Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What are the Rules re: posting bad Buyers from eBay?13895

Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
If we throw eBayMafiaHacker's comic book collection in the river, will it float???
Post 26 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmisty4me
If we throw eBayMafiaHacker's comic book collection in the river, will it float???

I imagine the Dreck would stay nice and dry until the Police find it and return it to me. That stuff has a knack for sticking around.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector BuscemaSterankoLee private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Hopefully this thread stays open so we can here the situation. I'm all for improving the current state of the hobby in any measure. It really needs it.

I will start here:

Thank you Siggy for your understanding of what I am trying to accomplish here.

As you can see, a few so-called Comic Book Collectors are not comfortable with someone such as myself "outing" some of the few bad actors out there. But my answer to the naysayers out there is a two-fold response:

1) Defending bad actors from any form of justice or defense to honorable members of a group sums it all up about said Defenders and now we can act accordingly(avoidance)...

2) The need of this "Social Justice Warrior" protection does NOT outweigh the NEED for the honorable hard working Sellers out there and I am going to complete the task at hand.

I was hoping to do this without stepping on some toes but I can see that this is not possible. Feelings and ideologies are going to get "hurt". Oh well.

I just need to be much more careful here than on the CGC Boards. I cannot fix the history over CGC but was hoping and still hold out hope that things will go more smoothly here.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
As a buyer and seller on Ebay for over 20 years I realize one is bound to butt heads a few times. I have exactly 2 people on my block list and I feel no need to try and out them publicly.

that said, Im always suspect when a person has enough "unpleasant" experiences on Ebay that they feel the need to post a list on a public forum in order to save us all.

The problem? We only hear one side of the story and the accused doesn't have the chance to defend themselves.

If your list is getting that big.............. Maybe it ain't the people on the list that are the problem.

Only a few posts in and you already got combative with one board member.

I wouldn't want the Ebaymafia poking around in my account. just sayin

I am going to respond to this post.

Methinks that you have an Ebay account that is not even 10% of what MY eBay account is. Seriously. Thus, your admission of only having TWO( 2) Blocked Bidders makes some sense.

"Maybe it ain't the people on the List that are the problem". I am being far more fair to you than that quoted sentence from you re: me. You are being foolish to think that any Ebay Seller will deliberately seek out bidders to block just to get a big Blocked Bidder List.

"Only a few posts in and you already got combative with one board member". So? I am a man that goes through great lengths to defend myself and tell it like it is wether anyone cares for that or not.

I am far WORSE on the CGC and other Forums. I can get downright nasty and combative just to be combative, out of spite and pure evil. I am trying hard to be much more subdued here out of respect for one of the Top Brass here on this CBCS Forum.

Allowances are made for me over CGC, but no allowances should be made for me here, within reason. Those are the terms that I agreed to when I signed up quite some time ago. I do not want to disappoint the Top Brass here.

Despite my previous statement, I cannot resist pushing back somewhat: I am one of only THREE( 3) eBayer's I know out there that have had to have a SECOND Blocked Bidder List Box specially made just for me. Yes, I have had to block 5,000 bad eBayers THREE times over my 22 years on the 'Bay, and once a year I can go through and delete the deleted accounts, which are in numbers larger than most eBayers even realize. But guys like us, we Sell a ton of stuff and have thousands of transactions every year.

So you can point out that I did push back against that other Board member here, but I will close here that I WILL defend myself when pushed. He pushed first, I pushed back. Your buddy is not trying to improve the Hobby, I am. Not my problem if you can't deal with that. I relish the fact that I live in others' heads over the CGC Boards and I guess this is life here, too.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Surely, you can see that coming in here and taking the stance that you’re one of the few who cares about the hobby, and passive-aggressively (and at times, outright aggressively) insulting forum members isn’t the strongest way to make your case, right?

Most of us don’t know you, and regardless of your connections to the “top brass,” have no history of you on these boards except what you’re doing right now.

You remember that commercial about how you never get a second chance to make a first impression?

I’m sure you do care about the hobby and most of us here do, too.

We just might object to a newcomer coming in, name-dropping and telling a bunch of long-time enthusiasts that only he can save us.

I would be interested in hearing more of what you have to say, but can we do it without insults and the superior attitude?

It’s a good group here. If you treat them well, you will be welcomed.
Post 30 IP   flag post

I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@BuscemaSterankoLee Can you please share your Ebay name?
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@BuscemaSterankoLee Can you please share your Ebay name?

A big +1 on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuscemaSterankoLee

I am far WORSE on the CGC and other Forums. I can get downright nasty and combative just to be combative, out of spite and pure evil. I am trying hard to be much more subdued here out of respect for one of the Top Brass here on this CBCS Forum.

Allowances are made for me over CGC, but no allowances should be made for me here, within reason. Those are the terms that I agreed to when I signed up quite some time ago. I do not want to disappoint the Top Brass here.

Also, what name do you post under on the CGC boards that allowances are made for you being "downright nasty and combative just to be combative, out of spite and pure evil"?
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

I imagine the Dreck would stay nice and dry until the Police find it and return it to me. That stuff has a knack for sticking around.

No soggy Son of Satans???

Witch!!!!!!!!!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
As a buyer and seller on Ebay for over 20 years I realize one is bound to butt heads a few times. I have exactly 2 people on my block list and I feel no need to try and out them publicly.

that said, Im always suspect when a person has enough "unpleasant" experiences on Ebay that they feel the need to post a list on a public forum in order to save us all.

