CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What are the Rules re: posting bad Buyers from eBay?13895

Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuscemaSterankoLee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
Surely, you can see that coming in here and taking the stance that you’re one of the few who cares about the hobby, and passive-aggressively (and at times, outright aggressively) insulting forum members isn’t the strongest way to make your case, right?

Most of us don’t know you, and regardless of your connections to the “top brass,” have no history of you on these boards except what you’re doing right now.

You remember that commercial about how you never get a second chance to make a first impression?

I’m sure you do care about the hobby and most of us here do, too.

We just might object to a newcomer coming in, name-dropping and telling a bunch of long-time enthusiasts that only he can save us.

I would be interested in hearing more of what you have to say, but can we do it without insults and the superior attitude?

It’s a good group here. If you treat them well, you will be welcomed.

You need remedial reading lessons.

I was attacked first.

As you are not truly interested in what I have to say then don't respond.

This might not be a good idea after all but I stepped in this so I WILL accomplish what I set out to do.

I will benefit those who know me, appreciate the efforts and know where I am at in this world. That will suffice.

BuscemaSterankoLee

Maybe you ought to give my post another read before you start giving out criticism for reading skills.

I pretty much stated that I’d like to hear what you have to say if you can act like a civilized human being.

It’s not really a high bar.

I’m sorry that’s too difficult for you.

And, on that note, I know all I need to know about this poster and won’t bother interacting with you during your tenure here, which I’m guessing will be really short.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Confucius say, "If you see an Ahole in the morniing, you saw an Ahole in the morning...if you see Aholes all day long, chances are you're the Ahole."

Ahhhhh.... my bust out laughter for the day!

Unfortunately, that takes way more awareness than what your typical Ahole is capable of.

For example, who starts out on a forum with a blacklist, insult anyone who doesn’t have one, brags about being a terrible poster on other boards, and claims to have “powerful connections.”

I feel like any two of this would get most peoples ahole radar up.
Post 52 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Confucius say, "If you see an Ahole in the morniing, you saw an Ahole in the morning...if you see Aholes all day long, chances are you're the Ahole."

Ahhhhh.... my bust out laughter for the day!

Unfortunately, that takes way more awareness than what your typical Ahole is capable of.

For example, who starts out on a forum with a blacklist, insult anyone who doesn’t have one, brags about being a terrible poster on other boards, and claims to have “powerful connections.”

I feel like any two of this would get most peoples ahole radar up.

It's Calamerica. Cal, who makes lists.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector BuscemaSterankoLee private msg quote post Address this user
From jabberNookie:

I am not so sure you will outlast me let alone anyone else.

Post 54 IP   flag post
@DrWatson

I guess he’s not one I’ve dealt with before.

I feel like I’d remember that level of narcissism.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Quote:
I am not so sure you will outlast me let alone anyone else.

Who cares who outlasts whom? You're not so bad when aren't being a malcontent.
Post 56 IP   flag post
@DrWatson

I tried to give the guy a chance.

I was even curious about this list until I started to question the legitimacy of the list.

I guess I just need a little better sales pitch than: “Kneel before Zod!”
Post 57 IP   flag post
I accomplished what I set out to do. A few used the Blocked Bidder info.

A few got their panties in a bunch. Online discourse - what else is new?

No need to "impress" the REAL malcontents here. I get enough of that and all I want on the CGC Forum.

That's all for now.

BuscemaSterankoLee
Post 58 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’m an eBay buyer looking for an IMSM #1, Bwahahaha
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Was there a list of eBay sellers/buyers to avoid at some point in this thread? Cause I ain’t seein one, did I miss something?
Post 60 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
You should post the list in this thread, I'd like to see if I'm on it .
Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:
@DrWatson

I was even curious about this list until I started to question the legitimacy of the list.

Oh, he has a list. Lists are his thing.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
You should post the list in this thread, I'd like to see if I'm on it .

What was that song Homer was singing about Geraldo and Al Capones vault?
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
@DrWatson

I should probably clarify here...

I believe the list exists, but I wonder about the buyers considering the behavior here.

I was hoping he might go into more detail, but he seemed to have no desire to do anything but tell us how great he and the list are.

I just got my first no pay on eBay, and I’d be really curious about blocking 5000 buyers.

Is it the seller? Is it because he sells at high volume? I was even curious if I bought from him.

Ah, well. I tried constructive feedback and it wasn’t received, so I am pretty content not to use his stuff.
Post 64 IP   flag post
It probably is 5000 Buyers deep. He's been selling on eBay since eBay had a chat forum. When eBay closed that down, he joined the cgc boards. That's been so long ago that it's measured in dog years.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I imagine the list making is a little like this:

Post 66 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking forward to learning some useful info, and am not too concerned about how it's said.
I know Cal sells enough that he has to have run into many deadbeats. I can't think of a single reason why I'd not want to know who can or cannot be trusted on eBay, whether the info is from Cal or someone who can barely make an understandable sentence.
Post 67 IP   flag post
@Siggy agreed. I bet Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons has a long list of customers who have pissed him off. But I'd still like to see the list and hear the grievances.
Post 68 IP   flag post
@Siggy, I take it you are just looking for general knowledge and the more the merrier. As I recall you don’t sell so why be overly concerned about buyers? I just think I remember you mentioning you don’t sell. That’s the reason why I have never solicited you for the books you post in the multiples thread.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
I'm looking forward to learning some useful info, and am not too concerned about how it's said.
I know Cal sells enough that he has to have run into many deadbeats. I can't think of a single reason why I'd not want to know who can or cannot be trusted on eBay, whether the info is from Cal or someone who can barely make an understandable sentence.

