Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeRaw Comics For Sale

Feedback on New Service13937

Collector GuaranteedComics private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Thanks for the response. Yes, we do have a FAQ on our site but anyone is more than welcome to ask questions.

Our biggest learning experience is that we need to do a better job of explaining what we do and how we do it. It is somewhat complex at first but, in the end, we facilitate comic book sales for sellers and buyers to ensure fair transactions. Everything else in between is extra. We will eventually have recourse for sellers. We already have recourse for buyers. We have cool features coming like offers and encapsulating after grading. We are just really excited about launching this completely new service to the community and we know its a challenge when comic book buying has been the same for 20+ years. Change is difficult, even if its done with the community in mind.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
Jesus, I'm very impressed with how you're fielding these inquiries.

While I think your model may need a tweak here or there, your communication skills are very impressive, and could take you far in the hobby.

Post 27 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@GuaranteedComics Just spit-balling here, not completely thought through: maybe there's a guaranteed grade range of 2 grades (i.e. 7.0-7.5)and the buyer has a right to cancel or request a discount below that range and the seller has a right to renegotiate above that range? The grade screen of course would be for 7.0 but there would be upside for the seller when the actual grading happened.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@Redmisty4me Thank you for those kind words. I have a background in finance and sales so my previous life helps me navigate the current one.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia Thank you for the feedback. We have a few ideas of how to incorporate the negotiating and grade range, including something similar to what you have posted. When we are ready to launch those updates, we will do our best to make sure both sides of the equation are treated as fairly as possible.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuaranteedComics
We know we have limitations to our original launch but this iteration is just the beginning.

Here are the features we are working on and would like feedback to prioritize resources.
1. Making and Accepting Offers
2. Negotiating after book grade comes back(both below and above initial grade)
3. Offering buyers ability to encapsulate comic after raw grade comes back
4. Seller uploading pictures(we intentionally left this off of our launch because of ebay tricks/angles)
5. Timeframe, currently at 3 week turnaround for raw grade, also up to CBCS

Jesus, It's not clear to me if the CBCS "Raw Grade" service is automatic once a book passes grade-screen? I would suggest that to keep things simple the Raw Grade service should be automatic and accounted for in your fee structure. The option to Upgrade to a full slab (and the cost for that) should be pre-determined before the book goes in to CBCS, in my opinion. Doing the decision making up front could really reduce the back-and-forth after a book has been pre-screened.

Also, I assume your volume is not currently at the level where you have a sales tax obligation in any state other than Texas? This could actually be a really big selling point for you. The money that would have gone to sales tax instead goes to pay your buyer fees, which means that a buyer gets a Raw Grade or slabbed book for a final price very similar to what they would have paid on Ebay for just a raw book. Assuming that I am understanding things properly.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
I poked around the site some.

I might grab a couple of things and test it out.

Thanks for sharing!
Post 32 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia Yes, the Raw grade screening from CBCS is automatic with every purchase and is accounted for in our fee structure. Predetermined slabbing at the beginning of a transaction is interesting, however, we were coming at this feature from a standpoint of purchasing a book at a certain grade and if that book actually comes back higher then it might constitute the extra money to slab. I think having more options is better and I will definitely think about adding the option to slab up front.

As far as the sales taxes are concerned, no our volume is not enough to warrant the tax obligation from other states at the moment but our sales taxes are calculated through our payment processor stripe.

Also, We do not want to get to the prices of eBay on books as we are adding a premium service to buying comic books online. In other words, we see value in our service and we do not expect to compete with eBay pricing as they do not guarantee a grade and instead rely on disputes, partial refunds, and returns to accommodate the community, while we want to ensure a buyer gets what they pay for and seller can (eventually) maximize their sales.
Post 33 IP   flag post
@Jabberwookie Thank you! I believe we have some really cool books up there at good prices.

