CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What are the Rules re: posting bad Buyers from eBay?13895

I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
@Siggy, I take it you are just looking for general knowledge and the more the merrier. As I recall you don’t sell so why be overly concerned about buyers? I just think I remember you mentioning you don’t sell. That’s the reason why I have never solicited you for the books you post in the multiples thread.

Some people who buy comics also sell them. I'd bet if they can't be trusted as a buyer, there's a good chance they can't be trusted as a seller.
And the need to sell my collection could happen tomorrow. I've been considering reducing my collection to just silver and bronze.
Copy that.. I have never sold on eBay only bought. This whole thread and topic just falls on dumb ears to me. Purchasing, bidding, and sending offers that aren't completed by buyers seems absurd.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I've had buyers not pay...once on MCS and maybe twice on Ebay. At the time it seems outrageous because it makes you feel completely helpless...and I think that feeling of helplessness is what drives one to the forums to call out the buyers. But if you step back and look at the whole forest you realize that dealing with an occasional and random non-buyer is really a small price to pay in order to have the selling formats available to us.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Siggy, I take it you are just looking for general knowledge and the more the merrier. As I recall you don’t sell so why be overly concerned about buyers? I just think I remember you mentioning you don’t sell. That’s the reason why I have never solicited you for the books you post in the multiples thread.

Some people who buy comics also sell them. I'd bet if they can't be trusted as a buyer, there's a good chance they can't be trusted as a seller.
And the need to sell my collection could happen tomorrow. I've been considering reducing my collection to just silver and bronze.
Copy that.. I have never sold on eBay only bought. This whole thread and topic just falls on dumb ears to me. Purchasing, bidding, and sending offers that aren't completed by buyers seems absurd.

That's cool Not every thread is for everyone, and everyone doesn't have to join in every thread.
There are so many threads I never open simply because the thread topic is something I have no interest in, and I have no desire to enter those threads announcing that fact. As a result, I cause no disruption for anyone in those threads who ARE interested.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy Quote:

There are so many threads I never open simply because the thread topic is something I have no interest in, and I have no desire to enter those threads announcing that fact. As a result, I cause no disruption for anyone in those threads who ARE interested.

Right there with you. Besides, if i read every thread, there would be no domestic bliss at home. 😬
Post 79 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
you are 100% right. I didn't have any interest until I read the posts. I did learn things tough.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I can't wait to see what happens when a forum member is outed in this thread as posting personal information is against the rules. Also, I can't wait to see what happens when a forum member is insulted or characterized in an insulting way by someone due to a he said/they said situation on eBay. That too is against forum rules.

This thread has all sort of interesting possible outcomes.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user
Never have I seen four pages of people just waiting to see who he’s outing!!
Post 82 IP   flag post
Just for the record: Over the holiday season we were talking about buyers who file a claim when they know their item is stuck in shipping delays. I said then to out em on the forum so that we can know them. I would be happy to know the names of buyers who decided not to pay for their purchases, particularly when the communication messages are shared as evidence. Maybe it will be cathartic for a forum member/seller to release their frustration that way. Maybe we will get to know both the buyers and sellers a little better that way.
In short @BuscemaSterankoLee, whatever your personal consensus-building shortcomings may be, I agree with you and want to know the names of deadbeat buyers.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuscemaSterankoLee

Stu!

That may explain the 5,000 blocked bidders - you could get to that number with just Stu's eBay accounts...
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector BuscemaSterankoLee private msg quote post Address this user
I better clear this up now as I know what is coming:

The "outing" of the bad actors online does NOT include personal info, etc.

ONLY online handle names; the eBay User ID.

Any evidence that they send via messaging of any interface that has THEIR names

that THEY offer as information via said communications is collateral damage on THEIR part.

I have responded to several CBCS Forumites in a page or two working backwards.

Won't respond to the snark and disrespect.

Thank those few who did PM me and send other means of communication.

Hang tough!

BuscemaSterankoLee
Post 85 IP   flag post
Fingers crossed that the list of 5000 is posted all at one time. If it dribbles out at 3 "outings" a day with supporting evidence showing whatever offense was committed, then it will take over 4 1/2 years to post.

I believe it has been indicated that the point of the thread is to help other sellers that use the eBay platform. So, publishing the 5000 eBay user names the OP stated he has all at once would be the quickest way to provide that assistance. At the point of publishing, I am guessing that the OP desires other sellers to apply the list to their eBay accounts (if they wanted to do so). I guess at that point other sellers would share their own naughty list providing "assistance" to other interested parties.

If the point of the thread is to drag eBay buyers through the mud and "label them", then something else is going on.

Either way this thread is going to be highly entertaining to read.
Post 86 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Y'know.... funny... this just came in 5 minutes ago on a $10.50 comic that I already packed up, and paid for shipping.
I hadn't gotten a "pleasure to deal with" buyer in awhile and it's interesting how a perspective can sway significantly after it happens to oneself. The "marker" he refers to is the direct edition vs. the newsstand edition without the x in the barcode.