Correct, Siggy: I sell quite a bit on the 'Bay and don't mind being underestimated in my abilities.

This is the Best Post of this Thread.

Me? Like you, I could care less WHO or WHERE I get info that will save me untold grief from the undesirables online, anyone that can steal a keyboard, can and DO cause.

When I see other DEFEND the bad actors that tells me enough to keep them at arm's length.

When I see others DEFEND other bad actions the same arm's length applies.

Sometimes common sense is supposed to lose. It lost on the CGC Forums and right now my opinion is that is it losing here, too. I was hoping otherwise, but like my father kept telling me:
" Wish in one hand, xyzzy in the other hand, see which one gets filled first."
Things are what they are and that is that.

Take care. Oh, make sure you Block the two chowderheads I put here on this Thread.

BuscemaSterankoLee
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
When I see other DEFEND the bad actors that tells me enough to keep them at arm's length.

@BuscemaSterankoLee When an Ebay buyer or Seller gets called out on the forum it's typically a one-sided affair because they are not here to defend themselves. Fair-minded members of the forum may act as that persons surrogate in order to ask questions and try to understand what the other sides position might be if they could defend themselves. It's not a defense of the buyer so much as a defense of their right to have their story told. Is that reasonable and fair?
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

@BuscemaSterankoLee When an Ebay buyer or Seller gets called out on the forum it's typically a one-sided affair because they are not here to defend themselves. Fair-minded members of the forum may act as that persons surrogate in order to ask questions and try to understand what the other sides position might be if they could defend themselves. It's not a defense of the buyer so much as a defense of their right to have their story told. Is that reasonable and fair?

I will try this even though I am running short on time.

Online Merchandising is not a Democratic Forum or courtroom with $1,500 per hour Lawyers.

Your reputation online is YOURS to spit-shine it and be Honest or pull the dastardly schemes when you think you can mess someone over.

Yes, whenever I see established Sellers on the CGC Forums that tell of their experiences with bad buyers/bidders/non-paying pond scum, I stop what I am doing and add those entities on MY Blocked Bidder List. That Seller I know, and why would said Seller say something that was not true, knowing people like me are going to Block a potential buyer?

With the 1st pond scum I posted here on MY Thread I copied the evidence of his throwing his own son under the bus and saying he won't pay. What else do you want? When that non-paying oxygen-waster says I WON'T PAY that IS his side of the story.

Like I will tell Watson when he starts in on me soon, if you don't like the messaging, so look at something else. Easy. Too easy. I know.

I have 20 years on the CGC Boards and other smaller Forums' experience.

Tried everything to get along; some people it just does not work. Don't waste your energy.

I won't put myself through that here on CBCS.

BuscemaSterankoLee
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
It probably is 5000 Buyers deep. He's been selling on eBay since eBay had a chat forum. When eBay closed that down, he joined the cgc boards. That's been so long ago that it's measured in dog years.

Incorrect. I was on BOTH eBay and CGC when the eBay Chat was closed.

BuscemaSterankoLee
Post 73 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
@Siggy, I take it you are just looking for general knowledge and the more the merrier. As I recall you don’t sell so why be overly concerned about buyers? I just think I remember you mentioning you don’t sell. That’s the reason why I have never solicited you for the books you post in the multiples thread.

Some people who buy comics also sell them. I'd bet if they can't be trusted as a buyer, there's a good chance they can't be trusted as a seller.
And the need to sell my collection could happen tomorrow. I've been considering reducing my collection to just silver and bronze.
Post 74 IP   flag post
And I never just take anyone's word. The list at CGC has many people who have been invited to join the boards so they could defend themselves, and I'm all for that.
Remember they guy who was recently banned after trying to crucify a seller before going FDQ? When it was suggested the other party be invited, he blew his top wondering why anyone here would want to hear the other side of it. I doubt Cal was expecting that here.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Some people who buy comics also sell them. I'd bet if they can't be trusted as a buyer, there's a good chance they can't be trusted as a seller.
And the need to sell my collection could happen tomorrow. I've been considering reducing my collection to just silver and bronze.
Copy that.. I have never sold on eBay only bought. This whole thread and topic just falls on dumb ears to me. Purchasing, bidding, and sending offers that aren't completed by buyers seems absurd.
Post 76 IP   flag post
I've had buyers not pay...once on MCS and maybe twice on Ebay. At the time it seems outrageous because it makes you feel completely helpless...and I think that feeling of helplessness is what drives one to the forums to call out the buyers. But if you step back and look at the whole forest you realize that dealing with an occasional and random non-buyer is really a small price to pay in order to have the selling formats available to us.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Copy that.. I have never sold on eBay only bought. This whole thread and topic just falls on dumb ears to me. Purchasing, bidding, and sending offers that aren't completed by buyers seems absurd.

That's cool Not every thread is for everyone, and everyone doesn't have to join in every thread.
There are so many threads I never open simply because the thread topic is something I have no interest in, and I have no desire to enter those threads announcing that fact. As a result, I cause no disruption for anyone in those threads who ARE interested.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy Quote:

There are so many threads I never open simply because the thread topic is something I have no interest in, and I have no desire to enter those threads announcing that fact. As a result, I cause no disruption for anyone in those threads who ARE interested.

Right there with you. Besides, if i read every thread, there would be no domestic bliss at home. 😬
Post 79 IP   flag post
you are 100% right. I didn't have any interest until I read the posts. I did learn things tough.
Post 80 IP   flag post
616431 151 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.