ALSO! A majority of the books on the site are already graded. The lead time to build the site allowed us to get some of these books graded before we launched. I would say 85-90% are ready to ship.
Post 34 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I have a super simple question, that I was unable to locate on your website (I know it's just me), what are shipping charges to the buyer?
Post 35 IP   flag post
@sportshort I can't believe I missed this question! Thank you for reaching out, our shipping cost to buyers is calculated at checkout and will always be the same since it ships out from Houston, Texas every time. The only reason your shipping charges would change is if you purchase more than 7 comic books at one time. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you,

-Jesus
Post 36 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Does this mean there's no way to find out the cost of a slab to be shipped or the cost or raw (so to speak)comics without actually going through the purchasing process?
Post 37 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@GuaranteedComics - Below are just a few books I viewed that are in the BUY COMICS section of your site. I noticed the scans of these books and many others (maybe all of them) are cropped. Are these cropped images of stock photos or cropped images of the actual book for sale. Judging by the first two books listed below (which are low grade), I would assume those are not the actual books.

I didn't notice if this was already addressed in this thread, or maybe I missed something on your site.

Thanks!

Adventure Comics 283 / Grade = 2.5 / SKU: d60641ba2769
Incredible Hulk 182 / Grade = 2.0 / SKU: a2bda92ffe55
Strange Tales 180 / Grade = 8.0 / SKU: 73d75f8da09e
Star Wars 1 / Grade = 7.5 / SKU: 4372b96a15c8
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve got my eye on a couple I may grab in the next couple of weeks (bonus time!)

So, I noticed the selection is smaller.

Have you thought of a want list?

I might have some books I’d be willing to sell if knew they were wanted.

Just a suggestion and so far, I kind of like the idea.
Post 39 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder all of the pictures of the books currently on the site are stock photos. One of the options for feedback I requested was if we should add a feature to upload actual pictures to the site. We decided to launch without this functionality because it is more cumbersome to add pictures for buyers and takes longer. We wanted the experience for sellers to upload to be easier and quicker. We also didn't want the angles that ebay sellers have perfected to be an issue.

Also, most of these books on the website we actually have onsite and if you wanted pictures I could send through instagram of via email. I can do this now that our volume is low but, in the future, I won't be able to individually send.

Thank you!
Post 40 IP   flag post
@Jabberwookie Yes, a want list will be updated shortly as will a "I have one to sell". We are also accumulating data and will eventually have "hot books" or "most wanted" etc. Another idea we've messed around with is to have a "what you've bought from us". I wouldn't want it to be a spreadsheet or list of your actual books, just what you have purchased from us. We would use it to send collectors alerts if a book spikes in price and wants to slab or sell. For ex: You purchased X-men 4 CBCS 5.5 January 2020 for X,XXX.XX, the average sold in February of 2021 is +123%, do you want to sell or slab?
Post 41 IP   flag post
@sportshort We don't sell slabs, just raw books. We have the shipping cost automated on the site so I can't tell you specifically. If you do you want to know, you can send me your address and I will figure the cost for 1 book priority to you. That should give you a roundabout of what shipping would cost.

-Jesus
Post 42 IP   flag post
I just realized my whole slab mistake, I am accustomed to paying a flat rate fee for shipping. I usually ship, a gemini mailer 1st class and it is always the same but i have never sent more than 1 book at a time so i can see why it might be an issue quoting if your price changes by distance. I am interested in a book but, I am on a strict spending limit so I will not be able to buy the book till Friday. Hopefully it's still there but if not, I will keep checking your site out.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Just wanted to say thanks for the great service. I ordered a comic. I ordered young avengers on the 27th of Feb, the comic shipped out on the 5th and I got it today. The best part is I got an un-slabbed comic with a CBCS grade so I know I got what I paid for. YOUNG AVENGERS 1 great price too. I will post it on New to your collection 10 thread
Post 44 IP   flag post
@sportshort Thank you! We are glad you were satisfied with our service. Hope to see you back in the shop!

-Jesus
Post 45 IP   flag post
601201 45 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?