The problem? We only hear one side of the story and the accused doesn't have the chance to defend themselves.

If your list is getting that big.............. Maybe it ain't the people on the list that are the problem.

Only a few posts in and you already got combative with one board member.

I wouldn't want the Ebaymafia poking around in my account. just sayin

I am going to respond to this post.

Methinks that you have an Ebay account that is not even 10% of what MY eBay account is. Seriously. Thus, your admission of only having TWO( 2) Blocked Bidders makes some sense.

"Maybe it ain't the people on the List that are the problem". I am being far more fair to you than that quoted sentence from you re: me. You are being foolish to think that any Ebay Seller will deliberately seek out bidders to block just to get a big Blocked Bidder List.

"Only a few posts in and you already got combative with one board member". So? I am a man that goes through great lengths to defend myself and tell it like it is wether anyone cares for that or not.

Despite my previous statement, I cannot resist pushing back somewhat: I am one of only THREE( 3) eBayer's I know out there that have had to have a SECOND Blocked Bidder List Box specially made just for me. Yes, I have had to block 5,000 bad eBayers THREE times over my 22 years on the 'Bay, and once a year I can go through and delete the deleted accounts, which are in numbers larger than most eBayers even realize. But guys like us, we Sell a ton of stuff and have thousands of transactions every year.

So you can point out that I did push back against that other Board member here, but I will close here that I WILL defend myself when pushed. He pushed first, I pushed back. Your buddy is not trying to improve the Hobby, I am. Not my problem if you can't deal with that. I relish the fact that I live in others' heads over the CGC Boards and I guess this is life here, too.

5,000 blocked bidders???
Post 34 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

5,000 blocked bidders???

This reminds me of an old Confucius joke...

Confucius say, "If you see an Ahole in the morniing, you saw an Ahole in the morning...if you see Aholes all day long, chances are you're the Ahole."
Post 35 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Confucius say, "If you see an Ahole in the morniing, you saw an Ahole in the morning...if you see Aholes all day long, chances are you're the Ahole."

Ahhhhh.... my bust out laughter for the day!
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user
Bro put your list up already. Hollysmokes
Post 37 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Amspider lol!!!!!!
Post 38 IP   flag post
Some of the worst eBayers I've encountered:

Undisclosed_resto2020

Nonpayingbidder.666

Iwillnegu

AllRbooksRtrimmed67
Post 39 IP   flag post
@Redmisty4me Ha!! I've definitely bought from Undisclosedresto2020 and Allbooksrtrimmed67 !
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie well said 👏
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
@Amspider Ha! Give him time! It will take a while to list 5000+ blocked Ebayers. 🤣😂🤣
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
Surely, you can see that coming in here and taking the stance that you’re one of the few who cares about the hobby, and passive-aggressively (and at times, outright aggressively) insulting forum members isn’t the strongest way to make your case, right?

Most of us don’t know you, and regardless of your connections to the “top brass,” have no history of you on these boards except what you’re doing right now.

You remember that commercial about how you never get a second chance to make a first impression?

We just might object to a newcomer coming in, name-dropping and telling a bunch of long-time enthusiasts that only he can save us.

I would be interested in hearing more of what you have to say, but can we do it without insults and the superior attitude?

You need remedial reading lessons.

I was attacked first.

As you are not truly interested in what I have to say then don't respond.

This might not be a good idea after all but I stepped in this so I WILL accomplish what I set out to do.

I will benefit those who know me, appreciate the efforts and know where I am at in this world. That will suffice.

BuscemaSterankoLee
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
@Jabberwookie well said 👏

really???
Post 44 IP   flag post

Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Are you grbrand0 or Quintessence in the exchange for item #254854989419? It isn't clear what your post is for or what you are attempting to display.
Post 46 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Man I thought I had a lot of blocked bidders
Post 47 IP   flag post
Block this clown too:

few_and_far

BuscemaSterankoLee
Post 48 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome back, Jack.
Post 49 IP   flag post

Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

You need remedial reading lessons.

I was attacked first.

As you are not truly interested in what I have to say then don't respond.

This might not be a good idea after all but I stepped in this so I WILL accomplish what I set out to do.

I will benefit those who know me, appreciate the efforts and know where I am at in this world. That will suffice.

BuscemaSterankoLee

Maybe you ought to give my post another read before you start giving out criticism for reading skills.

I pretty much stated that I’d like to hear what you have to say if you can act like a civilized human being.

It’s not really a high bar.

I’m sorry that’s too difficult for you.

And, on that note, I know all I need to know about this poster and won’t bother interacting with you during your tenure here, which I’m guessing will be really short.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:

Unfortunately, that takes way more awareness than what your typical Ahole is capable of.

For example, who starts out on a forum with a blacklist, insult anyone who doesn’t have one, brags about being a terrible poster on other boards, and claims to have “powerful connections.”

I feel like any two of this would get most peoples ahole radar up.
Post 52 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:

Unfortunately, that takes way more awareness than what your typical Ahole is capable of.

For example, who starts out on a forum with a blacklist, insult anyone who doesn’t have one, brags about being a terrible poster on other boards, and claims to have “powerful connections.”

I feel like any two of this would get most peoples ahole radar up.

It's Calamerica. Cal, who makes lists.
Post 53 IP   flag post
From jabberNookie:

I am not so sure you will outlast me let alone anyone else.

Post 54 IP   flag post
@DrWatson

I guess he’s not one I’ve dealt with before.

I feel like I’d remember that level of narcissism.
Post 55 IP   flag post
616431 151 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.