"I saw the picture and I don't want a copy with a marker on the cover. When I bid on it the picture I saw on my phone was to small to see that. I Paid but I don't want this auction.
WOndering if you could cancel and refund.
THank you in advance for your consideration."
Post 87 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@BuscemaSterankoLee at this point I think you should be temporarily suspended by the moderators for not posting your list that you've been talking about for 2 days now. I consider what you're doing a form of trolling.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111

I have to wonder how much of that is related to people not knowing comics and just chasing money.

I think we all know you’re going to run into bad buyers, and information about bad buyers is always welcome, but for me, and it appears others, is the source of that bad buyer list seems to be less factual and more emotionally based.

I tried to bring that up politely but got attacked and insulted for efforts to reach out.

He certainly has the choice to behave that way, but the rest of us can choose to not take what he says seriously.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector Buzzetta private msg quote post Address this user
I was told to stop by and post a meme.

To those on the CBCS side of things, saying hi and I wish you all a happy and healthy new year. I do like stopping by and seeing what is new on this side of the internet.

Enjoy Cal's visit.

Post 90 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie Yeaaaaa....Im' with ya. I'm just aggravated... lol. It happens.
Post 91 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I have absolutely no idea who the OP is, but I think he needs to take some time off and rethink things.

IMO he comes across as a narcissist seeking attention. If he cannot achieve it in his personal life, then he has to do it online.

@BuscemaSterankoLee - document and substantiate,.... else, Shut Up!
Post 92 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Y'know.... funny... this just came in 5 minutes ago on a $10.50 comic that I already packed up, and paid for shipping.
I hadn't gotten a "pleasure to deal with" buyer in awhile and it's interesting how a perspective can sway significantly after it happens to oneself. The "marker" he refers to is the direct edition vs. the newsstand edition without the x in the barcode.

"I saw the picture and I don't want a copy with a marker on the cover. When I bid on it the picture I saw on my phone was to small to see that. I Paid but I don't want this auction.
WOndering if you could cancel and refund.
THank you in advance for your consideration."

You know what to do - BLOCK this clown.

BuscemaSterankoLee
Post 93 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@BuscemaSterankoLee at this point I think you should be temporarily suspended by the moderators for not posting your list that you've been talking about for 2 days now. I consider what you're doing a form of trolling.

Show us where I say that I intend to publish the ENTIRE List?

Show us or shut the fudge up.

BuscemaSterankoLee
Post 94 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzetta
I was told to stop by and post a meme.

To those on the CBCS side of things, saying hi and I wish you all a happy and healthy new year. I do like stopping by and seeing what is new on this side of the internet.

Enjoy Cal's visit.

Like I said in post 86, this thread is going to be highly entertaining to read.
Post 95 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Thanx a Zillion, fellow Collectors!

Yes, I know about the CGC Forum, trust me( wink wink).

But I am more worried about THIS Forum.

It is a two-fold strategy on my part to ensure that THIS

Thread/Forum does not end up like that one.

So I am doing my due diligence here first before putting what

I believe to be HELPFUL info for you eBay Sellers out there.

I ALWAYS take the other's suggestions and block the not-so-brain-functioned

and this is a POSITIVE action.

The bashers and naysayers have their own twisted agendas.

I stopped trying to even figure them out 4 decades ago.

So in a few days I am going to let 'er RIP...

Stay Tuned

BuscemaSterankoLee

You said you would post at least something here, but I suppose you can keep being a weirdo and posting nonsense instead.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user

A tempest in a proverbial teapot...in before the obvious lock
Post 97 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah I'm in before the lock, looking at posts

Post 98 IP   flag post
Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Thanx a Zillion, fellow Collectors!

Yes, I know about the CGC Forum, trust me( wink wink).

But I am more worried about THIS Forum.

It is a two-fold strategy on my part to ensure that THIS

Thread/Forum does not end up like that one.

So I am doing my due diligence here first before putting what

I believe to be HELPFUL info for you eBay Sellers out there.

I ALWAYS take the other's suggestions and block the not-so-brain-functioned

and this is a POSITIVE action.

The bashers and naysayers have their own twisted agendas.

I stopped trying to even figure them out 4 decades ago.

So in a few days I am going to let 'er RIP...

Stay Tuned

BuscemaSterankoLee

You said you would post at least something here, but I suppose you can keep being a weirdo and posting nonsense instead.

I share this supposition...
Post 99 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
Much ado about nothing.
Post 100 IP   flag post
I just decided that this is not for me.

Too busy doing other things.

Will post what I need to do on YouTube/Rumble and BitChute.

That is that.

You don't need to concern yourselves with me anymore.

I will lurk and occasionally post but that is it.

Can't believe you guys are worse than the CGC Forum.

BuscemaSterankoLee
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:

BuscemaSterankoLee

There is no way in hell we're worse than the CGC Forum, that place is toxic. This is further proof that you're a troll.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

BuscemaSterankoLee

Seriously 😂😂😂
Post 103 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I just decided that this is not for me.

Too busy doing other things.

Will post what I need to do on YouTube/Rumble and BitChute.

That is that.

You don't need to concern yourselves with me anymore.

I will lurk and occasionally post but that is it.

BuscemaSterankoLee

Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:

Oh snap. Time to bust out that list again.

I know I'm posting this twice in the same thread for those who missed it the first time, but anyone who hasn't seen this in the last 20 years should watch it. You will laugh.
Post 105 IP   flag post
616431 151 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.