Zack Snyder's Justice League (Official Trailer)13930

Collector theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user

Post 76 IP   flag post
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus

Life is good. Wish this happened in 2017, but I’ll take it now.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm hoping for two things from this movie:

1) I hope it's good. I feel like it will be. I know I'm really looking forward to seeing it.
2) Assuming #1 turns out to be true, I hope that Warner management learns a lesson and begins to let their creators (directors, etc) create without getting involved. Invariably, when their management gets involved, they screw things up.

I think #1 has a much greater chance of coming true than does #2.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
I'm hoping for two things from this movie:

1) I hope it's good. I feel like it will be. I know I'm really looking forward to seeing it.
2) Assuming #1 turns out to be true, I hope that Warner management learns a lesson and begins to let their creators (directors, etc) create without getting involved. Invariably, when their management gets involved, they screw things up.

I think #1 has a much greater chance of coming true than does #2.

Bottom line for me, there’s almost no chance the critics will be kind to this movie. Their headlines are already written. It will go over HUGE with the fans of man of steel and bvs. It will win over some casual movie watchers who are not all that steeped in lore, like my wife for example, who will likely not understand why the critics are so hard on it.

Zack Snyder is unfortunately a lot like politics. Most people have picked their tribe and nothing will change their affiliation. Sadly.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@Themaxx35

Truer words were never spoken. I used to be on a horror Facebook page and you couldn’t even mention Rob Zombies name without serious backlash.

The bad thing about being able to share opinions is people haven’t learned that not every opinion needs to be shared.

Having said that, I have mixed feelings about the Snyderverse.

About half of what he does is stylistically cool and just amazing and then the other half I’m scratching my head.

But, I know what I’m getting and considering all the ground he laid for his JL, I’m very much looking forward to seeing his vision versus the generic Marvel-lite movie we ended up with.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Zack Snyder is unfortunately a lot like politics. Most people have picked their tribe and nothing will change their affiliation. Sadly.

Unfortunately, Warner management haven't helped matters for Snyder with the DC films.

I really liked "Man of Steel." I thought it was very well done and handled the issue of 'What happens when beings with superhuman abilities suddenly appear out of nowhere?' very well. It gave a real reason for Zod to be against Kal and I thought that Kal killing Zod was a realistic solution (not the most favorable result for Kal or viewers, but realistic) since Zod was a far superior soldier and fighter and Zod had made it crystal clear that he would never, ever stop trying to get the codex from Kal even if it meant destroying Kal and all of humanity in the process. Zod was only going to get stronger as he gained more control of his new yellow sun-based abilities and no prison on Earth could hold him. Whatcha gonna do?

The BvS theatrical release was ok. I thought BvS: Ultimate Edition was much better as it seemed to clear up plot points that were not resolved in the theatrical release. BvS continued to investigate the question of 'What happens when beings with superhuman abilities suddenly appear out of nowhere?' While I don't know for sure, I assume the studio edited the theatrical release and removed/changed things that Snyder added back in for the Ultimate Edition. Once this stuff was added back in, the results were a much better movie. Note that I fall into the "not bothered by the Martha scene" group as I thought that the scene made Batman open his eyes and realize the humanity of Superman. Your mileage may vary.

JL theatrical was ok. Nothing special. I think everyone on this thread knows the problems encountered both during and after the movie was released and we're all hoping for a win. Assuming that the movie turns out to be good it just sends a message, to me, anyway, that Warner management is a big part of the problems. They need to either get out of their own way and let their creators create or realize that they are incapable of doing that and just stop trying to be another Marvel. Stick to self-contained movies like "Shazam" and WW and be fine with that.
Post 83 IP   flag post
370048 83 8