Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Anyone have experiences with CPC Pressing?1389

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
So this is news to be but On October 10th, CPC Pressing announced it was now the official pressing service for CBCS.

From what I've been told from CBCS, when you submit your books you can write, "Needs Pressing Service CPC" to have the books sent to CPC for pressing. And they're apparently the only service that honors a previous VSP label.

Has anyone here used them before or have any experience working with them?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
What happened to CFP Comics?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Robots_One private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Not sure but CPC announced they were doing it at NYCC. Supposedly Pete is one hell of a good presser
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robots_One
Not sure but CPC announced they were doing it at NYCC. Supposedly Pete is one hell of a good presser
I certainly wouldn't expect CBCS to throw their hat in with just anyone. I hadn't heard of CPC before this though so I was wondering what people's experiences had been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
I've only ever submitted one order for pressing at it was to CFP via the CBCS booth at SDCC. I know the two work (worked?) closely together but was CFP ever the announced official presser for CBCS?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
CFP is still around, but no one has been an official cbcs partner until now. Their standard rate is $12 for moderns and its tiered as well. I'm not sure if I'd go with them for a lot of books. CFP is only $10 with a great rep. So for every 5 books you get pressed, you would pay 60 for CPC. The same price would get you 6 books pressed at CFP.

If you have a vsp book, then CPC is probably your only option.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Ah ok so CFP wasn't official, just recommended. Got it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector N3E private msg quote post Address this user
Does CPC drive to CBCS's home office and hand deliver the comics?
Post 7 IP   flag post
I don't think they've said but their street address is 30 minutes from CBCS compared to CFP's 2 hours and CBCS' Mark Roman described them as "in-house"

Sounds like it'd be cheaper to drive them over than to ship them
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
CFP and CPC are both pressers for CBCS, you can request either pressing service when dropping off books at a CBCS booth. Both companies are based in Florida and do pickups/deliveries directly to/from CBCS.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Wait! I sent off a yellow label book to CFP for a press, but it has not gone to CBCS yet. Will it still retain the yellow label or am I screwed?
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Darkga You'll be fine, I did the same thing through CBCS at SDCC. The question I had asked Mark Roman was if I wanted to get a red label book pressed and not pay the verification fee again.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
CFP is based local, has a great reputation, and has been pressing books with success a VERY long time. I have never heard of this other dude outside of facebook, and I have never heard anyone mention him. Anyone ever used them?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I don't think they've said but their street address is 30 minutes from CBCS compared to CFP's 2 hours and CBCS' Mark Roman described them as "in-house"

Sounds like it'd be cheaper to drive them over than to ship them
Joey makes a weekly trip to CBCS last I checked.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
CFP is based local, has a great reputation, and has been pressing books with success a VERY long time. I have never heard of this other dude outside of facebook, and I have never heard anyone mention him. Anyone ever used them?

I think you might be referring to Avery's Comic Pressing on Facebook. I've heard nothing but good things about him. I just sent some books to him the other week. I'll let you know how they turn out.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Robots_One private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Quote:

I think you might be referring to Avery's Comic Pressing on Facebook. I've heard nothing but good things about him. I just sent some books to him the other week. I'll let you know how they turn out.
CPC and Avery are on Facebook. Pete Carbonaro is head of CPC. I've seen big bumps on people's books through CPC. I have some out with Avery as we speak cause I heard he was very good at what he does.
Post 15 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

No he isn't. He's referring to CFPComics.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector WilliamRkelly private msg quote post Address this user
Can any 1 Please tell me the Differences between these two comic something not right about them look at them...

Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:

Got it. Didn't read the thread carefully enough. Thanks
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamRkelly
Can any 1 Please tell me the Differences between these two comic something not right about them look at them...

Look! A squirrel!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:

Got it. Didn't read the thread carefully enough. Thanks

No biggie. I prefer CFPComics, but I have heard good things about Avery as well. I've never heard of CPC(?).
Post 20 IP   flag post
@WilliamRkelly The bottom one is a reprint, judging from it's lack of barcode and price.

Not sure why you chose this thread to bring it up, though
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamRkelly

The Barcode is missing, the numbers around the 301 are missing, the right side of the cover is longer than the original.

Back to the topic at hand...
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
CPC is a new company.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
@WilliamRkelly
ToyBiz reprint.
Post 24 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Well this is a confusing move, they had a long relationship with CFP, why not make CFP the "official" partner?
Post 25 IP   flag post
@DarthLego money most likely.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Well this is a confusing move, they had a long relationship with CFP, why not make CFP the "official" partner?
i don't see the need for an "official" pressing company. I would prefer that they have a "trusted" group of pressing companies or something like that.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
i don't see the need for an "official" pressing company. I would prefer that they have a "trusted" group of pressing companies or something like that.

I agree as it would seem more unbiased unlike CGC in house pressing controversy
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
CPC is a new company.
That's a little concerning, no?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Have any of you also looked at his pricing? I would much rather use Josh Avery from Avery Pressing Services! Fast turn around time and much better pricing!
Post 30 IP   flag post
600839 53 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?