Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Zack Snyder's Justice League (Official Trailer)13930

Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
I have turned 100,000 worlds to dust looking for those who robbed me of my glory." He did get messed up by Ares. It seems that they can't outright find Earth if it isn't for the Mother Boxes.

Yeah I’ve been thinking about that too. They reference the multi-verse and universes so maybe it’s not as simple to navigate back to an old planet among trillions in existence and with alternate realities and if the mother boxes were asleep maybe they couldn’t pinpoint the location. That’s a simple enough exclamation for me it was just a minor quibble.

Overall still loved it. My “complaints” are more just observations.

As for freeze breath, I’m in the camp thinking it’s a silly silver age power that should be left in the silver age. I wouldn’t have liked it being used no matter how it was done. But it was for sure better here than in the theatrical and they thankfully dropped the silly line about being a “fan of justice”

Over all, about a 9/10 for me or thereabouts. Now give me Deathstroke v Batman!
Post 176 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
On the World of DC comment, I don't follow? You brought the 300 up in post 136 and point to it as being produced without a problem. The 300 was published under Dark Horse. It was produced without an issue because Miller sold it without a chance of the source material being changed. You can't point to the 300 and then pull out the it isn't a part of the DC whatever when someone points to another movie. You have to sidestep Sucker Punch because there isn't anything that can be defended in the directed by, written by, produced by Zack project.

The whiney alien has been covered but I'll provide another point on it. Clark in Alaska and what he does to the truck. That's what a spoiled whiney backbiter does to get vengeance. That isn't what a hero does to get justice. That isn't what Martha and Jonathan would have taught nor the actions that they would have seen come to pass in the comics. That's what you get when Synder gets his hands on a character and follows along with his views that everyone is as bent as Rorschach and his band of pals from the Watchmen.

Of course not...

He doesn't whine or act spoiled, though. He's also not Superman at that point, sooooo.... A lot of problems with these kinds of criticisms is; These are not comic books. Does "not my Superman" sound like a valid criticism for the origin story of Superman?
Post 177 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Quote:
I have turned 100,000 worlds to dust looking for those who robbed me of my glory." He did get messed up by Ares. It seems that they can't outright find Earth if it isn't for the Mother Boxes.

Yeah I’ve been thinking about that too. They reference the multi-verse and universes so maybe it’s not as simple to navigate back to an old planet among trillions in existence and with alternate realities and if the mother boxes were asleep maybe they couldn’t pinpoint the location. That’s a simple enough exclamation for me it was just a minor quibble.

As for freeze breath, I’m in the camp thinking it’s a silly silver age power that should be left in the silver age. I wouldn’t have liked it being used no matter how it was done. But it was for sure better here than in the theatrical and they thankfully dropped silly line about being a “fan of justice”

I know. I'm not dismissing them. Just trying to have a conversation to see what makes sense.

One thing that isn't entirely clear, is that DeSaad says, "now that the Mother Boxes are destroyed". If that's the case, is the Knightmare even still a possibility? I know that The Unity and Anti-Life are 2 different things, but isn't The Unity required to turn Earth into Apokolips?
Post 178 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

As for freeze breath, I’m in the camp thinking it’s a silly silver age power that should be left in the silver age. I wouldn’t have liked it being used no matter how it was done. But it was for sure better here than in the theatrical and they thankfully dropped silly line about being a “fan of justice”

I know. I'm not dismissing them. Just trying to have a conversation to see what makes sense.

One thing that isn't entirely clear, is that DeSaad says, "now that the Mother Boxes are destroyed". If that's the case, is the Knightmare even still a possibility? I know that The Unity and Anti-Life are 2 different things, but isn't The Unity required to turn Earth into Apokolips?

Yeah, I don't know. The anti-life equation and mother boxes are all still a little obscure. I assume they were just going to work that out in future script drafts that never occurred. On a side note, I love that the core of the three mother boxes were visualized like witches or something mythological. Nice creepy addition.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
lol!! This film is literally twice as long as the theatrical release...I noticed 2 hours of new material.

Yeah. Slow motion effects tend to drag out a 2 hour film, brah

I'm not really sure if we can take your opinion at face value, when more than 3 hours of new footage was presented, and you somehow "didn't notice anything new".

