Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Zack Snyder's Justice League (Official Trailer)13930

Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
FOUR hours???

Reminds me of that joke about Philadelphia...
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmisty4me
FOUR hours???

Oh, like you have a life and can’t spend four hours watching a movie!

Just kidding! : )

I get it. It’s a long time. It reminds me of the last Lord of the Rings movie.

Went around lunchtime in December to see it and came out and it was dark!

Knowing how I doze off during movies these days, I’ll just spend the week watching it, like a mini-series!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmisty4me
FOUR hours???

Oh, like you have a life and can’t spend four hours watching a movie!

Just kidding! : )

I get it. It’s a long time. It reminds me of the last Lord of the Rings movie.

Went around lunchtime in December to see it and came out and it was dark!

Knowing how I doze off during movies these days, I’ll just spend the week watching it, like a mini-series!

Lord of the Rings?

Slept through the whole thing.

Bad Moms kept me awake however!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I am very weary of any DC related film.....the first JLA trailers looked good too...and we saw what that lead to....I'll be a sucker though and give this a try....I keep hoping they will make good movies!!

I almost never go fan boy about comic films but sometimes the inconsistencies in for instance someones powers from one part of a movie to the next (never mind one film to the next) kind of just turns me off.

I'm rooting for this one though...but yeah...4hrs!!!! ouch
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
I am all in for this. I am a huge fan of MoS, and I've wanted to see the full arc that was originally envisioned for these movies since it came out 8 years ago. The likelihood of that 5 movie arc ever being completed is practically non-existent, but at least I'll get 3 out of 5.
Post 30 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I never bothered to watch the first one due to so many negative reviews so I'm looking forward to watching this over 1-2 days. I felt Batman vs Superman would've been great if it wasn't for the unbearable portrayal of Lex Luther. It still makes me cringe and has forever ruined anything with Jesse Eisenberg in it, even Zombieland (turns out he's in Justice League, I may have to fast forward through any parts with him in it).
Post 31 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm planning to watch it. In fact I'll be signing up for HBO Max at the end of this month.

I'm really hopeful that this version is better than the theatrical release. I liked MoS quite a bit and I liked the BvS Ultimate Edition so my fingers are crossed for this one.
Post 32 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user

Post 33 IP   flag post

Post 34 IP   flag post

Post 35 IP   flag post
Allegedly, Zack Snyder's Justice League will be released on Blu-ray/etc only a couple of weeks after it streams on HBO Max and other services.
Post 36 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
That's what I had heard... that it will be shown as a 4 part mini-series on HBO Max and then released as a single (no parts) movie on blu-ray,etc. afterward.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
That's what I had heard... that it will be shown as a 4 part mini-series on HBO Max and then released as a single (no parts) movie on blu-ray,etc. afterward.

It's a single 4-hour movie on all media.
Post 38 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

clickable text
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
clickable text

clickable text

That newer video looks like some sort of end credits?
Post 40 IP   flag post
So, it seems like this is going to be around 260 minutes (according to Junkie XL)? 20 of which will be an 'intermission', and credits. Snyder only shot about 220 minutes of film, so they must have added about 20 minutes of only VFX shots?
Post 41 IP   flag post
I just watched BvS UE and that movie seems like a much better set up for Snyder cut.

It might take me 3-4 days to watch it, but I’m excited to see it.

It’s a shame this won’t movie won’t lead to much more, but should be fun.

The only thing I’m not keen on is Letos Joker.

I just don’t care for his take on him.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
I just watched BvS UE and that movie seems like a much better set up for Snyder cut. It might take me 3-4 days to watch it, but I’m excited to see it.

It’s a shame this won’t movie won’t lead to much more, but should be fun.

The only thing I’m not keen on is Letos Joker. I just don’t care for his take on him.

I'll be watching MoS and BvS the days leading up to ZSJL. It'll be nice to have all of the context fresh in my memory.

You never know; If ZSJL is a hit, money is always a motivating factor to right the ship.

I think that Joker's appearance in the trailer was pretty good. I despise his portrayal in Suicide Squad. It was fairly awful.
Post 43 IP   flag post
@theCapraAegagrus

Agreed on joker.

If he just a little screen time, I can live with it.

You’re probably more up to date on DC news than I am, but didn’t Henry Cavill, Affleck and the guy who played Cyborg say they were moving on?

