that she knows the reality she's in is not real.

I don't have any doubt at all Agnes is Agatha Harkness. The real question is why is she there? In the comics she was Wanda's mentor, so maybe she's just there to keep an eye on her student. Realizes she's suffering and might need an intervention. But Agatha was also connected to Mephisto, so maybe there is something a lot deeper, more sinister at work.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I used to call it speculators chasing bright shiny objects as if they were diamonds...now I think the better comparison is cats chasing laser pointers.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
clickable text

Virtually EVERY Marvel character that appears in a TV Series or related Film now...their 1st appearance in the comic book is all of a sudden increasing in value by hundreds of dollars??? Agatha Harkness, she has been around for decades, now because she appears in Wandavision, FF #94 is worth 20 times what it was a month ago? This hype is just bat shit crazy!!

A 7.0 for $600?

A year ago I sold an 8.5 for $300

The soaring prices are like Bitcoin, almost too good to be true.

That being stated, I bought a bunch of raw copies of FF94 about six months ago and they're being slabbed.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I just saw a 9.4 Star Wars #1 offered for $1,000! Can these prices stay at close to these levels for very long? I am seriously thinking about selling off my #1, #2, and #3 while the prices are Skywalker-high! What is everyone else doing with these red-hot books? And if you do sell them, what would you buy, since it seems like every key book has blown up over the last year?
Post 12 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
A 9.8 sold for more than $4000 on HA.

Post 13 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I just saw a 9.4 Star Wars #1 offered for $1,000! Can these prices stay at close to these levels for very long? I am seriously thinking about selling off my #1, #2, and #3 while the prices are Skywalker-high! What is everyone else doing with these red-hot books? And if you do sell them, what would you buy, since it seems like every key book has blown up over the last year?

I saw that too and did a double-take.

Right now I'm holding. I'm not sure these prices will be going down any time soon. It feels like the price manipulation that's been rampant in the fine art world for decades has finally reached the collecting world.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

My SW #2, #3, #4 (and others below #10) are with CBCS for the Howard Chaykin signing.
So I have no choice to keep or sell now. And that choice will probably not be mine to make for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time
Post 15 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I've got 2 SW1'S 1977 at CBCS right now. I'm hoping they grade in the 9's. If so, I'm likely to sell one or both and pick up some SA goodness!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I've got 2 SW1'S 1977 at CBCS right now. I'm hoping they grade in the 9's. If so, I'm likely to sell one or both and pick up some SA goodness!!

Same. I’m getting my SW 68 slabbed and whatever I make off it is going to a SA key.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user
Mine is up for sale taking responsibility offers $1,000

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I feel sorry for anyone trying to complete runs. However, if a fool offers someone money, they are a fool not to take it.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Sentimental value doesn't pay the bills. I got raws, Crappy Grading Company slabs, CBCS slabs. What's your pleasure?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
I collect runs; been doing it 40 years. The last several years have been very hard on me. Fortunately i have almost all the keys i want; unfortunately the few i still need have tripled in price or worse.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Unortunately ff94 is one I need to complete an early run, so I'll have to wait until the price comes down again, like Avengers 55. I doubt FF 94 is the new Hulk 181.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
What happens when the bubble bursts?

Yep, that's the time to buy if you are still in the market.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah!! I have one didn’t even realize it off to pressing it goes.

Post 24 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

I'm lost for words
Post 25 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

I'm lost for words

Maybe the bidders thought "PR" meant "Pretty Righteous!"
Post 26 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

I'm lost for words

Maybe the bidders thought "PR" meant "Pretty Righteous!"

Way too much money for the condition.
Maybe I'm not keeping up with the fair market value
Post 27 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Fire sale time! It's yours for the low price of $142,000 + $20 media mail shipping!
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmisty4me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder

And with other people's money too - a crash in post-1967 books hurts everyone everywhere.

Especially post-1990 books.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector CrocHntr private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Same. I’m getting my SW 68 slabbed and whatever I make off it is going to a SA key.

Similar thought for me. I hadn’t looked at my Star Wars run in many years, so was happy find not only one, but two nice copies of #42. I sent them off for grading, and will use proceeds for a nice GA book I’m sure.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601448 210 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?