I'm not sure if you're just trying to stir the pot, or using hyperbole, but I don't think it's useful.
Post 180 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
No I legitimately did not notice anything new. The only things I noticed changed or different were the last 30 minutes of the film.
Post 181 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
I’m about the halfway mark.

There’s a lot I don’t like and there’s a lot I do like.

I’ll be more detailed after I finish it.

Right now, I’d say it’s going to be about the the same quality as MoS, BvS and JL.

Good god the slow motion.

He’s going to be like JJ Abrams and lens flare.

I kind of wish they’d done this as a series, though.

I appreciate anticipation as much as anyone but he’s got the chapters in it anyway.

They could have milked the popularity of this for a month or two.
Post 182 IP   flag post
Collector Blair1999 private msg quote post Address this user
Honestly, and it did take 2 days to watch "Thanks Falcon and the Snowman" - I thoroughly enjoyed this version. SO MUCH better than the theatrical release, a ton of more backstory, and not just BAM you a team... and especially the resurrection of Clark, or a lot more to that...

4/5 I would love a sequel in this vein.
Post 183 IP   flag post
96% RT with over 25k audience scores after opening weekend is pretty dope.

I can typically immediately discredit 2 different types of critics: Those who say that it's "not different", and those who say it's a "masterpiece".
Post 184 IP   flag post
It’s a 6 out of 10 for me.

Pros:

Flash had more to do

Arthur seemed more serious

Darkseid

Superman’s Black suit

Cons

Amazons- too many scenes with them and some really silly scenes that make zero sense

Editing- Snyder needs an editor. He keeps far too many unimportant scenes in his movies now.

Superman- I thought the movie worked better as Clark being the heart of the team and not Cyborg

Pro and Con

Autumn Snyder- touching he dedicated that to her. Very sad to lose a child.

Pending opinion- alternate reality. I’m not sure about going down this path. Could be too confusing for most.

Martian Manhunter- let’s see how they use him.

Note: my opinion may differ from others. I realize we have passionate fans but no ones opinion is wrong.

Let’s be adults and let people think what they want without judgement or condescension.
Post 185 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I can't wait for the New Gods movie!!
Post 186 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I can't wait for the New Gods movie!!

If done well, there’s a lot of potential there.

I’ll definitely check it out.

Although, I’m holding out hope for an Etrigan movie.
Post 187 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I would imagine that Ryan Abrams, and Bad robot productions are likely to use Etrigan/Jason Blood in some capacity in the Dark Justice series HBOMAX has hired him to produce for the streaming platform...although so far no word on possible lineup, it would seem likely that Swamp thing, Etrigan, Zatanna and Constantine might be the most likely candidates along with Madame Xanadu or Doctor Fate.
I keep thinking the trick there is that Etrigan and swamp thing will both rely heavily on CGI or other expensive processes, in order to use them consistently....although if Jason were seldom to transform, and Swamp thing would be mostly used offscreen, that might help their budget considerations
Post 188 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie

Note: my opinion may differ from others. I realize we have passionate fans but no ones opinion is wrong.

Let’s be adults and let people think what they want without judgement or condescension.

Yeah, that says it well and is everything that should have been said many posts ago....
Post 189 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

If that doesn't work we could do fisticuffs via Zoom. In the old days a difference of opinion might have resulted in a duel with firearms. But we should probably limit it to fisticuffs.
Post 190 IP   flag post
Collector Blair1999 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

If that doesn't work we could do fisticuffs via Zoom. In the old days a difference of opinion might have resulted in a duel with firearms. But we should probably limit it to fisticuffs.

Zoomicuffs? FistiZoom? I wouldn't google that last one....
Post 191 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

Zoomicuffs? FistiZoom? I wouldn't google that last one....

That line reminds me of when my grandmother first learned about google and was looking for a German sausage festival in her area.

You can probably figure out the rest...
Post 192 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
If anyone wants to save some time and not watch what has been reported to be a LLLLLLLLLLLL OOOOOOOOOOO NNNNNNNNN GGGGGGGG, bloated, mess of a movie then watch this youtube clip.