I thought that’s what I heard and I kind of checked out.

While I didn’t love the three movies Cavill was Superman in, I really thought he’s been the best Superman, maybe ever.
Post 44 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie The release isn’t strictly what Snyder had shot or originally intended. Cavill, Affleck, Leto, and others agreed to return to film new scenes for this release, I’d imagine because the commitment here isn’t nearly that of shooting entire new movies.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
@theCapraAegagrus

Agreed on joker.

If he just a little screen time, I can live with it.

You’re probably more up to date on DC news than I am, but didn’t Henry Cavill, Affleck and the guy who played Cyborg say they were moving on?

While I didn’t love the three movies Cavill was Superman in, I really thought he’s been the best Superman, maybe ever.

Fisher/Cyborg has basically been fired. They removed him from the flash movie so he’s gone I think.

Cavill and Affleck are notoriously vague and tight lipped about anything further. I think Affleck hated doing the reshoots with Weadon and wanted to put the franchise behind him. The fact that he came back to do reshoots for Zack for the Joker scenes is telling though. He didn’t have to do that. So I think he has some loyalty to the role and to Zack. There’s scuttlebut about there being an HBO Max series planned with Affleck Batman and Leto Joker. But that’s all rumor.

Cavill never says a word. I think his agent keeps a tight lid on him. He’s still interested in the role and he’s even pitched movie ideas to Warner Bros.

Frankly though it looks like Warner Bros. main studio wants nothing to do with Snyder’s Affleck and Cavill.

I think our best hope is for the Snyder-style DC movies to live on HBO Max as series the way Netflix did Punisher and Daredevil. But I don’t know that Affleck and Cavill would be interested in doing that. Particularly Cavill as he is set on trying to establish his movie star cred, but he’s doing Witcher as a series so who knows.

Bottom line for me is that this all depends on the success of JL on HBO. Show them there’s demand and money there and HBO will want to exploit that. Main studio Warner Bros. can suck it at this point for all I care.
Post 46 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
WB is not moving forward with Henry Cavill. They are rebooting Superman with a black Superman for the next film...new writers are writing the script.

Affleck is not interested in the Batman role and has departed.

clickable text
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Jabberwookie The release isn’t strictly what Snyder had shot or originally intended. Cavill, Affleck, Leto, and others agreed to return to film new scenes for this release, I’d imagine because the commitment here isn’t nearly that of shooting entire new movies.

Ah, ok. I did not know there were reshoots or additional scenes.

I thought this was all cutting room floor stuff.

Good info to know.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
WB is not moving forward with Henry Cavill. They are rebooting Superman with a black Superman for the next film...new writers are writing the script.

Affleck is not interested in the Batman role and has departed.

clickable text

I believe Affleck is confirmed for the Flash movie, which to be honest, will probably just be a cameo and opportunity to show him essentially stepping out of the role as the Flash movie looks like the jumping off point to restructure the movie universe.

Again, main studio Warner Bros can $&@? off at this point as far as I’m concerned.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
@theCapraAegagrus

Henry Cavill signed a 2-film extension last year. Ben Affleck is reportedly in talks with HBO Max to do some sort of Batman show (he's also going to be in The Flash movie). Ray Fisher said that he will work with Zack Snyder again, if asked.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

Cavill did not return for any re-shoots. Snyder filmed less than 5 minutes of 'additions' in 2020. 97% of the movie was filmed in 2016.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Main studio Warner Bros. can suck it at this point for all I care.

Very succinct.
Post 52 IP   flag post
@theCapraAegagrus

Thanks!

I didn’t really like Fishers Cyborg, so I wouldn’t object to a recasting there.

Maybe I haven’t read the Wolfman/ Perez run recently enough, but I don’t recall Cyborg being so brooding.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
@theCapraAegagrus

Thanks!

I didn’t really like Fishers Cyborg, so I wouldn’t object to a recasting there.

Maybe I haven’t read the Wolfman/ Perez run recently enough, but I don’t recall Cyborg being so brooding.

I'm withholding judgment until the 18th. Cyborg is allegedly the "heart" of JL, and we weren't given much of his character in Josstice League.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Possible spoiler

clickable text
Post 55 IP   flag post
600783 205 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?