I stopped watching the clip after the fan boy comments about Steppenwolf's armor being different. I guess we all know when a large chunk of the 70 million went. Seriously, different armor and the lighting is different?

Post 193 IP   flag post
Yes, instead of watching the movie, please continue to blindly hate something that you haven't watched. :facepalm:

96% on RT, 9.0 on Metacritic, etc is not "bloated" nor a "mess". In fact, it's one of the most well-received comic book movies... Ever...
Post 194 IP   flag post
Quote:
Yes, instead of watching the movie, please continue to blindly hate something that you haven't watched. :facepalm:

Don’t feed the trolls. Focus on the positive.
Post 195 IP   flag post
Quote:

Don’t feed the trolls. Focus on the positive.

I'm not a troll nor trying to be one. I have a different opinion of Synder and his movies. I have provided posts showing why I think Synder's films aren't good unless he's forced to follow the source material. I've yet to have anyone address my comments on Bruce and him letting down Clark in death and allowing his family farm to be foreclosed on. Synder/Whedon uses it as a plot device but no one ever does a deep dive into what it says about Bruce in the "Synder" DC universe. Kind of like how Clark gets a pass from a poster in this thread for being a whiney backbiter. I believe the excuse used was something along the lines that it is OK because he isn't Superman when he uses his powers for vengeance. I guess his time with his "real" father on the spaceship provides him with the ability to fly, his moral compass, and his suit so all is OK in DC land. At least that's what I took from the reply I got.

We differ in that I look at Clark as the best of humanity and the best of Krypton could have been. Both of his families instilled within him what shines through in books published in the old cornball days of yesteryear. He stands for what we should all reach to be in life. He's like Steve Rogers. As I stated, the MCU got Steve right. They threaded the needle to make modern audiences identify with him and what he stands for inside and out. Synder doesn't get it because of how he looks at the characters he was given. For some reason they all have to be damaged. So, he will never get it right.
Post 196 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I took it for what it is, entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less. If they step outside from the original canon, it doesn't really bother me too much as long as it's not too egregious. After all, it's just make-believe and at the end of the day, it doesn't matter, it was fun and enjoyable for me.
Post 197 IP   flag post
Quote:
It’s a 6 out of 10 for me.

Pros:

Flash had more to do

Arthur seemed more serious

Darkseid

Superman’s Black suit

Cons

Amazons- too many scenes with them and some really silly scenes that make zero sense

Editing- Snyder needs an editor. He keeps far too many unimportant scenes in his movies now.

Superman- I thought the movie worked better as Clark being the heart of the team and not Cyborg

Pro and Con

Autumn Snyder- touching he dedicated that to her. Very sad to lose a child.

Pending opinion- alternate reality. I’m not sure about going down this path. Could be too confusing for most.

Martian Manhunter- let’s see how they use him.

Thanks for the detailed look and write up!
Post 198 IP   flag post
Quote:
I'm not a troll nor trying to be one. I have a different opinion of Synder and his movies. I have provided posts showing why I think Synder's films aren't good unless he's forced to follow the source material. I've yet to have anyone address my comments on Bruce and him letting down Clark in death and allowing his family farm to be foreclosed on. Synder/Whedon uses it as a plot device but no one ever does a deep dive into what it says about Bruce in the "Synder" DC universe. Kind of like how Clark gets a pass from a poster in this thread for being a whiney backbiter. I believe the excuse used was something along the lines that it is OK because he isn't Superman when he uses his powers for vengeance. I guess his time with his "real" father on the spaceship provides him with the ability to fly, his moral compass, and his suit so all is OK in DC land. At least that's what I took from the reply I got.

We differ in that I look at Clark as the best of humanity and the best of Krypton could have been. Both of his families instilled within him what shines through in books published in the old cornball days of yesteryear. He stands for what we should all reach to be in life. He's like Steve Rogers. As I stated, the MCU got Steve right. They threaded the needle to make modern audiences identify with him and what he stands for inside and out. Synder doesn't get it because of how he looks at the characters he was given. For some reason they all have to be damaged. So, he will never get it right.

You're trolling by bashing a movie that you haven't seen. Case in point: The farm incident has been explained in ZSJL. The criticism doesn't account for the fact that Martha Kent doesn't even know Bruce Wayne. Batman doesn't have time to stalk people when the fate of the world is at stake. Clark Kent has never been depicted as a "whiny backbiter". Do you think that sexual harassment, and assault, should go unpunished? Did you want Clark Kent to kill the guy? It seems like you missed the point of Man of Steel. When presented with a compelling argument, such as the speech from Jor-El, open-minded people have the capability of changing their minds/ways.

Generally, nobody cared about Steve Rogers until The Winter Soldier. Nobody identifies with a "man out of time"; Just like nobody identifies with an overpowered alien (until you make him psychologically human).
Post 199 IP   flag post
Quote:

You're trolling by bashing a movie that you haven't seen. Case in point: The farm incident has been explained in ZSJL. The criticism doesn't account for the fact that Martha Kent doesn't even know Bruce Wayne. Batman doesn't have time to stalk people when the fate of the world is at stake. Clark Kent has never been depicted as a "whiny backbiter". Do you think that sexual harassment, and assault, should go unpunished? Did you want Clark Kent to kill the guy? It seems like you missed the point of Man of Steel. When presented with a compelling argument, such as the speech from Jor-El, open-minded people have the capability of changing their minds/ways.

Generally, nobody cared about Steve Rogers until The Winter Soldier. Nobody identifies with a "man out of time"; Just like nobody identifies with an overpowered alien (until you make him psychologically human).

The example I provided sums Clark up perfectly why I have an issue with him in Synder’s films. As stated, he’s bent, stunted emotionally, and a backbiter. As no other explanation is available the audience is left to point at the way the Kent’s raised Clark. That is unacceptable to me. Your reply is he isn’t Superman yet. So, following that line of thinking was it Jor-El that taught Clark morality or was it one of the alien robots on the ship? Also, at what point does Clark’s newfound sense of morality kick in and at what level? Does he only tackle the “big” crimes that take place or does he break the legs of jaywalkers? I ask as you have asked me if the guy in the bar should have gotten a free pass on his actions. No he shouldn’t have. In order to start the ball rolling towards justice all Clark would have had to do was dial 911. He files a police report on the actions he witnessed in the bar. The justice system kicks in. Not really that entertaining but at least we don’t get someone who lurks in the shadows and doles out vengeance because he’s a whiney guy who has been picked on all his life. We don’t get a guy who destroys a truck because he’s mad. At what point did Clark or anyone else point out to the driver that the destruction was done in response to his behavior? It never happens. The driver isn’t going to change his behavior towards anyone that he views is weaker than himself because he has no idea why the truck was destroyed.

As far as me missing the point of whatever movie, I’d point out that Synder lost the point of Justice League. To Warner Brothers it is about profit and ROI. Developing, shooting, and producing an R-rated 4+ hours movie for theaters is folly and the epitome of a self-indulgent director. Making it R-rated combined with the run time would have limited the amount of times the paying public would have the opportunity to view the movie and the size of the audience. The executives at Warner Brothers realized it and attempted to pull the movie back from the abyss. It didn’t work. Allowing it to move forward as Synder intended wouldn’t have worked for the studio or the theater chains either. His cut works for a streaming service in today’s COVID world. It doesn’t work for a world that has people in theater seats.

Lastly, the attempts to label me as a “troll” don’t work on many levels. First, the thread was started before the movie came out. Secondly, my interactions have been about Synder’s choices, and what he produces. The forum rules allow for differing opinions. That’s all I’m providing. A differing opinion.

If you sought or seek a “safe zone” or an echo chamber then put it in the first post that you do not desire other opinions besides the ones you seek or hold. I'm not the only voice you have sought to quiet. You even went after kaptainmyke when he offered an observation on the film that seems to differ from what you seem to be seeking.

Quote:

I'm not really sure if we can take your opinion at face value, when more than 3 hours of new footage was presented, and you somehow "didn't notice anything new".

I'm not sure if you're just trying to stir the pot, or using hyperbole, but I don't think it's useful.
Post 200 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Just finished it the other night. Really dug it.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Quote:
The example I provided sums Clark up perfectly why I have an issue with him in Synder’s films. As stated, he’s bent, stunted emotionally, and a backbiter. As no other explanation is available the audience is left to point at the way the Kent’s raised Clark. That is unacceptable to me. Your reply is he isn’t Superman yet. So, following that line of thinking was it Jor-El that taught Clark morality or was it one of the alien robots on the ship? Also, at what point does Clark’s newfound sense of morality kick in and at what level? Does he only tackle the “big” crimes that take place or does he break the legs of jaywalkers? I ask as you have asked me if the guy in the bar should have gotten a free pass on his actions. No he shouldn’t have. In order to start the ball rolling towards justice all Clark would have had to do was dial 911. He files a police report on the actions he witnessed in the bar. The justice system kicks in. Not really that entertaining but at least we don’t get someone who lurks in the shadows and doles out vengeance because he’s a whiney guy who has been picked on all his life. We don’t get a guy who destroys a truck because he’s mad. At what point did Clark or anyone else point out to the driver that the destruction was done in response to his behavior? It never happens. The driver isn’t going to change his behavior towards anyone that he views is weaker than himself because he has no idea why the truck was destroyed.

As far as me missing the point of whatever movie, I’d point out that Synder lost the point of Justice League. To Warner Brothers it is about profit and ROI. Developing, shooting, and producing an R-rated 4+ hours movie for theaters is folly and the epitome of a self-indulgent director. Making it R-rated combined with the run time would have limited the amount of times the paying public would have the opportunity to view the movie and the size of the audience. The executives at Warner Brothers realized it and attempted to pull the movie back from the abyss. It didn’t work. Allowing it to move forward as Synder intended wouldn’t have worked for the studio or the theater chains either. His cut works for a streaming service in today’s COVID world. It doesn’t work for a world that has people in theater seats.

Lastly, the attempts to label me as a “troll” don’t work on many levels. First, the thread was started before the movie came out. Secondly, my interactions have been about Synder’s choices, and what he produces. The forum rules allow for differing opinions. That’s all I’m providing. A differing opinion.

If you sought or seek a “safe zone” or an echo chamber then put it in the first post that you do not desire other opinions besides the ones you seek or hold. I'm not the only voice you have sought to quiet. You even went after kaptainmyke when he offered an observation on the film that seems to differ from what you seem to be seeking.

It's called 'character development'. I am ROFLing at the idea of a super-powered being calling 9-1-1. That would be campier than Josstice League, and wholly unrealistic.

Still haven't seen how Clark is a "backbiter" or "whiny".

You haven't seen Zack Snyder's Justice League, so upon what basis is your statement on the director...?

You're trying to get a rise out of people by bashing a movie that you have not seen (trolling). If you see it, and want to discuss it, we'll be here to see what valid opinions you may form.

Call a spade a "spade".
Post 202 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Zack Snyder’s Justice League Has Beaten Marvel and Star Wars In A Shocking Way

Zack Snyder’s Justice League has proved a massive success for Warner Bros. and HBO Max, but just how popular it is wasn’t clear until today. Now, DC’s long-awaited director’s cut of a breathtakingly bad 2017 superhero movie is going toe-to-toe with proven winners from the Mouse House and winning.

Deadline brings word of the film’s success, reporting that Zack Snyder’s Justice League trails behind Wonder Woman 1984‘s performance only slightly with a 1.8M viewership in its first five minutes during its first weekend on the streamer. Wonder Woman 1984 attracted 2.2 million viewers during a comparable time frame, which is only a bit more than what Justice League was able to do. But what is most exciting about this number is that it means that the Snyder Cut pulled in more viewers than Marvel’s The Falcon and the Winter Soldier premiere, which means that Zack Snyder’s movie beat that show as well as The Mandalorian and WandaVision. That is astounding.

Full articleclickable text
Post 203 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster BOOYAH!!!!
Post 204 IP   flag post
In ZSJL the mother box at Star Labs is designated Unknown Object 61982. As Cyborg is born of a mother box in the film, it is given the # 61982 as a reference to the comic cover below which hit stands June 19, 1982 or 6/19/82.

Post 205 IP   flag post
601380 205 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?